1. metalhd104

metalhd104 Member

Albums:
    Seem to have ran into one. Last two relationships were not good to me. Any words of encouragement or advice?

2. D_Petherick_Poundlouder

3. crescendo69

Gold Member

Look at others less fortunate than yourself; like me.

4. double_digit

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Beer - a little to just make your ears feel warm and fuzzy in a *SOCIAL* environment. Keep playing out there on the field and walk it off. So what, it wasn't a good match the last two times? Walk it off and keep smiling. Last thing you need to do is shut in on yourself. If nasty emotional wounds are there - were any of them *absolutely* brought on by exposed truth? If not, faggeddabouddit. If true? Well,reflect...glean, learn - adapt and change. Not going to do or yourself any good moping. Seriously.

Not so serious? Um...

I do not navigate emotional minefields too well blind. I need a moral compass, plugger unit and a map of the field! Details, details - all that you care to share. ;>

5. Corius

Corius New Member

Seriously, none of this is rocket science. Folks have been getting together for sexual pleasure for thousands of years. I suspect it happened way back then in ways that still work today.

Each of us needs others to be a complete person. Fantastic sex is as much giving as it is getting. And, the best can never be forced; even our laws prohibit the extremes; it takes "consenting adults"

The "giving" starts with the simple acts of friendship. Friends do have a way of becoming more than just friends and that is how and when sex becomes possible and likely between two persons who have bonded in friendship and love. Notice there is no hint of seduction. Nobody is using another person What happens is that two persons give and in the giving receive. It is sweet communion and confirms the bond that already exists between two people.

Yes, love is the key. And love here is defined as a settled disposition to seek the good of the other for the sake of the other rather than one's own. The beauty and the wonder of it all is that in the process the giver also is the receiver. Some would talk about it being a 50/50 proposition. I prefer to think of it a commitment in which two persons give to their relationship their all and in the process find themselves enriched beyond their wildest expectations.

A simple question for the OP would be: were the relationships good for the other party? Think about it. Somewhere in the process you may be rewarded with some insights for the future.

6. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    My sex drive goes through long arches of peaks and valleys. Usually the warmer weather sparks it back up, but that hasn't been the case this year, for whatever reason. But there's little correlation between my sex drive and my interest in forming relationships.

To me, sex is always about the sex: period. Relationships are about having a sense of security and a willingness to commit and compromise.

7. concupisys

concupisys Active Member

the absolute wrong thing that a single person can do is pine for a significant other to 'complete' them..... aside from its obvious pathetic-ness, it shows weakness on your part to be a whole person on your own.... (which, by the way, many people find VERY sexy....)

my advice: embrace your single-dom, go out in the world with confidence and do (legal) scandalous things that bring you joy and broaden your horizons.... meet and socialize with people and make your social circle bigger and closer by doing things together.... who knows? you may find yourself courted by someone before you know it.... or... you know.... have a few jolly rolls in the hay....

:)

#7 concupisys, Jun 17, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
  8. magic7

magic7 New Member

don't worry about it and don't act like you want to hook up with anyone.

Draft saved Draft deleted