Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ya using cell phones while driving has already been outlawed in my city...yet to see it enforced though

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I concur.
this past fall when i had a two and a half hour commute to a project sight, i was astounded at the erratic driving - weaving in and out of lanes, offf the shoulder of the road and oever the yellow line coming toward me and 98% of the time the drivers on the phones were women.
i am not in any way suggesting that women are bad drivers.
i am merely observing that the majority of people on cell phones while driving are women.
it is an easy thing to do to hit the shoulder of the road, or wander over the yellow line while talking, or texting or dialing. i caught myself doing the same thing today trying to multi task and catch up.
that is why i will not use my cell while in the car. unless it is an emergency, it can wait. or pull over, use the phone or tell whoever you will call them back b/c traffic is bad and you have to focus on actually driving.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
...that's what the National Safety Council says....and is pushing states to adopt...

National Safety Council Calls for Nationwide Ban on Cell Phone Use While Driving

Its mostly women. In fact, most women can't pull out of the driveway without jumping on the cell phone.

Bullshit.

I think applying makeup while driving causes more accidents. Call me crazy.

OK. You're crazy. :smile:

I concur.
this past fall when i had a two and a half hour commute to a project sight, i was astounded at the erratic driving - weaving in and out of lanes, offf the shoulder of the road and oever the yellow line coming toward me and 98% of the time the drivers on the phones were women.
i am not in any way suggesting that women are bad drivers.
i am merely observing that the majority of people on cell phones while driving are women.

That's funny - because the majority of people I notice doing it are men. I don't assume that my observation is in anyway statistically relevant, though. I just assume I am more prone to observing the gender of a person doing a stupid ass thing when that gender is male.

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Are u talking about handheld mobiles here or any form of mobile phone use? In the UK handheld mobile use has been outlawed for a few years - but its impossible to enforce & u still see everyone doing it. So trying to ban hands-free as well would just be pointless.

Personally, I see just as many men doing it as women so I dont get these sexist remarks.

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
We call it Driving Without Due Care And Attention.

Which is not the same as being under the influence. Unless mobile phones really are toxic.

nothungbutveryfun

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Well DUI's are a fact of life because the alcohol industry is a fact of life. Driving while using a cell phone is a fact of life as well. It astounds me to see the way some people are attached to their phones and text messaging. Its simply an addiction that comsumes them every minute of every day; these people are not going to stop using these devices; not in there car, in line at the store, or on the damn toilet for that matter. Get used to it and just watch out. It's funny, I saw a car slammed into a telephone pole just last night and the first thing that came to my mind was they had to be on a cell phone; before they hit it, while they hit and now even after they have hit it. HIT IT!

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Are u talking about handheld mobiles here or any form of mobile phone use? In the UK handheld mobile use has been outlawed for a few years - but its impossible to enforce & u still see everyone doing it. So trying to ban hands-free as well would just be pointless.

Personally, I see just as many men doing it as women so I dont get these sexist remarks.

Sexist? Did I say something about women being inferior?

Just as men are more likely to get a DUI, women are more prone to be jabbering on the phone while driving. In fact, I was grocery shopping last night and more than half the women at the store were on their cell phones while shopping! For those ladies that don't have bluetooth technology, someone should create a cell phone helmet so everyday tasks can be accomplished while still blabbering on the cell.

Steve26

1st LPSG Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Years ago, I placed a cell call while waiting for a stop light to change. When the person I was calling picked up I had a brain fart and started through the intersection even though the light hadn't changed. (I guess my brain somehow conflated the two things I was awaiting.) Fortunately no other cars were coming or it could've been a bad accident.

So ... from personal experience I know that it's hard for the brain to process a phone conversation and driving at the same time. Not to say I *never* take a phone call while driving now, but I try to avoid it. And I agree that the bad drivers on the road are disproportionately yammering away (regardless of their gender).

Steve