Dry Jelqing

Ineedauser

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I do dry jelqs because they're much easier to hide and a lot less to worry about.

Are these less effective in anyones opinion?

Another thing... I tend to be less then 50% erect when doing my jelqs. I heard that this is better for this. Can anyone vouch for this?

I also heard... that I should do about half of my time starting from the base, then the other half starting from just below mid-shaft.

basque9

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
What do you mean by much easier to hide? What are you hiding and who are you hiding it from? I think the long jelque stroke is just as effective as the two shorter ones you mention. Dry jelquing is more likely to tear skin and rupture blood vessels, in my experience. Semi erection is perfect! When I do get an erection, I just whack it off and "kill two birds with one stone"!

Reactions: Allan S.

Yeah, wet jelqing is more effective as it allows greater pressure and keeps your skin from chaffing. I suggest staying with it. At this stage of the game don't get creative and don't jump the gun. Stick with the routine as outlined. No more, no less. Once the newbie period is over then you can start the more advanced stuff.

Guys have lost feeling in their penis or the ability to get erect because they ignored the rules. Don't be one of them. This is a marathon, not a sprint. Pace yourself.

Ineedauser

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I mean hide evidence of what i'm actually doing.

And 2nd... why is Dry Jelqing so difficult? Don't squeeze to hard and don't let the skin slide?

Wet jelqing requires cleaning up and a lot of it. That's my only issue.

I am also following the newbie routine. I haven't strayed away from it. It says Jelq. Doesn't specifiy what.

OK. Can you get some water-based lube? Clean-up is much easier with KY. Just wash your dick in the sink.

Dry is difficult because it can really irritate the delicate skin of the penis, particularly if you squeeze too deeply. You want to let the skin just travel where it will. Focus on the chambers beneath the skin.

Glad to hear you're not straying. Guys do dry jelq but the more reps you do as you increase your routine then the more chance of irritation and tearing you risk.

Hemicudap

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Wet works a whole lot better. And like some of the other guys have said, you have to be careful how you do it, you really can damage yourself.

Ineedauser

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
OK. Can you get some water-based lube? Clean-up is much easier with KY. Just wash your dick in the sink.

Dry is difficult because it can really irritate the delicate skin of the penis, particularly if you squeeze too deeply. You want to let the skin just travel where it will. Focus on the chambers beneath the skin.

Glad to hear you're not straying. Guys do dry jelq but the more reps you do as you increase your routine then the more chance of irritation and tearing you risk.
So you're saying use KY? That's your preference for wet jelqing lube? The only difference now is that instead of NOT sliding my hand... I slide it?

seahorses

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Forget about skin and sliding for a moment. The object of the exercise is to trap blood from the erection, or semi, somewhere near the base of your cock with a restricting ‘ok’ grip and force it towards the head, causing the chambers to expand. The movement should take about 2 –3 seconds and on completion is repeated. With wet jelquing this is done with the opposite hand, already in situ, as the first stroke, sliding along the shaft, draws to an end. During the cycle, if done properly, some trapped blood should escape, but fresh blood is captured by the hand performing the following stroke, maintaining the status quo. This differs from dry jelqing which is done one handed and the grip is relaxed slightly between strokes, allowing fresh blood to be captured. However, the hand doesn’t stray from the point of contact. Consequently, there is no need of lube with dry jelqing. Which you chose to do is a matter of convenience, but wet jelqing is considered to be more effective?

Monster76

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
dry jelqing works for me.
When I first started I did the whole wet jelg process. after a while it got to be quite a drag because I was running out of time to get any good work in.

So here is my new routine - get out a pen and paper, take notes.

I do this all in the shower. first I do a little warm up, just light stretching, then I do 50 dry jelgs, quick ones, with my right hand milking down

then 50 milking up with the other. on every 10th jelg i pump my pc, to get more blood flow going.

then take a small rest, wash my hair or what ever, then do another 100 the same way i did before.

now after that I clamp. in the shower and here is ow i do it. get a clamp (see www.thundersplace.com for info)

what i did was take and old wetsuit or knee brace or any thing like that and cut a piece to glue in the inside of the clamp...then wait till it drys (i know your excited) but wait till it drys and clamp it on.

see my pics, i have no sock wraped around my cock, its like its on the skin...but its not, the neoprene is making it so my dick wont get pinched,its not a big process.
just strap it on - its waterproof and its easy.

Clamping along with quick jelgs works for me.
I only do the clamping 2 - 3 times a week, if that, 2 days on 1 day off.
Good Luck
Hope that helps