Dry Cleaner Embarassments

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by Principessa, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Principessa

Gold Member

This thread was born of a comment Nudeyorker made in a different thread.

I so miss my dry cleaner in NJ! :frown1: He was a former stoner/hippy/biker and an honest to God, Deadhead. He was my dry cleaner from birth to 40. I would try new places in town, if I had a coupon, or when I moved out of state, but I always went back to Rudy, he was the best. :cool:

Most of his business was made up of white shirts and black suits from the Orthodox Jews, next door in Lakewood, NJ. But I like to think he lived for the days I came in with my 'stains'. It was not unusual for me to stroll in and have him empty the pockets of my coats and jackets to find thigh-hi hose, garter belts, condom wrappers (some empty) and of course soiled tissue. :rofl: :naughty:

I shan't forget the day he literally bowed down to my greatness :notworthy: it was the morning I stumbled into his shop, Wawa coffee in hand, to present what had once been a truly lovely, lt. aqua blue, bridesmaids gown, of silk crepe de chine, with satin cap sleeves. I wasn't hungover. :no: I think I was still drunk. :frown1: I was sweating vodka and kamikaze shots. Rudy asked me what was on it as he took a sniff of a slightly crusty stain. I squinted through my Ray-Bans and said, "Marine, brother of the bride." He dropped the gown on the counter and put a sticker with an arrow on it. This went on for about 10 minutes and when we were done chatting my bridesmaid gown looked like a cartoon, what with all the little black arrow stickers pointing at stains that needed extra attention. :tongue: There were of course sweaty pit stains, :redface: various alcoholic drink stains, orange juice, blood:not mine, (one of the bridesmaids got a nosebleed in the limo), parking lot dirt on the hem of the train, marinara, cannolli cream (it was after all an Italian wedding), and grease from the door of that Marines pickup truck. :biggrin1:

Rudy was a master at stain removal. He called me later that day to ask if the orange juice stain was straight up or mixed with something else. I told him I thought it was mixed with gin as that was the fave drink of one of the other girls. He said "DAMN!" Apparently gin sets stains more so than other clear alcoholic beverages. To his credit, 4 days later I picked up the gown and it was as pristine as the day I had purchased it. :cool:

Go ahead, spill your guts. I know Nudeyorker and I aren't the only ones who may have been embarrassed at the dry cleaners before.

2. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I have three really good dry cleaning stories to tell. One of them involved, blood, mud and vomit, and the other involved me being photographed with Liz Smith and Christie Brinkley in WWD and People! And the last one was seeing the most incredibly beautiful clothing ever made in our lifetime in the back room of the cleaners. I have to go to bed, I'll write the three short tombs tomorrow.

3. DaveyR

DaveyR Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

I once shagged a dry cleaner but he was rather wet at the time :smile::redface:

4. Gillette

Gold Member

Albums:
    This falls under relationships?

5. Principessa

Gold Member

Well it damn sure ain't politics. :irked:

My longest, most satisfying, and most successful relationship thus far has been with my dry cleaner, Rudy. Hence my posting this thread under relationships.

6. mplsingleguy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    i've had a pair of black briefs or a jockstrap end up in the top of my laundry bag before... my dry cleaner will just toss them back at me and smile while he's counting the shirts he'll be cleaning...

7. Gillette

Gold Member

Albums:
    Jeez, all it takes is a coupon for you to cheat? Great relationship.

Clothing....Appearance Issues...

Just sayin'.

8. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

I think this could potentially come (no pun intended) under discrimination and / or jealousy :wink:

9. Northland

Gold Member

Two things-possibly more.

I have never had gin leave a long lasting stain. Chocolate ice cream on the white undershorts (always lands around the crotch), now that, that, I repeat- THAT- is a staining nightmare.

As to dry cleaner embarassments, there are none. I wear cheap machine washable clothes in general, am well behaved when wearing my tux or a suit-yes, I actually own a suit-or my blue taffeta (oh get real, like I'd be caught dead in blue taffeta-mauve perhaps; but never blue). Nor do my overcoats or other quality garments ever land themselves with disgusting stains. A gentleman knows how to keep those things from happening- attend only all nude festivities.

Draft saved Draft deleted