Dry Orgasm

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by Catharsis, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Catharsis

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I -think- I might have had a dry orgasm, tonight.

During my orgasm, at first I wasn't ejaculating at all but then as I started playing with my dick some semen started coming up... But very little, I mean VERY little. Maybe a drop or two. Still, I'm not sure if it counts as a dry orgasm, any more!

Anyway, it was very weird. And almost surreal. I was rather fascinated, but now I'm a bit worried... Like, was there a reason for this happening? Or does it just happen?

2. The_Young_One

Gold Member

Albums:
    I had a few myself. give yourself a day break and you will be shooting your load like normal

3. D_Terry_Tugnuts

D_Terry_Tugnuts Account Disabled

It does just happen... did you masturbate as normal or 'ease up' when you felt yourself cumming? I often dry cum on purpose during a fuck; if I think I'm likely to cum sooner than I or my partner would want. After a few seconds rest, I'm de-sensitised and continue fucking.

4. matelalique

matelalique Active Member

My experiences with separation of orgasm and ejaculation began when I was adjusting doses of SSRIs for depression (Zoloft and Paxil), and adjusting stimulants for ADHD (Adderal, Vyvanse and Strattera). It should come as no surprise that when you try to affect neural chemistry and reactions, that you affect orgasms and ejaculation, both of which rely on neural chemistry and reactions.

My experience with the SSRIs in particular, is that the ability to reach orgasm and ejaculation is *greatly* diminished. Sometimes when I could come in some form, I could shoot, but would feel nothing, and if I went on, I might be able to feel a little without any further shot.

Body chemistry is odd, poorly understood (particularly by medical doctors who require virtually no chemical education), and unique to individuals. Ejaculation and orgasm are two different phenomena, and if you're placing your body under stress (particularly a chemical stress), then you might notice them separate.

Your body may be sending you a message that whatever you are doing to it is not right for it. I wouldn't be too concerned about a one off. If it is a medication issue, I've had better experiences with SNRIs, than SSRIs, and wellbutrin is a very very good drug for lower level depression.

5. Over-reaching

Over-reaching Active Member

Yes, my first thought was, are you on any medication? In particular, ntidepressants of the SSRI class (selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitors) quite often cause problems with achieving orgasm and ejaculation, and may cause the two to become separated. Some other medications can have the same effect sometimes.

Draft saved Draft deleted