DTV Ready?

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Have any of you seen the tests on T.V. that either shows red if your tv is not ready for dtv and requires the converter box for which you get coupons for that or green to indicate that you need not take any further action?
last week i saw one of those tests and it showed RED, that my tv was not dtv ready and that i needed one of those nifty converters.
just now, another test happened and it showed GREEN, that my tv was just fine as it is.
has anyone else had conflicting results from said tests?
i do not have cable, satellite, dish or any other mode of tv reception other than the standard networks and PBS.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I only saw the commercial you refer to once and my tv passed. I believe all of the tv's we currently use pass as they are all fairly new. Regardless we have cable service on all 4 televisions so we should not be affected.

Goodwood darling, in order to maintain your current level of service you need to get one of those converter boxes which can be purchased for $40-$50 at places like: Best Buy, Circuit City, Radio Shack, Target, K-Mart, WalMart, Walgreen's or CVS.

The government offers a $40 coupon which must be used within 90 days or it expires. It is not a rebate, it is a coupon, so send for it now.

For more information check my blog.

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i do in fact have the coupons for the converter boxes. i suppose i will just see what happens come february 17th or whatever the day is. if i don't have tv i guess i will just get a converter box. i have a difficult time believing a recent, flat screen would not be dtv ready. oh well. if i don't have tv then no big deal.