DTR for foreskin restoration

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm using TLC/Tugger, one of the "expensive Medieval torture devices" :rolleyes: many men use to reverse the damage of a bronze age blood ritual that shouldn't be done in the Third Millennium.

D_Iskepee_Longwoodee

Sexy Member
Media
Chico, how well does the TLC tugger hide under non-loose jeans? How secure is it? I've asked this elsewhere and had mixed opinions but nothing definite.

The DTR hides very well under tight or loose jeans. It is very comfortable to wear and I believe after analyzing all the restoration devices on the market, it is possibly the best one made. It is virtually indestructible and a joy to wear. I analyze everything before making a purchase, and this was the best choice after reviewing all the information I collected.

SyddyKitty

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Thanks! n_n I had the strongest view on that item when I searched for foreskin restration, but I kept asking people's opinions and they all swear by the TLC tugger (which looks cheap and bulky). Thankies for helping me in the thread in which you initially asked for help. x3 hehe

Reactions: oliverrevilo

D_Iskepee_Longwoodee

Sexy Member
Media
Thanks! n_n I had the strongest view on that item when I searched for foreskin restration, but I kept asking people's opinions and they all swear by the TLC tugger (which looks cheap and bulky). Thankies for helping me in the thread in which you initially asked for help. x3 hehe

No problem! I wear it for 5 - 6 hours per day and have been wearing it for a week and am already notcing my skin is much looser...Wildthunder is a great guy and easy to work with..also! It only took me 3 days after placing the order to receive the device too! He includes two or three day postal service in the price...which is great!

BlackSunshineAZ

Sexy Member
Media
I just purchased the TLC tugger and was impressed by the quality of it. I was expecting it to be made of cheap foam rubber when in fact it seems to be made of silicone. It's easy to use and came with two elastic straps (like suspenders) -- one black and one white.

I wore it today for most of the day while at work. It did come loose a couple of times but works better than wearing O-rings. It's pretty comfortable and I wore it under my boxers and under my loose-fitting jeans. I ran the suspender strap around my waist so it was totally unconspicuous, although I didn't tuck my shirt in just in case. The bulge was minimal.

The directions on the TLC Tugger website mentioned using the straps and tying them around your leg or shoulder and getting a good stretch, however I don't see how that's going to be easy to hide, especially if it comes loose.

I tried using the T-tape years ago but it was too much of a hassle and was too uncomfortable to wear at night because the erections were painful when it was applied. I've wore the TLC tugger while having and erection, and it stayed on and was a little tight, but it wasn't painful. I haven't tried wearing it to bed though as I sleep best on my stomach and that could be dangerous.

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Note about the silicone: According to the TLC website, TLC tuggers are made using RTV silicone; which is food-grade and latex-free.

MacBuddy01

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
it's funny how you guys all want your foreskin...I got circ when I was 19...I hated foreskin and still do...if you guys want some extra skin to play with...just use a ball strecher ...trust me...I have the best of both world...cut with extra skin to play and tug with but no foreskin. when I do get flaccid..I even get some skin over my head..and I just pull it back with a minor tug..

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
MacBuddy01, being slightly flippant: it's personal choice. You didn't like it so axed it. *Ooh that was rough.* Someone made the wrong choice for me and many others when we had no say in the matter and we have a difficult multi-year restoration to deal with.

Do us a favor a don't advocate "routine infant circumcision" and don't cut your kids should you have any. Let them choose for themselves, as you did.

fish tacos

Just Browsing
Media
Chance, I'm now using the DTR. Have had it a little more than one week. Overall, it's a good design, but you've got to be careful about applying excessive tension. It's amazing how well these things can hold. Most tricky is setting tension applied to the inner skin with the plunger. You can only go by feel. It's surprising how light even a couple pounds of tension can feel when you're fairly new to FR.

I've found the DTR well made, and worth its cost. Each is hand made. The knurled set screws can abrade your inner thigh if you move around a lot (happened to me on a long walk). A child-sized cotton sock slipped over the device solves that problem.

I am having pinching issues, but am not surprised. That's an old nemesis of mine from earlier FR experience. I just stop, remove, massage skin, reapply and get on with things. Total average daily wear is 9+ hours.

New to my arsenal today is the Cat II Q, which works on just the same principal. It's design is subtly different, so may prove more or less comfortable for me. Time will tell. Comfort is essential to long term safe wear, which is what gets new skin.

My first tapeless tugger was the TugAhoy, which became available several years ago. I was quite impressed at first, but was not able to solve pinching troubles and have abandoned the TA. Some tools which work great for one guy cannot be tolerated by another. It's just dumb luck, I suppose.

Nearly all of my prior FR time was spent in T-tapes. They are very comfortable when made with top quality medical tape, but otherwise are a hassle. T-tapes got me plenty of new skin during two years' tugging time, but I was constantly struggling with early tape failure due to perspiration. My skin also is temperamental when kept under tape for extended periods. So, I'm making a serious effort to work with tapeless devices to finish my FR. I'd absolutely hate to have to go back to tape.

I've spent a few bucks and lots of time at this since I believe that FR is very worthwhile. Some tangible benefits have already come my way, and I'm looking forward to getting the job done. Being cut is good enough for some guys, but I genuinely hate it. Working hard now on getting uncut.

Hang in there and keep close watch on what your body is telling you while tugging. Stop and check things out if you notice any discomfort. Lots of restorers use different methods during the course of their restorations, so don't hesitate to experiment a bit. You may find two or three things work well for you for different wear situations, or simply for a change of pace.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
it's funny how you guys all want your foreskin...I got circ when I was 19...I hated foreskin and still do...if you guys want some extra skin to play with...just use a ball strecher ...trust me...I have the best of both world...cut with extra skin to play and tug with but no foreskin. when I do get flaccid..I even get some skin over my head..and I just pull it back with a minor tug..
Same old swill. Want less dick? Try circumcision.

D_Iskepee_Longwoodee

Sexy Member
Media
Chance, I'm now using the DTR. Have had it a little more than one week. Overall, it's a good design, but you've got to be careful about applying excessive tension. It's amazing how well these things can hold. Most tricky is setting tension applied to the inner skin with the plunger. You can only go by feel. It's surprising how light even a couple pounds of tension can feel when you're fairly new to FR.

I've found the DTR well made, and worth its cost. Each is hand made. The knurled set screws can abrade your inner thigh if you move around a lot (happened to me on a long walk). A child-sized cotton sock slipped over the device solves that problem.

I am having pinching issues, but am not surprised. That's an old nemesis of mine from earlier FR experience. I just stop, remove, massage skin, reapply and get on with things. Total average daily wear is 9+ hours.

New to my arsenal today is the Cat II Q, which works on just the same principal. It's design is subtly different, so may prove more or less comfortable for me. Time will tell. Comfort is essential to long term safe wear, which is what gets new skin.

My first tapeless tugger was the TugAhoy, which became available several years ago. I was quite impressed at first, but was not able to solve pinching troubles and have abandoned the TA. Some tools which work great for one guy cannot be tolerated by another. It's just dumb luck, I suppose.

Nearly all of my prior FR time was spent in T-tapes. They are very comfortable when made with top quality medical tape, but otherwise are a hassle. T-tapes got me plenty of new skin during two years' tugging time, but I was constantly struggling with early tape failure due to perspiration. My skin also is temperamental when kept under tape for extended periods. So, I'm making a serious effort to work with tapeless devices to finish my FR. I'd absolutely hate to have to go back to tape.

I've spent a few bucks and lots of time at this since I believe that FR is very worthwhile. Some tangible benefits have already come my way, and I'm looking forward to getting the job done. Being cut is good enough for some guys, but I genuinely hate it. Working hard now on getting uncut.

Hang in there and keep close watch on what your body is telling you while tugging. Stop and check things out if you notice any discomfort. Lots of restorers use different methods during the course of their restorations, so don't hesitate to experiment a bit. You may find two or three things work well for you for different wear situations, or simply for a change of pace.

Do you think wearing the DTR for 9+ hours a day is healthy to growing new skin? I believe 5-6 hours everyday and 8 on the weekends is more conducive to growing a new "foreskin".

fish tacos

Just Browsing
Media
Do you think wearing the DTR for 9+ hours a day is healthy to growing new skin? I believe 5-6 hours everyday and 8 on the weekends is more conducive to growing a new "foreskin".

My prior experience at FR was that I did better with more or less constant tugging, including at night. That was easier with T-tapes due to the high comfort level--no pinching as tends to happen with tapeless tuggers. You will have to find your own best routine. There may be other factors in your life, besides how long you can comfortably wear your DTR, that influence your tugging schedule. I try to get in as many hours as I can, others are devoted part-timers who enjoy good growth. I guess I'm a hard gainer, but I also believe that skin growth is mostly a consequence of fairly constant, modest tension. That's how we get all that new skin if we allow ourselves to get obese. Again, though, just use your DTR in the manner most comfortable and convenient for you. You've got lots of time to evaluate results and make changes if you feel it necessary.

In a sense, each of us restorers is reinventing the wheel. There's no such thing as a large scale, clinically supervised, peer reviewed FR study to guide us. We've got to rely on as much anecdotal "evidence" as we can scrape up from boards like this or ones dedicated to FR. There's a wealth of experience out there, and what it shows is that guys have restored to completion doing part-time and 24/7, and using a wide variety of tugging implements. It's all good. The most important thing is sticking with it and using lots of common sense. The skin will grow. It's up to you to be patient.