Drinking

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by SpoiledPrincess, Jan 12, 2008.

1. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

Someone last night in the chat room remarked on how many of the people who used it drank while they used it.

How much and what do you drink, do you drink while you're on the net or are you more a social drinker? How often do you get blind falling down drunk :tongue: Has the amount you drink changed as you got older?

For me when I was younger (up to probably 30 or so) I was quite a big drinker, my husband and I went out a lot and it always revolved around the pub or a club. After that although I still went out a fair bit I lightened up on my drinking, I just didn't seem to enjoy it so much. Now when I go out I keep it to a bare minimum, I do enjoy drinking but I'll only have one or two unless it's a special occasion. I've never been a drinker in the house unless I have friends around. It's been years since I've been absolutely pissed to the gills and I usually drink gin and tonic, occasionally vodka and coke.

2. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

I used to have a Budweiser or a scotch once in a while but I haven't had an alcoholic drink since 1971.

3. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

Was that for any special reason Pecker?

4. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

Its been 18 years since i had a drink. I usually drink water or diet soda and smoke cigars.

5. zacktoria

zacktoria New Member

Albums:
    I like to go out with my friends about once every other month and tie-it-on!!! I am purely a social drinker...I don't like to drink alone. And NEVER drive after I drink like that! I think it's a stress releaver for me. Baccardi and coke.....but if you ask me to do a shot...Buttery Nipple all the way!

6. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

The only time i had a drinking problem is when i couldnt find a drink.:tongue:

7. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

My drinking problem was I only had two hands :)

8. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

LMAO:biggrin1:

9. zacktoria

zacktoria New Member

Albums:
    my drinking problem is too many friends wanting to buy me a drink or shot....can never say no to that. gotta work on that! lol

10. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

I have that problem too, although I don't drink as much as I used to I find it hard to say no - to anything :)

11. zacktoria

zacktoria New Member

Albums:

That is too funny!!! Also the funny thing is I have a drink (baccardi and coke) in my hand in my pic!!! lol And yes...was just a little drunk! lol

12. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

I can't recall being drunk in more than 10 years. Cause I black out...just kidding.:biggrin1:

I will occasionally have a drink, but sometimes I will go a whole month without a drink.

I have a fear of getting drunk and getting a call that I have to go somewhere and drive. But i just don't feel like getting drunk, it's not appealing to me.

13. D_Claude_Crowsfoot

D_Claude_Crowsfoot Account Disabled

i used to come onto the chatroom when i was drunk, but i wouldn't come on and drink during.

also, i've been cutting back on my drinking lately. i'm just tired of feeling like shit the next day.

14. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

Like I said earlier I haven't been drunk for ages, but on the occasions I was blind drunk I was unfortunate enough to remember every single thing I did.

15. Not_Punny

Gold Member

Albums:
    I drink beer, but I don't get drunk.

I sometimes find myself with strange men if I get drunk... and that's not a very good thing. :eek:

(If I'm gonna have sex, I'd rather be there, ya know what I mean?!)

16. Axcess

Gold Member

I'm an alien because I don't drink , I simply don't like the smell and flavor of most drinks .

17. Ethyl

Gold Member

Albums:
    I drink considerably less now than when I was younger. I was always a social drinker. I associate booze with celebrations and relaxation so I never drink when i'm upset or angry. I could drink men twice my size under the table in my twenties but my liver has thanked me for not continuing that habit into my thirties. Not to mention I don't like head spins or hugging porcelain all evening.

I enjoy a tipple or two every now and then though. I like weiss bier, wine, single malt scotch, brandy, chocolate martinis and make a killer sangria. Unfortunately, my beau and I must drink in the house since he's legally too young to drink in the US. :rolleyes:

18. whatireallywant

Gold Member

Purely a social drinker here, and not a lot even then (usually just one or two drinks) - I've been drunk a few times and I remember what my hangovers are like - NEVER want to go through that again!!!

19. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

The only problem I have when I drink is that I need to use pot to have a good time. I can't do one or the other, they have to be mixed. I'm a hugely outgoing person when I'm drunk/stoned. When I do one or the other I fall asleep.

20. D_golden parachute

D_golden parachute New Member

I don't drink.

Draft saved Draft deleted