dry penis

wongdongy: I have no idea why, but starting last night my penis was very dry on the underside and even the head had some dry skin. I rubbed the excess dead skin off and underneath it was pretty red. I am really worried because my girlfriend will probably freak out, but I know for a fact its not an std.

I am uncircumsized, but I still sometimes like to use lube for masturbation. I normally use baby oil, but a couple days ago I tried a vaseline moisturizing creme. I heard vaseline was oil based and thus bad for lubricant, but this wasnt regular vaseline so I tried it. Could this have been the cause? Also, what should I do to get rid of the dryness? moisturizer?

Donk: Yes, moisturizer is what you need. But you obviously need to try a different brand. Maybe you are allergic to the Vaseline lotion and have developed a rash from it. I believe it's what doctors call "contact dermatitis."

Thumper_10x7_CA: Your dry skin could also be just because you had dry skin. Don't forget the skin on your dick is the same as it is on, say, your elbows or hands. It's just more sensitive and not calloused (I hope lol) Sometimes the top layer dries out and flakes off.
It's happened to me on dry days or if it's rubbed more then usual in my pants or by stroking it without lube.
It's nothing to worry about.

natureisreal: I agree with Jonb never use soap on youre dick. With a lot of water you can rinse it clean. It can take a few days before the red skin will disapear. By the way how rough were you while you were masturbating? That may also be the cause.