Drop In Gym Attendance Due To Coronavirus

Stratavos

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
the chain I go to here in Ontario is "closed" due to viral scare. (pretty much all of them are though). time to clear some wall space and do upside down body weight exercises :s

I've got a physical job which is only getting more hours from the pandemic (gotta have the products on the shelves right?) so I shouldn't lose much during this time... aside from sanity.

Reactions: Sherwood D. Likelym

Diver

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Gyms are all shut down here too. Time to get resistance bands and check online to see who is selling some dumbbells

Stratavos

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Anyone in gym withdrawal yet? My Y is a very social place. Only a few days away, and I can't wait to go back! Only 2.5 weeks to go.

My main withdraw from it is endorphins, and that the physical activity is a kind of mental release from my normal life. part of why I went so often. (3 to 4 times a week ideally) It was even the thing I was looking forward to doing on many days.

My main withdraw from it is endorphins, and that the physical activity is a kind of mental release from my normal life. part of why I went so often. (3 to 4 times a week ideally) It was even the thing I was looking forward to doing on many days.

Definitely. Exercising regularly keeps my blood sugar stable, arthritis in check, back pain in check, sleep in check, mood in check, weight in check, stress in check, and of course there's the social aspect which has kept me a member at my Y for almost a decade now. I also work out 3-4 times per week.

Last edited by a moderator:

51arledge

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Definitely. Exercising regularly keeps my blood sugar stable, arthritis in check, back pain in check, sleep in check, mood in check, weight in check, stress in check, and of course there's the social aspect which has kept me a member at my Y for almost a decade now. I also work out 3-4 times per week.

THIS is all why I go to the gym.
My gym was at regular attendance 1 week ago, but by last Friday it was down to 10% of normal. When I went Monday night to do my yoga workout it was practically empty, and it's a big busy gym normally.
I got notice this morning that they are closed for the foreseeable future.☹️

Reactions: Beardon and AG08

THIS is all why I go to the gym.
My gym was at regular attendance 1 week ago, but by last Friday it was down to 10% of normal. When I went Monday night to do my yoga workout it was practically empty, and it's a big busy gym normally.
I got notice this morning that they are closed for the foreseeable future.☹️

Sorry to hear that man. Is there anything you can do until it reopens? I just used my treadmill in the basement for the first time in years. I forgot how good a piece of equipment it is. I had a pretty decent workout for 35 minutes. It’s not as good as the gym, but not bad either. I’m feeling much more relaxed now. I hope you can find a reasonable substitute.

moveinreverse

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
For anyone who needs an at home workout for the time being, here’s one to consider.

S = Sets, R = Reps

Circuit 1, 4S: Bodyweight squats (30R) > Stationery Lunges (15R each leg) > Ab Bicycles (20R each leg)

Circuit 2, 4S: Hamstring Curl Sliders (15R) > Walking Lunges (10R each side, add weight if possible) > Plank (1 minute)

Circuit 3, 4S: Single Leg Glute Bridge Hold (10R) > Bodyweight Reverse Lunges (15R each side) > Dead Bug (10R each side)

That’s day 1 (legs/abs). If anyone wants the next 2 days I’m happy to put up them up.

51arledge

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Sorry to hear that man. Is there anything you can do until it reopens? I just used my treadmill in the basement for the first time in years. I forgot how good a piece of equipment it is. I had a pretty decent workout for 35 minutes. It’s not as good as the gym, but not bad either. I’m feeling much more relaxed now. I hope you can find a reasonable substitute.

Well, in our small but expensive mid-century house in the DC burbs there is no basement, so no home treadmill or gym.
But because I'm still managing 4 construction sites there are always stairs, ladders and scaffolding to climb, things to squat for pickup up and moving, things to deadlift, other things to lift overhead. And I do have room to spread out my yoga mat, and I know hundreds of poses by now. And there are always pushups, handstands, an wheels, stretch bands, a few DBs. ...
I will stay busy and in shape!

nudebodybuilder

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Anyone else notice number of people in the gym drop in the last two weeks. I am estimating about 15-20 percent drop in the two gyms I workout at.

So, I am guessing people want to avoid coronavirus. Gyms can be easy places to catch colds because of two reasons:

1. People touching all the weights and equipment
2. Gym staff are not cleaning good enough

Any other input?

All the Gyms in town are close. When the news came out about CV-19, it slowly started to thin out, now, everything is close.

Gym is closed so I am doing lower intensity boodyweight and band exercises at home nude. Don't know which will be the greater adjustment when the gym reopens, more intense workouts or wearing clothes to exercise!

aldawg

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I'm a member at our local Y, and they have stopped all group classes, closed the swimming pool, whirlpool, sauna, and steam room. You can use the locker room to change and then use the weight room and that is it until further notice. Attendance is probably down 70% or more.