DTR for foreskin restoration

D_Iskepee_Longwoodee

Sexy Member
Media
My prior experience at FR was that I did better with more or less constant tugging, including at night. That was easier with T-tapes due to the high comfort level--no pinching as tends to happen with tapeless tuggers. You will have to find your own best routine. There may be other factors in your life, besides how long you can comfortably wear your DTR, that influence your tugging schedule. I try to get in as many hours as I can, others are devoted part-timers who enjoy good growth. I guess I'm a hard gainer, but I also believe that skin growth is mostly a consequence of fairly constant, modest tension. That's how we get all that new skin if we allow ourselves to get obese. Again, though, just use your DTR in the manner most comfortable and convenient for you. You've got lots of time to evaluate results and make changes if you feel it necessary.

In a sense, each of us restorers is reinventing the wheel. There's no such thing as a large scale, clinically supervised, peer reviewed FR study to guide us. We've got to rely on as much anecdotal "evidence" as we can scrape up from boards like this or ones dedicated to FR. There's a wealth of experience out there, and what it shows is that guys have restored to completion doing part-time and 24/7, and using a wide variety of tugging implements. It's all good. The most important thing is sticking with it and using lots of common sense. The skin will grow. It's up to you to be patient.

How much time do you allow for rest and healing?

fish tacos

Just Browsing
Media
How much time do you allow for rest and healing?

Right now I'm not tugging at night since I can never get a truly pinch-free application of the DTR. So, that would make nights my off time.

I'm not sure of the idea of rest and recovery in FR. Most of this stuff comes from armchair speculation, nothing more. People are analogizing to weight training or something similar, but that's not what we're doing. Plastic surgeons insert and fill a saline bag under the skin to generate new skin for grafting. Once filled, the skin is under constant tension, which only gradually reduces as new skin grows. The bag is filled some more, so more tension, and the skin gradually grows in again. That's an around-the-clock process. But, as I noted earlier, lots of veteran restorers had success with part-time routines. Usually tugging during the day, resting at night. Sometimes they'd be off completely on weekends. The key really seems to be extended periods of sensible tension (in blocks of hours) that sets the process in motion to generate entirely new skin beyond normal replacement.

Just keep doing what you are doing now. If you can, take a photo of your normal flaccid state, then compare yourself to that in two, three, or four months' time. If you seem to be doing well, just stick with what works. On the other hand, if you think nothing much has happened, you could try to up your daily tugging hours for the next few months. There is experimentation to do during the initial months of FR to find what works well for you. I suggest keeping some simple notes about your tugging routine as you do it. That way you won't have to guess down the line about what exactly you've been doing if you want to modify your approach. I'm simply noting my approx. hours of tugging each day, time with the DTR alone (mostly inner tension from plunger), time with strap (tugging outer shaft skin & inner), and any manual stretching I might do before bed. My memory sucks, so I learned to keep notes to help me see what I actually am doing over longer periods.

You ought to do well at this, as it sounds as if you are having an easy time wearing your DTR. I just can't completely avoid pinching, and it virtually always happens on the same small area on one side. It probably has something to do with being right-handed and how I get the DTR on myself. So, I'll keep playing with it to see if I can find a work-around. I do make a note of pinching troubles as well in my log. Hopefully, all the information will be useful later on. I figure I'll be extremely lucky to be done in two years, even though I'm starting with plenty of skin. I've taken a starting photo to be filed away until around January or so for comparison then. It'd be great to see a significant difference.

D_Iskepee_Longwoodee

Sexy Member
Media
Right now I'm not tugging at night since I can never get a truly pinch-free application of the DTR. So, that would make nights my off time.

I'm not sure of the idea of rest and recovery in FR. Most of this stuff comes from armchair speculation, nothing more. People are analogizing to weight training or something similar, but that's not what we're doing. Plastic surgeons insert and fill a saline bag under the skin to generate new skin for grafting. Once filled, the skin is under constant tension, which only gradually reduces as new skin grows. The bag is filled some more, so more tension, and the skin gradually grows in again. That's an around-the-clock process. But, as I noted earlier, lots of veteran restorers had success with part-time routines. Usually tugging during the day, resting at night. Sometimes they'd be off completely on weekends. The key really seems to be extended periods of sensible tension (in blocks of hours) that sets the process in motion to generate entirely new skin beyond normal replacement.

Just keep doing what you are doing now. If you can, take a photo of your normal flaccid state, then compare yourself to that in two, three, or four months' time. If you seem to be doing well, just stick with what works. On the other hand, if you think nothing much has happened, you could try to up your daily tugging hours for the next few months. There is experimentation to do during the initial months of FR to find what works well for you. I suggest keeping some simple notes about your tugging routine as you do it. That way you won't have to guess down the line about what exactly you've been doing if you want to modify your approach. I'm simply noting my approx. hours of tugging each day, time with the DTR alone (mostly inner tension from plunger), time with strap (tugging outer shaft skin & inner), and any manual stretching I might do before bed. My memory sucks, so I learned to keep notes to help me see what I actually am doing over longer periods.

You ought to do well at this, as it sounds as if you are having an easy time wearing your DTR. I just can't completely avoid pinching, and it virtually always happens on the same small area on one side. It probably has something to do with being right-handed and how I get the DTR on myself. So, I'll keep playing with it to see if I can find a work-around. I do make a note of pinching troubles as well in my log. Hopefully, all the information will be useful later on. I figure I'll be extremely lucky to be done in two years, even though I'm starting with plenty of skin. I've taken a starting photo to be filed away until around January or so for comparison then. It'd be great to see a significant difference.

I'm making some unbelievable progress...I'm already starting to stay covered and now have what appears to be extra skin behind my glans. I'm also maintaining...coverage for certain periods of time throughout the day and when I wake up in the morning. I am continuing to use the DTR at high tension for 6+ hours per day with 5 minutes off every 3 hours. I am leaving the DTR on for weekends at 8-9 hour intervals. I am extremely pleased with these results and cannot wait for 3 months to go by. I think in 3 months, I will be at stage 2 or 3. I know that sounds unreal, but I believe I am also benefiting from the other thinks I am taking for recovery and rebuilding that my herbologist gave to me. I also believe that because I keep constantly adjusting the DTR thoughout the day, I am in fact causing my skin to NEED to regenerate. I stay at high tension for the 1st three hours and than I take a 5 minute break by taking the DTR off. I rest and than resume by placing the DTR back on and increase the tension and the length of the pull...(increasing the distance between each bell) and go about my daily business. I understand that every foreskin device will put more tension on the skin, but I think the DTR is the best answer to that, if the user does not find the capture cylinder uncomfortable.

The progress I have made thus far, i consider unbelievable because I was cut not tight bu not loose either! If you have any questions feel free to ask me...here or in a PM.

Reactions: Darkishm

fish tacos

Just Browsing
Media
I'm making some unbelievable progress...I'm already starting to stay covered and now have what appears to be extra skin behind my glans. I'm also maintaining...coverage for certain periods of time throughout the day and when I wake up in the morning. I am continuing to use the DTR at high tension for 6+ hours per day with 5 minutes off every 3 hours. I am leaving the DTR on for weekends at 8-9 hour intervals. I am extremely pleased with these results and cannot wait for 3 months to go by. I think in 3 months, I will be at stage 2 or 3. I know that sounds unreal, but I believe I am also benefiting from the other thinks I am taking for recovery and rebuilding that my herbologist gave to me. I also believe that because I keep constantly adjusting the DTR thoughout the day, I am in fact causing my skin to NEED to regenerate. I stay at high tension for the 1st three hours and than I take a 5 minute break by taking the DTR off. I rest and than resume by placing the DTR back on and increase the tension and the length of the pull...(increasing the distance between each bell) and go about my daily business. I understand that every foreskin device will put more tension on the skin, but I think the DTR is the best answer to that, if the user does not find the capture cylinder uncomfortable.

The progress I have made thus far, i consider unbelievable because I was cut not tight bu not loose either! If you have any questions feel free to ask me...here or in a PM.

The earliest apparent gains are normally pulling out the stretch capacity of your skin. My skin is already a little looser at two weeks of DTR use, but I know it's not actually new skin just yet. Fortunately, I'm starting this go around with FR having significantly more skin than I had several years ago, so hopefully I've got more "fertile ground" from which to get gains.

Just keep doing what you're doing now. Sounds like you have adapted easily to tugging with the DTR. That's great--you've avoided the need to mess with tapes to get enough skin to get going. You may also do better than the average guy because of your larger penis. More skin kept under tension should mean a greater yield of new cells during the period you maintain the tension.

I've taken a starting photo, which I'll set aside for comparison sometime around January. As I get noticeable gains I plan on taking a series of progress photos--assuming, of course, I can get past my tendency to be a very hard gainer. I hope to have some photos to post for newbies to help encourage them in their own FR efforts. It was a help to me in my early restoration struggles to see that it could actually be done.

Best of luck. Before long you may start to discover some fantastic gains in sensation. That's something to really anticipate.

D_Iskepee_Longwoodee

Sexy Member
Media
The earliest apparent gains are normally pulling out the stretch capacity of your skin. My skin is already a little looser at two weeks of DTR use, but I know it's not actually new skin just yet. Fortunately, I'm starting this go around with FR having significantly more skin than I had several years ago, so hopefully I've got more "fertile ground" from which to get gains.

Just keep doing what you're doing now. Sounds like you have adapted easily to tugging with the DTR. That's great--you've avoided the need to mess with tapes to get enough skin to get going. You may also do better than the average guy because of your larger penis. More skin kept under tension should mean a greater yield of new cells during the period you maintain the tension.

I've taken a starting photo, which I'll set aside for comparison sometime around January. As I get noticeable gains I plan on taking a series of progress photos--assuming, of course, I can get past my tendency to be a very hard gainer. I hope to have some photos to post for newbies to help encourage them in their own FR efforts. It was a help to me in my early restoration struggles to see that it could actually be done.

Best of luck. Before long you may start to discover some fantastic gains in sensation. That's something to really anticipate.

Actually I figured having a large penis would cause me to gain more slowly...you think the opposite eh? I will be taking pics this weekend and will post my results when at each stage.

I did not think my body grew new skin yet..but I have seen my shaft skin or what is left of my foreskin become more stretchy and it now sits directly behind my glans..or sometimes it is over it..just depends

fish tacos

Just Browsing
Media
Actually I figured having a large penis would cause me to gain more slowly...you think the opposite eh? I will be taking pics this weekend and will post my results when at each stage.

I did not think my body grew new skin yet..but I have seen my shaft skin or what is left of my foreskin become more stretchy and it now sits directly behind my glans..or sometimes it is over it..just depends

There really isn't any proof I can show you that larger penises would grow skin somewhat faster than smaller ones. I'm just thinking in common sense terms. All else being the same, you should have more free shaft skin under tension than a guy with a 5 or 6 inch penis. That additional free skin will be making its own contribution to growth, so you should have a bit of an advantage over most restorers tugging with a similar routine. Just something to think about (armchair speculation, anyway).

Getting that bunched up skin against your corona is a great sign. It shows that the tugging is doing just what it's supposed to do-pulling out the natural elasticity of the skin and keeping it in that stretched condition. Your body will interpret that as a need to grow new skin to relieve the constant stress. It's what happens with overweight folks, except that we want longitudinal growth, not radial growth. I'd love a long foreskin with ample overhang, but not a baggy one.

Even though I stopped my first restoration attempt a couple of years ago, I never lost that pile of skin against my glans, so I did get plenty of genuine new skin, and it was simply great to see it every day. It was like ending up as someone who'd had a loose circ, rather than the tight one I really got. It's what finally motivated me to get back to FR in hopes of getting finished.

D_Iskepee_Longwoodee

Sexy Member
Media
There really isn't any proof I can show you that larger penises would grow skin somewhat faster than smaller ones. I'm just thinking in common sense terms. All else being the same, you should have more free shaft skin under tension than a guy with a 5 or 6 inch penis. That additional free skin will be making its own contribution to growth, so you should have a bit of an advantage over most restorers tugging with a similar routine. Just something to think about (armchair speculation, anyway).

Getting that bunched up skin against your corona is a great sign. It shows that the tugging is doing just what it's supposed to do-pulling out the natural elasticity of the skin and keeping it in that stretched condition. Your body will interpret that as a need to grow new skin to relieve the constant stress. It's what happens with overweight folks, except that we want longitudinal growth, not radial growth. I'd love a long foreskin with ample overhang, but not a baggy one.

Even though I stopped my first restoration attempt a couple of years ago, I never lost that pile of skin against my glans, so I did get plenty of genuine new skin, and it was simply great to see it every day. It was like ending up as someone who'd had a loose circ, rather than the tight one I really got. It's what finally motivated me to get back to FR in hopes of getting finished.

Okay, I think I understand your position about a larger penis might be able to grow skin quicker than one of average or below average size. I absolutely love this and am looking forward to gaining new skin soon! How is your restoration coming?

fish tacos

Just Browsing
Media
My skin has loosened up nicely, and I'm getting just a bit of occasional, tentative roll-over on my corona. It looks absolutely great when that happens. There's also been a small sensitivity gain in my inner skin area from the protection provided by the tugger--another good sign.

I'm still battling pinching. It happens no matter what I do so far. Some guys apparently just aren't well suited for tapeless tuggers. I don't know why exactly that would be the case. There might be a few squirrelly blood vessels in skin that don't agree with the tugger pressure. I may be limited to the lightest possible tensions with these kinds of tuggers.

Right now I have the freedom to frequently remove the tugger, massage the skin, and reapply, so I am able to accumulate a fair number of hours's tugging each day (nights off). I'm considering trying the TLC. It can be had with a relief groove in the inner shell for the frenulum. Although I'm cut, I have a troublesome bit of skin in that spot, probably related to my circ scar. That little area is one of my reliable pinching zones. The convenience of the tapeless tuggers is allowing me to keep at this day-to-day. Being able to remove and reapply in seconds makes a huge difference. I just wish the skin would hurry up and grow!

D_Iskepee_Longwoodee

Sexy Member
Media
My skin has loosened up nicely, and I'm getting just a bit of occasional, tentative roll-over on my corona. It looks absolutely great when that happens. There's also been a small sensitivity gain in my inner skin area from the protection provided by the tugger--another good sign.

I'm still battling pinching. It happens no matter what I do so far. Some guys apparently just aren't well suited for tapeless tuggers. I don't know why exactly that would be the case. There might be a few squirrelly blood vessels in skin that don't agree with the tugger pressure. I may be limited to the lightest possible tensions with these kinds of tuggers.

Right now I have the freedom to frequently remove the tugger, massage the skin, and reapply, so I am able to accumulate a fair number of hours's tugging each day (nights off). I'm considering trying the TLC. It can be had with a relief groove in the inner shell for the frenulum. Although I'm cut, I have a troublesome bit of skin in that spot, probably related to my circ scar. That little area is one of my reliable pinching zones. The convenience of the tapeless tuggers is allowing me to keep at this day-to-day. Being able to remove and reapply in seconds makes a huge difference. I just wish the skin would hurry up and grow!

I heard that skin grows at an average of 2mm per week, what do you think about that? I heard it also takes about a minth before you really notice much of anything, do you believe that is true too?

fish tacos

Just Browsing
Media
It's possible skin grows at that rate. That sounds like a number that comes from lab experimentation, so how it translates to FR I don't know. Real world FR growth rates seem to vary a lot, , but obviously there's a lot of variation in how restorers are doing their thing. Ever since I learned about FR I've been reading about the search for the holy grail of FR technique--no one knows what that is.

I think it's easier to see results over periods of two or three months when tugging consistently. You could always try to measure your shaft skin length, if you can find a reliable way to do it. You'd need a fixed spot near the base of your shaft, and from there you'd measure the skin to the sulcus. Problem is maintaining the same measuring point near the base--it would be easier if you had a small skin blemish--and stretching your skin to the same degree each time you measure. Without actually measuring your skin, you only are left with judging the appearance of your skin (more or less wrinkles, etc).

During my earlier FR I tried to keep a log of measurements. I don't have those numbers anymore (was on another computer), but I think I saw roughly 1/8 inch per month when I was having the most success. That's only my personal experience. Others do much better than that. The first time around I was tugging close to 24/7, but not fanatically. Now I'm running an experiment on myself--only tugging during the daytime hours with nights off, and keeping tensions low (1lb or less). One of the early restorers finished in 18 months that way. In a few months I ought to get an indication if that is the better way.

D_Iskepee_Longwoodee

Sexy Member
Media
It's possible skin grows at that rate. That sounds like a number that comes from lab experimentation, so how it translates to FR I don't know. Real world FR growth rates seem to vary a lot, , but obviously there's a lot of variation in how restorers are doing their thing. Ever since I learned about FR I've been reading about the search for the holy grail of FR technique--no one knows what that is.

I think it's easier to see results over periods of two or three months when tugging consistently. You could always try to measure your shaft skin length, if you can find a reliable way to do it. You'd need a fixed spot near the base of your shaft, and from there you'd measure the skin to the sulcus. Problem is maintaining the same measuring point near the base--it would be easier if you had a small skin blemish--and stretching your skin to the same degree each time you measure. Without actually measuring your skin, you only are left with judging the appearance of your skin (more or less wrinkles, etc).

During my earlier FR I tried to keep a log of measurements. I don't have those numbers anymore (was on another computer), but I think I saw roughly 1/8 inch per month when I was having the most success. That's only my personal experience. Others do much better than that. The first time around I was tugging close to 24/7, but not fanatically. Now I'm running an experiment on myself--only tugging during the daytime hours with nights off, and keeping tensions low (1lb or less). One of the early restorers finished in 18 months that way. In a few months I ought to get an indication if that is the better way.

I thought you decided to tug constantly...did you change your mind?

fish tacos

Just Browsing
Media
Can't wear a tugger at night because of pinching.

I also read a bit on the position of one of the early restorers who advocated only part-time tugging at modest tensions. He asserted that the growth process of the skin occurs during the interval when tension is removed. I don't understand the biology sufficiently to take a stand either way, so have decided to devote the next several months to tugging after his style. If my rate is better than when I went 24/7, then I'll know it's best to go part-time.

A willingness to experiment is important to success in FR. My early progress rates were slow indeed. I'm going to invest a bit of time to try a routine different than what I did before, and if things improve noticeably, then I'll have something worthwhile to share with other restorers. Even if you learn that something does not work, or doesn't work better, then you've found something worth knowing, so it's not a wasted effort.

chico8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I recently took a week off from active tugging and only cross taped to keep the skin over the glans. When I started up again, I was amazed that the skin hung down longer than before even though I've only had the TLC Tugger for about 6 weeks.

IMO, there seems to be value in periodic tugging. Constant tugging means the skin is always slightly swollen and gains are disguised by the edema.

Once again, there's no best route, only what works best for you.

chico8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Interesting results gentlemen!

I don't find my penis swelling up though...what are you talking about?

Well, I was really referring to the skin. If you ever stop tugging for a week or two, you'll probably notice that your skin is "thinner" than it was when tugging.

If you work out, you'll notice that your muscles bulge much more. After a few hours, the bulge will go down somewhat. It's the same concept really, exercise of any kind tends to make tissue swell. Once you stop exercising, the swelling slowly goes down.

When I first started, I was a 24/7 tugger and the swelling could get pretty pronounced at times.

D_Iskepee_Longwoodee

Sexy Member
Media
Well, I was really referring to the skin. If you ever stop tugging for a week or two, you'll probably notice that your skin is "thinner" than it was when tugging.

If you work out, you'll notice that your muscles bulge much more. After a few hours, the bulge
will go down somewhat. It's the same concept really, exercise of any kind tends to make tissue swell. Once you stop exercising, the swelling slowly goes down.

When I first started, I was a 24/7 tugger and the swelling could get pretty pronounced at times.

I never had this happen yet!

seahorses

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
All of them look like expensive Medieval torture devices.
I can see you're trying to impart some highly valuable information here based on your own pesonal expriance in foreskin restoration. What else don't you know about?

seahorses

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
This thread began just before I went the Canaries for a couple of weeks, which meant I wasn’t able to contribute while the topic developed. However, I’ve now caught up, but rather than “quote”, I’ll just make general comments regarding observations.
My arsenal comprises of the CAT RO2, the TLC tugger and “T” taping.
My history is that I’ve been into PE for some time now, having started with vacuum pumping quite a while ago. It was when I first started jelquing though, that I noticed the skin around my old circ scar becoming looser. Then by chance I stumbled on an article on another board and discovered it was actually possible to restore my foreskin, what a joy to learn that was! Consequently I concentrated my efforts on restoring. I began with “T” taping. This is a little involved, especially while getting used to it and can be a little hit and miss. You also have to be aware of the point of equilibrium, the circ scar, and, as with some other devices, make sure this is central to the tape, as skin directly under the tape doesn’t get stretched. Nonetheless, it’s the most comfortable and I still prefer taping at night.
Subsequently, I purchased the CAT RO2, the earlier version that had a threaded rod. The CAT is designed with an inner cap/cup/cone (call it what you will) and is made from hard plastic that pushes against the glance. The shaft skin is then pulled over the outside of the cap/cup/cone (call it what you will) and trapped by the outer cap/cup/cone (call it what you will) made from soft silicone that slides over the top; this is actually a modified teat from a babies feeder. The threaded rod (now a plunger on the newer, better engineered and more sophisticated model) is then screwed in, pushing the glance further back and putting tension on the foreskin. There’s also the facility for attaching a strap, or whatever, to the other end of the threaded rod to put simultaneous tension on the remaining outer shaft skin. Also with the CAT, there’s no need to worry about the P.O.E. Because it can stretch in both directions at once equal tension is placed on both inner and outer foreskin trapped inside the outer cap/cup etc., (cor, this is hard work!) respectively.
My research threw up a slightly different account to Fish Tacos regarding the development of skin grafting pioneered by surgeons working on burn’s victims. I read it was balloons that were placed under the skin and inflated to create the pressure? I’m not saying my information is any more accurate, but I would’ve thought saline would be absorbed into the body? However, to save an argument I’ll compromise and say perhaps the balloons were inflated with saline?
I also learned that the object of the process was to create just enough tension to encourage cell division, not to tear or damage and as a consequence, not require time to rest and repair. Therefore, my program has been mostly 24/7. I feel though my progress has been slower than most for a couple of reasons: one, my mutilation at birth was botched and nearly cost me my dick! As a result I have a thick scar on the underside of my shaft, in addition to the circ scar, that defies stretching. The second draw back has been my own inconsistency; still involved with PE and flirting with it, I flit from one aspect to the other, trying to devise some method whereby I can do both at once and at last I think I might be getting there!
With all the abuse the CAT suffered, sometimes having to contend with a pumped foreskin, the outer cone became stretched and started to slip. I looked into getting a replacement and could have bought just the cap, but in stead looked at the newer design of the complete item. However I dithered when also looking at the TLC; being into PE and wanting a longer dick, anything that pushes, like the CAT, rather than just pulls, like the TLC, is a touch concerning. Consequently I bought both! Which I prefer though is debatable as both have their merits and I often interchange, the main thing is I’m making skin. I normally use them strapped to the knee, though eithe can be noticed if trousers are tight fitting, however loose long "T" shirts etc., help cover up. Also either can be used strapped up around the waste or over the shoulder if desired.

D_Iskepee_Longwoodee

Sexy Member
Media
However I dithered when also looking at the TLC; being into PE and wanting a longer dick, anything that pushes, like the CAT, rather than just pulls, like the TLC, is a touch concerning.

Why is pushing concerning? Do you not think the DTR is a good device? Is it dangerous? Do you think the penis will shrink? I'm not sure why your so concerned about it!