Drug war

S

superbot

Now that reminds me of the argument amongst certain politicians that since children whose parents are married are more likely to get brought up well, people should be paid to get married. Duh? The proper interpretation is people get married because they are already in a strong lasting relationship. This also happens to be good for bringing up kids but is absolutely nothing to do with having a piece of paper. I remember reading a study 30 years ago that discussed the usefulness of cannabis as an antidepressant. Duh? people with mental illnesses are likely to seek treatment anywhere they can.

well yes, of course it is. On the other hand if all the anti-drug laws were cancelled tomorrow, then it wouldnt be. Thats what drug laws do, turn happy citizens into criminals. If the law makes you an outcast just for harmlessly getting on with life, well so be it....
So what are you suggesting that we de-criminalize drug abuse and let people kill themselves with,amongst other things, horse tranquilizers and crystalmeth just that that the poor luvs aren't stigmatized by a criminal record?! Why do you think that the Netherlands are even now reversing all their liberal drug laws,BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T WORK?!!!! As for using cannabis as ANY sort of treatment for mental illness you are SO wrong.Cannabis is without doubt one of the most sinister 'soft' drugs that's around, and its very real psycotic effects should never be underestimated! But then again nearly all druggies are diluded denialists!!

dandelion

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
So what are you suggesting that we de-criminalize drug abuse and let people kill themselves with,amongst other things, horse tranquilizers and crystalmeth just that that the poor luvs aren't stigmatized by a criminal record?!

No, because in a free society people should be allowed to choose what they want to do. That is what being free means.

Why do you think that the Netherlands are even now reversing all their liberal drug laws,BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T WORK?!!!!
No, because of all the refugees from other countries round the world which have stupid laws.

As for using cannabis as ANY sort of treatment for mental illness you are SO wrong.Cannabis is without doubt one of the most sinister 'soft' drugs that's around, and its very real psycotic effects should never be underestimated!
Lucky for us then that most of the really bad drugs are given to people by doctors for their health. Did you notice the recent fuss that cannabis needed to be banned now whereas it used to be safe, bcause of new varieties which are more dangerous? In most circumstances this would call for clear labelling of a product so that consumers would know what they were buying. The state abrogates its responsibility to protect citizens when it refuses to properly regulate the supply of something potentially dangerous.

S

superbot

No, because in a free society people should be allowed to choose what they want to do. That is what being free means.

No, because of all the refugees from other countries round the world which have stupid laws.

Lucky for us then that most of the really bad drugs are given to people by doctors for their health. Did you notice the recent fuss that cannabis needed to be banned now whereas it used to be safe, bcause of new varieties which are more dangerous? In most circumstances this would call for clear labelling of a product so that consumers would know what they were buying. The state abrogates its responsibility to protect citizens when it refuses to properly regulate the supply of something potentially dangerous.
You do talk UTTER SHIT!!

Zeuhl34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Fine argument. Calling it utter shit and leaving it at that totally debunks anything he said! Except no, it doesn't.

It's superbot. What do you expect? I've engaged him in at least one thread about religion (probably more), and when presented with a non-religious stance on things, he just rails against the supposed ills of non-religion without providing any real argument against it. That's the entire reason I opted not to engage him in this thread, and it's similar to my reason for not engaging Trinity.

drumstyck

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's superbot. What do you expect? I've engaged him in at least one thread about religion (probably more), and when presented with a non-religious stance on things, he just rails against the supposed ills of non-religion without providing any real argument against it. That's the entire reason I opted not to engage him in this thread, and it's similar to my reason for not engaging Trinity.

i didnt know the reputation, so i apologize for asking him to elaborate :rolleyes:

i do, however, think its HILARIOUS that he chose George Michael as his example of a life ruined by drugs.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
For those idiots who defend drug taking let me ask you this.If it's so great to take drugs why do so many people spend so much time, effort and money trying to get off the damn things??!!

Because they abuse the drug and it impedes their ability to conduct themselves properly in everyday society.

With the exception of the occasional drink, I don't do drugs. But if someone else wants to do a bump, smoke a joint, snort a line or whatever, who am I to judge if they're responsible enough to handle their own vices?

justasimpleguy

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Umm yeah, superbot. Do you know anyone who actually does drugs in a casual, recreational way? Some of them really don't hurt anybody. Pot, for instance, is literally impossible to OD on. No matter how much, it will not kill you.
Pure drugs are usually not as bad as people think. It's all the crap that gets mixed in with them...because they're illegal.

S

superbot

I haven't the least idea what point you making cos it sounds way too pretensious to make ANY sense! What you need to do read up on the subject,talk to the expects and THEN form an opinion.Ask any professional about the effects of drug taking and you will get the same response and I have laid out myself,it's called FACT.Nothing of which I laid down in my threads was a personal opinion it's factual.You age I'm afraid represents your depth of knowledge.But if you want to take drugs go ahead and do so,no doubt you think you're being terribly 'edgy'!!!

S

superbot

Umm yeah, superbot. Do you know anyone who actually does drugs in a casual, recreational way? Some of them really don't hurt anybody. Pot, for instance, is literally impossible to OD on. No matter how much, it will not kill you.
Pure drugs are usually not as bad as people think. It's all the crap that gets mixed in with them...because they're illegal.
Myth,pure myth.Pot can dramatically effect the way the the brain works,particually in relation brain function as well such things as paranoia and depression.That ,after all is the POINT of drugs,they target the brain.I'm afraid your lack of knowledge is not untypical of drug apologists! If you don't believe me,speak to someone in the frontline of drug rehabilitation and treatment.It's all there in black and white!!!!!!!!!!!! And believe it or not there is more to drug abuse than o.d-ing.

Last edited by a moderator:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Myth,pure myth.Pot can dramatically effect the way the the brain works,particually in relation brain function as well such things as paranoia and depression.

If abused...

That ,after all is the POINT of drugs,they target the brain.

So do you, yet we don't look to make you an illegal substance. :rolleyes:

I'm afraid your lack of knowledge is not untypical of drug apologists! If you don't believe me,speak to someone in the frontline of drug rehabilitation and treatment.

One of my best friends from Massachusetts runs a drug rehabilitation group.

Nobody is "apologizing" for drug users. However, I do see plenty of people who share my same sentiments on the subject matter. Live & let live. Any responsible adult knows the risks and the dangers. Everyone knows that water is important to a person's health. But drink too much and you risk Hyponatremia, and potentially death. How about we join your rabidly generic campaign and push for the banning of water? Like damn, it falls from the sky... :eek: :rolleyes:

And believe it or not there is more to drug abuse than o.d-ing.

Unfortunately, you don't know all of the differences. You have the mentality that suggests that anyone who does a drug is an abuser. Even if you smoke one joint every couple of months, according to your banter they're "screwing up their minds". Stop overreacting. Let responsible adults do what they like. Being that I'm not a drug user, I won't be the first person to suggest anyone do a bump of Ketamine or a hit of MDMA as a form of escapism. But if they decide to do so, then so be it.

S

superbot

If abused...

So do you, yet we don't look to make you an illegal substance. :rolleyes:

One of my best friends from Massachusetts runs a drug rehabilitation group.

Nobody is "apologizing" for drug users. However, I do see plenty of people who share my same sentiments on the subject matter. Live & let live. Any responsible adult knows the risks and the dangers. Everyone knows that water is important to a person's health. But drink too much and you risk Hyponatremia, and potentially death. How about we join your rabidly generic campaign and push for the banning of water? Like damn, it falls from the sky... :eek: :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, you don't know all of the differences. You have the mentality that suggests that anyone who does a drug is an abuser. Even if you smoke one joint every couple of months, according to your banter they're "screwing up their minds". Stop overreacting. Let responsible adults do what they like. Being that I'm not a drug user, I won't be the first person to suggest anyone do a bump of Ketamine or a hit of MDMA as a form of escapism. But if they decide to do so, then so be it.
Can I just say this.My boyfriend has worked as a drugs councellor for 17 years,9 of of which in a voluntary capacity.He is currently attached to one of the big London Hospitals,so I have a considerable knowledge on the the subject.If you want to trivilialize drug abuse thats up to you.Taking drugs is not or never should be a lifestyle choice,my boyfriends spends a large part of his de-bunking the crap that surrounds drugs taking esp among young people.You too would overreact if you saw some of the cases he has had to deal with,and yes from idiotic people such as yourself who clearly think it's some kind of joke to take drugs.People like you make me sick, and your water analagy could only have come from someone whose brains are clearly raddled with something?!!!!!

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Can I just say this.My boyfriend has worked as a drugs councellor for 17 years,9 of of which in a voluntary capacity.He is currently attached to one of the big London Hospitals,so I have a considerable knowledge on the the subject.

So, you sleep with one and my best friend since 19 is one as well.
You think you know more because your source of knowledge puts a dick up your ass on request? Let's not get it twisted here. :rolleyes:

If you want to trivilialize drug abuse thats up to you.

To trivialize would mean I would be making the issue surrounding drug use less important and I have not done such a thing. Allowing responsible people to live their lives the way they want to is not trivializing anything. That means, if they want to do drugs, knowing the warnings and the risks, and can do so in a matter that doesn't intervene with other people's way of life, then they should have that right to do so. Period.

Taking drugs is not or never should be a lifestyle choice

Oooooooooh... drug Nazi! :rolleyes:

my boyfriends spends a large part of his de-bunking the crap that surrounds drugs taking esp among young people.You too would overreact if you saw some of the cases he has had to deal with

I'm a nightclub DJ for almost 20 years who lived through the cocaine, extacy, acid, ketamine, GHB and meth crazes and not done a single one of them. I've seen just as many cases as your boyfriend, if not more. Your man only sees the ones that finally come to grips that they need help. I see that and THEN some.

and yes from idiotic people such as yourself who clearly think it's some kind of joke to take drugs.

*SIGH*... you people really don't know who you're talking to, do ya? Seriously bitch, fuck you. You're the one thinking you're the know-it-all since you sleep with a social worker. My boyfriend is a shrink and runs his own practice. Even with the stories he tells me, would I ever assume that I know more about Psychology than someone else? Gee, if we could all become experts on a subject with just a few stories and the occasional anal sex?

The whole "education through injection" routine doesn't work with me, Mary. Get another plan. Also, I haven't once joked about drug use on this thread. I just disagree with you about banning all drugs. You, nor your "man" are the authority on this subject matter.

People like you make me sick, and your water analagy could only have come from someone whose brains are clearly raddled with something?!!!!!

As I stated before, with the exception of the casual drink I do not do drugs. At all. Somehow you missed that, but it doesn't surprise me.

People like YOU are the sick ones. You come running into threads with this bullshit mentality of pseudo-moralism, telling people how you think they should live their lives. Who made you the status quo? When did you wake up and think that you knew how every person should be conducting their everyday life? Only a socially ignorant son of a bitch like yourself would EVER come on a penis site and preach this banter. If someone wants to do drugs and is responsible enough to do so without causing harm to others, that's none of your fuckin' business. And it's not in your place or jurisdiction to suggest or even demand that they stop. What part of "live & let live" do you not understand, idiot?

Pick your words carefully around me. I pay attention to context and I can tell when someone actually has something to say of real value, and when people are just spouting off just to look authoritarian when they don't know a fuckin' thing. The drug war is pathetic. We will do more to end the problem of drug abuse with education, not prohibition. Give everyone the proper knowledge to make their own decisions. Give them help when they need it.

The other alternative is to have morons like you screaming "DRUGS ARE BAD!", while shaming people who do them in the process... including people like me who don't even do illegal drugs but respect a person's right to do what they will to their own bodies. Luckily, it's your boyfriend who is working with the drug addicts and not you! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Zeuhl34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Can I just say this.My boyfriend has worked as a drugs councellor for 17 years,9 of of which in a voluntary capacity.He is currently attached to one of the big London Hospitals,so I have a considerable knowledge on the the subject.If you want to trivilialize drug abuse thats up to you.Taking drugs is not or never should be a lifestyle choice,my boyfriends spends a large part of his de-bunking the crap that surrounds drugs taking esp among young people.You too would overreact if you saw some of the cases he has had to deal with,and yes from idiotic people such as yourself who clearly think it's some kind of joke to take drugs.People like you make me sick, and your water analagy could only have come from someone whose brains are clearly raddled with something?!!!!!

As in anything which requires moderation, there are going to be some cases where people do not show it and subsequently become addicted. The same argument could be made by certain people for alcohol. Just because your boyfriend developed a serious addiction does not mean everyone who consumes them will; it will be mostly those who do not express moderation and those with a natural predisposition toward addiction.

I don't even know why I'm replying to you.

S

superbot

So, you sleep with one and my best friend since 19 is one as well.
You think you know more because your source of knowledge puts a dick up your ass on request? Let's not get it twisted here. :rolleyes:

To trivialize would mean I would be making the issue surrounding drug use less important and I have not done such a thing. Allowing responsible people to live their lives the way they want to is not trivializing anything. That means, if they want to do drugs, knowing the warnings and the risks, and can do so in a matter that doesn't intervene with other people's way of life, then they should have that right to do so. Period.

Oooooooooh... drug Nazi! :rolleyes:

I'm a nightclub DJ for almost 20 years who lived through the cocaine, extacy, acid, ketamine, GHB and meth crazes and not done a single one of them. I've seen just as many cases as your boyfriend, if not more. Your man only sees the ones that finally come to grips that they need help. I see that and THEN some.

*SIGH*... you people really don't know who you're talking to, do ya? Seriously bitch, fuck you. You're the one thinking you're the know-it-all since you sleep with a social worker. My boyfriend is a shrink and runs his own practice. Even with the stories he tells me, would I ever assume that I know more about Psychology than someone else? Gee, if we could all become experts on a subject with just a few stories and the occasional anal sex?

The whole "education through injection" routine doesn't work with me, Mary. Get another plan. Also, I haven't once joked about drug use on this thread. I just disagree with you about banning all drugs. You, nor your "man" are the authority on this subject matter.

As I stated before, with the exception of the casual drink I do not do drugs. At all. Somehow you missed that, but it doesn't surprise me.

People like YOU are the sick ones. You come running into threads with this bullshit mentality of pseudo-moralism, telling people how you think they should live their lives. Who made you the status quo? When did you wake up and think that you knew how every person should be conducting their everyday life? Only a socially ignorant son of a bitch like yourself would EVER come on a penis site and preach this banter. If someone wants to do drugs and is responsible enough to do so without causing harm to others, that's none of your fuckin' business. And it's not in your place or jurisdiction to suggest or even demand that they stop. What part of "live & let live" do you not understand, idiot?

Pick your words carefully around me. I pay attention to context and I can tell when someone actually has something to say of real value, and when people are just spouting off just to look authoritarian when they don't know a fuckin' thing. The drug war is pathetic. We will do more to end the problem of drug abuse with education, not prohibition. Give everyone the proper knowledge to make their own decisions. Give them help when they need it.

The other alternative is to have morons like you screaming "DRUGS ARE BAD!", while shaming people who do them in the process... including people like me who don't even do illegal drugs but respect a person's right to do what they will to their own bodies. Luckily, it's your boyfriend who is working with the drug addicts and not you! :rolleyes:
Showed my boyfriend your threads,shook his head said "...depressing!" and ..."hardly surprising,Americans love affair with drugs is limitless"!!

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Showed my boyfriend your threads,shook his head said "...depressing!" and ..."hardly surprising,Americans love affair with drugs is limitless"!!

This is not an American thing, stupid. This is about being a human and that is not domineered by any one Nationality. And sadly, I already know you're bullshitting about "showing this to your boyfriend". Because if he actually is a professional (or non-fictional in your case) and could read, he would see that all the things I stated are not off the mark. You think people started forum chats yesterday? You don't think a nerd like me wouldn't know all the games by now? Please...

But thanks for showing us you blind, bigoted side, superbutt. Anything else you'd like to share with the class? :rolleyes:

Pendlum

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
If our love affair is limitless, how come your boyfriend still has a job there if you are so much better?

Anyway use != abuse despite what you may think. Just because someone can abuse something isn't a reason to ban it. I could drive a car into a class full of kindergartners, that doesn't mean nobody should have a car. I know a lot of people who do various drugs, and have no abuse problems. They are fully functional, and if they think they have a problem they stop. Just like when I see that class of kindergartners I stop my car.

dandelion

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Myth,pure myth.Pot can dramatically effect the way the the brain works,particually in relation brain function as well such things as paranoia and depression.That ,after all is the POINT of drugs,they target the brain.I'm afraid your lack of knowledge is not untypical of drug apologists! If you don't believe me,speak to someone in the frontline of drug rehabilitation and treatment.It's all there in black and white!!!!!!!!!!!! And believe it or not there is more to drug abuse than o.d-ing.

Well if it is all there in black and white, I havn't seen it. I have seen a lot of propaganda which on consideration makes no sense. The worst effects on users of drugs are normally from law enforcement authorities. I don't quite know where you categorise soldiers killed burning poppy fields? Those robbed to finance purchase of intrinsically very cheap illegal drugs. They too are victims of the criminalisation of drugs. Drug cartels financing terrorists? I'm not sure if this is true, but I have certainly heard it claimed that terrorists get their money from selling drugs. They can only do this because there exists a black market created by governments defying the will of its own people.

I dont know which country you are in, but here in the Uk we have just had a right set-too because the governments own advisory committee recommended downgrading of the penalties on certain drugs and the government refused to accept their advice. Tried to prevent its advisors speaking publicly. The government had persistently ignored their advice and they had had enough of it. The lesson is that informed expert advice believes that the legal sanctions against drugs are inappropriate and counter productive. Yet the government chose to ignore scientific advice without explaining why. I can only think it believed accepting the advice would be unpopular amongst certain voters who are not as well informed as its scientists.

I have always thought there is a fundamental divide between those that think people should be allowed to do what they want so long as it doesnt harm anyone else, and those that believe they know better than all the rest and have the right to boss the rest about. There seems to be a belief by some people that it is immoral to have fun and somehow this has crept into the debate.

It is no coincidence that many laws against drug use were introduced in times of war, because the government sought to make citizens spend less time with their drugs and more on war production. Yet those governments were quite free with drugs to help their soldiers perform better. The aftermath of dysfunctional, injured and scarred people created by those wars went a long way to swelling the ranks of the addicted. Government starts a war, creates a lot of addicts and then blames it on the dugs? I find it amusing that once there was a government subsidy in the UK for growing opium, and didnt the American founding fathers like a smoke? Funny how things have changed from the society they sought to create.

justasimpleguy

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'll say it again. There are several drugs that will not fuck you up, like pot. There are several others that make your teeth fall out, like crystal meth. You can freak out and put everyone who uses "drugs" in the same boat, or take a more reasonable approach.

Personally, I think the war on drugs has been a disaster. Waste of money, lost lives, no results. We need comprehensive education, treatment and rehabilitation programs, not more prisons.