Dude at the gym was definitely looking at my ass

HOU_HEADHUNTER

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
So yeah I was doing standing dumbbell back extensions and happened to see a guy looking at my ass. Standing dumbbell back extensions work the hamstrings and look odd because you have to bend over to get a stretch in your hamstrings and it looks like you are deliberately poking your ass out. He could have been just admiring my form and taking notes so that he could do the exercise himself but his eyes stayed on my ass and my count was completely thrown off. How do you all feel when you know someone is watching you in the gym?

nudebodybuilder

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I would feel flattered. They are looking at your personal gains/results of your workouts, they are seeing the proper form on the lift. If you have a great ass, maybe, just maybe they are trying to picture themselves in your shoes. I would of invited them to try it out. There are a few folks who know how to lift properly and those that don't are always looking at others to see what "they" might be doing wrong.

At my local gym, some of the regular folks have started doing some of my personal moves that work for me. i.e. shoulder shrugs on a smith machine (single arm) or Seated leg press with no weights! Some have laughed and blantly said something along the lines (dude, you don't know what you are doing). I smile and invite them to try it out. The tone changes fast after a couple of sets. Now, those moves I am seeing more and more people doing them, some have actually came up and ask "why and how" and can you show me?

My last thought is, enjoy the audience.

Gj816

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Think nothing of it. I watch other guys, not that I'm checking them out but to see what they're doing. I never worked out with weights until nine months ago so I would watch everyone. I've also had some of the guys do some of my exercises for example for about three or four months I started my routine out doing burpees. Now there are guys one particular guy stated doing burpees. It's a core workout plus a cardio all rolled into one. They're not that easy to do either. I've adapted my routine over the months but I'd consider it a compliment. I have had guys I know we're looking at my ass, my dick. Doesn't matter to me I'm not there for them anyway.

halcyondays

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Dogs and cats sniff each others butts, humans run eyes over each other.

Wherever I am in public I'm always on display. I ignore the eyes of others on me until there are obvious signals like extended eye contact, smiles, etc. which may indicate more than a passing interest in my physique or technique.

Snarky_succubus

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
So yeah I was doing standing dumbbell back extensions and happened to see a guy looking at my ass. Standing dumbbell back extensions work the hamstrings and look odd because you have to bend over to get a stretch in your hamstrings and it looks like you are deliberately poking your ass out. He could have been just admiring my form and taking notes so that he could do the exercise himself but his eyes stayed on my ass and my count was completely thrown off. How do you all feel when you know someone is watching you in the gym?
I feel like... Who gives a shit? I get so into my workouts that I’ll stare right at someone I know and have no clue they’re there. People have to look somewhere while they work out... there just happen to be a lot of asses in the gym so eyes are bound to fall on them sometimes.

normguy

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
There was a young guy who often worked out at the same time when I was doing the YMCA earlier this year. I'd see him on the treadmill just down from me. I never saw him lifting weights and such. But he'd jog on the treadmill and I'd notice his muscular legs (he wore what I call real gym shorts and not those long, baggy ones that seem popular now) and I could see his junk kind of moving and bouncing around. So I assumed he was usually commando. I tried to be discreet so as not to make him uneasy. But I felt that a few times he was aware of my gazes. He seemed cool with it. No harm in looking. I know I'd be flattered if someone was looking at me were I younger and more fit.

Reactions: Nexolaris