Drop In Gym Attendance Due To Coronavirus

longstroke7

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
For many businesses the business model will cease to work with social distancing rules. Expect many many to vanish. Until a vaccine is found to be safe, effective and readily available to all we will not return to normal for quite a while.

Yes. It sucks but things will not be normal for awhile. Some every day mundane things are now dangerous.

Reactions: Gj816

MrAnonymousGuy

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
When I think about how the gym was prior to shut down, it was ripe for germ spreading. You can clean equipment all day it won't matter because droplets are all over the place especially when you factor in the gym's ventilation system spreading stuff around. No thanks
And honestly, the people i've seen going back to the gym they were the ones who were showing off their home workouts. Like if it ain't broke and y'all seem to get by with working out at home, why go back so soon. smh

fcviewer

Admired Member
Media
Gym opened today! It was GLORIOUS to be back. Wasn't as busy but I also went earlier in the day. Just great to be back!

Can you tell us a little about what was different? Are they limiting the number of members in? Are people cleaning before and after they use equipment? Were the locker rooms and showers open for use?

Plasticroad1

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Showers, Locker Rooms, Drinking fountains closed. Some machines were moved. Every other treadmill, exercise bike, and elliptical is closed off. Ropes were taken out. No fans. Classes start next week or the week after with limited spaces. Seated area closed. If you want to buy a drink, someone on staff has to get it for you. No cash being taken. Door propped open. You can only bring a water and towel. No gym bags or changing. Lots of cleaning stations but it can get a little much to clean every weight you touch. Masks are not required (and not healthy for working out anyways) but allowed and encouraged. I saw two older people wearing masks.

Reactions: Anguia10

ricd250584

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Showers, Locker Rooms, Drinking fountains closed. Some machines were moved. Every other treadmill, exercise bike, and elliptical is closed off. Ropes were taken out. No fans. Classes start next week or the week after with limited spaces. Seated area closed. If you want to buy a drink, someone on staff has to get it for you. No cash being taken. Door propped open. You can only bring a water and towel. No gym bags or changing. Lots of cleaning stations but it can get a little much to clean every weight you touch. Masks are not required (and not healthy for working out anyways) but allowed and encouraged. I saw two older people wearing masks.

With all the rules, and things closed and conditions, is it even worth going back, should I just invest in a home gym and train at home

Reactions: Richard M S

Plasticroad1

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
With all the rules, and things closed and conditions, is it even worth going back, should I just invest in a home gym and train at home

I'm getting some great workouts! There are less people there and I don't wear a mask. Most of the people working out realize that a gym is usually not the cleanest place anyways. Very few people are anal about it. It's really just the staff trying to protect themselves from the gov't overstepping their bounds and coming in to close them down or cite them or whatever. Everyone is really cool about everything.

Reactions: ricd250584

Finally my gym has open!!!!! Felt so good the last 3 days!!! Hope everyone else has had theirs open back up or will soon!
Looking forward to having access to the equipment and camradarie. Since I have been doing less intense workouts at home for hte last 2 1/2 month, always shirtless and often nude, exercising dressed will feel odd.

Reactions: bothhands

Finally my gym has open!!!!! Felt so good the last 3 days!!! Hope everyone else has had theirs open back up or will soon!

I'm so envious of you. The government has extended the state of emergency where I live until at least the end of June. Sigh...I've almost given up hope. I have gotten to the point that I have pretty much stopped exercising all together because I hate working out at home so much. :( If the state of emergency continues much longer, most independent gyms will be out of business completely. People here are getting very impatient because they are losing everything. Once these gyms (and other businesses) shutter for good, people who work there won't have a job to return to. My fitness instructor is extremely nervous. He has been told by our gym to prepare to file for unemployment benefits. They just can't afford to keep paying staff with the gym being closed for the last 3 months. With the extension of the state of emergency for at least another month, it's now pretty much certain that he and his co-workers will be unemployed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cut9801

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay

My gym too! Yesterday i was back to training!

Many things now are different, but i love to train!

Reactions: bothhands

bothhands

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm so envious of you. The government has extended the state of emergency where I live until at least the end of June. Sigh...I've almost given up hope. I have gotten to the point that I have pretty much stopped exercising all together because I hate working out at home so much. :( If the state of emergency continues much longer, most independent gyms will be out of business completely. People here are getting very impatient because they are losing everything. Once these gyms (and other businesses) shutter for good, people who work there won't have a job to return to. My fitness instructor is extremely nervous. He has been told by our gym to prepare to file for unemployment benefits. They just can't afford to keep paying staff with the gym being closed for the last 3 months. With the extension of the state of emergency for at least another month, it's now pretty much certain that he and his co-workers will be unemployed.
Feel your pain Bro!!!! I was the same way, I made myself workout at home but hated every min. of it LOL... No for real I'm glad I had the stuff to workout at home but it's just isn't the same. Keep you head up Bro.

Reactions: AG08
A

AnthonyAdkins

My place is opening the outside bit for PT sessions, so been getting back into it. Told my PT I’m Bi, cos realised it had never gone up so it was nice being able to be open like that

I swear once that place opens full time again I’m going all in, gonna try to get in proper decent shape this time