Drop In Gym Attendance Due To Coronavirus

DerrickRigg

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Anyone else notice number of people in the gym drop in the last two weeks. I am estimating about 15-20 percent drop in the two gyms I workout at.

So, I am guessing people want to avoid coronavirus. Gyms can be easy places to catch colds because of two reasons:

1. People touching all the weights and equipment
2. Gym staff are not cleaning good enough

Any other input?

Sailingbear

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Treyburn, North Carolina, United States of America
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I have noticed it also. My gym is clean, and I wash down the equipment I use before and after use. I also hit the sauna for 20 mins which is supposed to bump your white blood count up.

socalfreak

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Haven't noticed anything here.
Gym attendance seems normal.
But, I don't think we have the mass hysteria that other places are dealing with.
The CDC is ten miles away.
Officials are publicly stating that, while other places are cancelling conventions, we will be open for business.

p.s. having an increased white blood cell count is an indication that your immune system is being stressed and fighting off infection..... Not that your immune system is stronger.

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It seems about the same to me but I notice more guys using hand sanitizer. Several appear to be in masks. I keep thinking about the bacteria collected in those masks! I’m now going in and leaving in my gym clothes. Not changing or showering there. Still see the same few guys with disgusting manners. Spitting or blowing their nose in a sink etc. so awful.,

Reactions: marlins

Sailingbear

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Treyburn, North Carolina, United States of America
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Haven't noticed anything here.
Gym attendance seems normal.
But, I don't think we have the mass hysteria that other places are dealing with.
The CDC is ten miles away.
Officials are publicly stating that, while other places are cancelling conventions, we will be open for business.

p.s. having an increased white blood cell count is an indication that your immune system is being stressed and fighting off infection..... Not that your immune system is stronger.
High white count is not always a sign of infection. The sauna improves your ability to fight off a virus. The higher white count is from the stress heat has on your system, and the higher white count gives your system a head start on fighting infection.

Reactions: DerrickRigg

socalfreak

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

socalfreak

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

It has been great!!! I can easily do what I came to do. TRAIN

Plasticroad1

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Attendance has been down and I couldn't be happier I like not having to wait around to use the weights or machines I want. Also, half the guys in the gym don't wash their hands after they use the bathroom. It's disgusting and exactly how people get sick. So if some of them nasties stay home, I'm happy!

SquatsNDeads

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Attendance has been down and I couldn't be happier I like not having to wait around to use the weights or machines I want. Also, half the guys in the gym don't wash their hands after they use the bathroom. It's disgusting and exactly how people get sick. So if some of them nasties stay home, I'm happy!
Mine too def difference now. Superset? No problems. Douches on phone sitting on machine checking their sad FB or Grindr feed? Hardly any.

palmer

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
The gyms I've driven by don't seem to have any loss by the number of cars in the parking lot.
My wife said she was going to join a gym but isn't now bc of what's happening ( she wasn't going to join in the first place).

I'm glad I can workout at home though

Keep up the hard work and wiping down machines and benches to those still lifting in the gym!

Reactions: Gj816

Alex22876

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I noticed the same thing on Tuesday at the busiest time. I had a crazy work day yesterday so I didn’t go.

I mentioned it to my wife and she said college and the local schools are out on spring break (college town).
I think there has to be something to it though. I get it. I think most of the people that aren’t really into it are just looking for a reason to skip it anyway.

Reactions: Stratavos
D

deleted15807

Attendance is down and I don't mind so much. My gym announced a string of existing and new cleaning processes. Basically every business has to address the virus for its employees and customers.