DTR for foreskin restoration

SyddyKitty

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Thanks! n_n I had the strongest view on that item when I searched for foreskin restration, but I kept asking people's opinions and they all swear by the TLC tugger (which looks cheap and bulky). Thankies for helping me in the thread in which you initially asked for help. x3 hehe

Reactions: oliverrevilo

D_Iskepee_Longwoodee

Sexy Member
Media
Right now I'm not tugging at night since I can never get a truly pinch-free application of the DTR. So, that would make nights my off time.

I'm not sure of the idea of rest and recovery in FR. Most of this stuff comes from armchair speculation, nothing more. People are analogizing to weight training or something similar, but that's not what we're doing. Plastic surgeons insert and fill a saline bag under the skin to generate new skin for grafting. Once filled, the skin is under constant tension, which only gradually reduces as new skin grows. The bag is filled some more, so more tension, and the skin gradually grows in again. That's an around-the-clock process. But, as I noted earlier, lots of veteran restorers had success with part-time routines. Usually tugging during the day, resting at night. Sometimes they'd be off completely on weekends. The key really seems to be extended periods of sensible tension (in blocks of hours) that sets the process in motion to generate entirely new skin beyond normal replacement.

Just keep doing what you are doing now. If you can, take a photo of your normal flaccid state, then compare yourself to that in two, three, or four months' time. If you seem to be doing well, just stick with what works. On the other hand, if you think nothing much has happened, you could try to up your daily tugging hours for the next few months. There is experimentation to do during the initial months of FR to find what works well for you. I suggest keeping some simple notes about your tugging routine as you do it. That way you won't have to guess down the line about what exactly you've been doing if you want to modify your approach. I'm simply noting my approx. hours of tugging each day, time with the DTR alone (mostly inner tension from plunger), time with strap (tugging outer shaft skin & inner), and any manual stretching I might do before bed. My memory sucks, so I learned to keep notes to help me see what I actually am doing over longer periods.

You ought to do well at this, as it sounds as if you are having an easy time wearing your DTR. I just can't completely avoid pinching, and it virtually always happens on the same small area on one side. It probably has something to do with being right-handed and how I get the DTR on myself. So, I'll keep playing with it to see if I can find a work-around. I do make a note of pinching troubles as well in my log. Hopefully, all the information will be useful later on. I figure I'll be extremely lucky to be done in two years, even though I'm starting with plenty of skin. I've taken a starting photo to be filed away until around January or so for comparison then. It'd be great to see a significant difference.

I'm making some unbelievable progress...I'm already starting to stay covered and now have what appears to be extra skin behind my glans. I'm also maintaining...coverage for certain periods of time throughout the day and when I wake up in the morning. I am continuing to use the DTR at high tension for 6+ hours per day with 5 minutes off every 3 hours. I am leaving the DTR on for weekends at 8-9 hour intervals. I am extremely pleased with these results and cannot wait for 3 months to go by. I think in 3 months, I will be at stage 2 or 3. I know that sounds unreal, but I believe I am also benefiting from the other thinks I am taking for recovery and rebuilding that my herbologist gave to me. I also believe that because I keep constantly adjusting the DTR thoughout the day, I am in fact causing my skin to NEED to regenerate. I stay at high tension for the 1st three hours and than I take a 5 minute break by taking the DTR off. I rest and than resume by placing the DTR back on and increase the tension and the length of the pull...(increasing the distance between each bell) and go about my daily business. I understand that every foreskin device will put more tension on the skin, but I think the DTR is the best answer to that, if the user does not find the capture cylinder uncomfortable.

The progress I have made thus far, i consider unbelievable because I was cut not tight bu not loose either! If you have any questions feel free to ask me...here or in a PM.

Reactions: Darkishm

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm using TLC/Tugger, one of the "expensive Medieval torture devices" :rolleyes: many men use to reverse the damage of a bronze age blood ritual that shouldn't be done in the Third Millennium.

D_Iskepee_Longwoodee

Sexy Member
Media
Chico, how well does the TLC tugger hide under non-loose jeans? How secure is it? I've asked this elsewhere and had mixed opinions but nothing definite.

The DTR hides very well under tight or loose jeans. It is very comfortable to wear and I believe after analyzing all the restoration devices on the market, it is possibly the best one made. It is virtually indestructible and a joy to wear. I analyze everything before making a purchase, and this was the best choice after reviewing all the information I collected.

D_Iskepee_Longwoodee

Sexy Member
Media
Thanks! n_n I had the strongest view on that item when I searched for foreskin restration, but I kept asking people's opinions and they all swear by the TLC tugger (which looks cheap and bulky). Thankies for helping me in the thread in which you initially asked for help. x3 hehe

No problem! I wear it for 5 - 6 hours per day and have been wearing it for a week and am already notcing my skin is much looser...Wildthunder is a great guy and easy to work with..also! It only took me 3 days after placing the order to receive the device too! He includes two or three day postal service in the price...which is great!

BlackSunshineAZ

Sexy Member
Media
I just purchased the TLC tugger and was impressed by the quality of it. I was expecting it to be made of cheap foam rubber when in fact it seems to be made of silicone. It's easy to use and came with two elastic straps (like suspenders) -- one black and one white.

I wore it today for most of the day while at work. It did come loose a couple of times but works better than wearing O-rings. It's pretty comfortable and I wore it under my boxers and under my loose-fitting jeans. I ran the suspender strap around my waist so it was totally unconspicuous, although I didn't tuck my shirt in just in case. The bulge was minimal.

The directions on the TLC Tugger website mentioned using the straps and tying them around your leg or shoulder and getting a good stretch, however I don't see how that's going to be easy to hide, especially if it comes loose.

I tried using the T-tape years ago but it was too much of a hassle and was too uncomfortable to wear at night because the erections were painful when it was applied. I've wore the TLC tugger while having and erection, and it stayed on and was a little tight, but it wasn't painful. I haven't tried wearing it to bed though as I sleep best on my stomach and that could be dangerous.

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Note about the silicone: According to the TLC website, TLC tuggers are made using RTV silicone; which is food-grade and latex-free.

MacBuddy01

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
it's funny how you guys all want your foreskin...I got circ when I was 19...I hated foreskin and still do...if you guys want some extra skin to play with...just use a ball strecher ...trust me...I have the best of both world...cut with extra skin to play and tug with but no foreskin. when I do get flaccid..I even get some skin over my head..and I just pull it back with a minor tug..

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
MacBuddy01, being slightly flippant: it's personal choice. You didn't like it so axed it. *Ooh that was rough.* Someone made the wrong choice for me and many others when we had no say in the matter and we have a difficult multi-year restoration to deal with.

Do us a favor a don't advocate "routine infant circumcision" and don't cut your kids should you have any. Let them choose for themselves, as you did.

fish tacos

Just Browsing
Media
Chance, I'm now using the DTR. Have had it a little more than one week. Overall, it's a good design, but you've got to be careful about applying excessive tension. It's amazing how well these things can hold. Most tricky is setting tension applied to the inner skin with the plunger. You can only go by feel. It's surprising how light even a couple pounds of tension can feel when you're fairly new to FR.

I've found the DTR well made, and worth its cost. Each is hand made. The knurled set screws can abrade your inner thigh if you move around a lot (happened to me on a long walk). A child-sized cotton sock slipped over the device solves that problem.

I am having pinching issues, but am not surprised. That's an old nemesis of mine from earlier FR experience. I just stop, remove, massage skin, reapply and get on with things. Total average daily wear is 9+ hours.

New to my arsenal today is the Cat II Q, which works on just the same principal. It's design is subtly different, so may prove more or less comfortable for me. Time will tell. Comfort is essential to long term safe wear, which is what gets new skin.

My first tapeless tugger was the TugAhoy, which became available several years ago. I was quite impressed at first, but was not able to solve pinching troubles and have abandoned the TA. Some tools which work great for one guy cannot be tolerated by another. It's just dumb luck, I suppose.

Nearly all of my prior FR time was spent in T-tapes. They are very comfortable when made with top quality medical tape, but otherwise are a hassle. T-tapes got me plenty of new skin during two years' tugging time, but I was constantly struggling with early tape failure due to perspiration. My skin also is temperamental when kept under tape for extended periods. So, I'm making a serious effort to work with tapeless devices to finish my FR. I'd absolutely hate to have to go back to tape.

I've spent a few bucks and lots of time at this since I believe that FR is very worthwhile. Some tangible benefits have already come my way, and I'm looking forward to getting the job done. Being cut is good enough for some guys, but I genuinely hate it. Working hard now on getting uncut.

Hang in there and keep close watch on what your body is telling you while tugging. Stop and check things out if you notice any discomfort. Lots of restorers use different methods during the course of their restorations, so don't hesitate to experiment a bit. You may find two or three things work well for you for different wear situations, or simply for a change of pace.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
it's funny how you guys all want your foreskin...I got circ when I was 19...I hated foreskin and still do...if you guys want some extra skin to play with...just use a ball strecher ...trust me...I have the best of both world...cut with extra skin to play and tug with but no foreskin. when I do get flaccid..I even get some skin over my head..and I just pull it back with a minor tug..
Same old swill. Want less dick? Try circumcision.