"Dude, You Should Wear a Towel"

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by Fire Stick, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Fire Stick

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    There are always a lot of posts here about strange locker room behavior. Here's one more.

A while back ago, while I was in the locker room at my gym changing into my work-out clothes, the guy next to me looked over at me and said, disapprovingly, "Dude, you should wear a towel." I had just pulled off my underwear and had bent down to retrieve my jock strap from my gym bag, which was on the floor. For the record, I was not particularly dallying, and I had bent down rather discretely at the knee, not at the waist, so it wasn't that I had flashed him a bird's eye view of my ass. I was caught off gaurd, and I offered a sarcastic apology for offending him. I don't know the guy, and he's someone I see at the gym occasionally, but not regularly. I told a few friends about the incident, all of us just rolling our eyes at what seems to be an increasing number of men -- primarily younger ones, this guy looked about 30 -- who act as if it's gross to see another man's genitals, even in a setting such as a men's locker room.

Last night, after arriving at the gym and entering the locker room, I saw him in one of the bays of lockers telling the guy across from him, "Dude, you should wear a towel." The naked guy looked puzzled, as I'm sure I looked during my earlier encounter with him, and he told him if he didn't want to see, then not to look. Grinning, I stationed myself at a locker in the same bay, and when the guy the saw me, I could tell he recognized me. He quickly left with a look on his face I would describe as both imperious and a little embarrased. As I changed clothes, I relayed to the guy getting dressed how I had the EXACT same encounter with him just a couple months earlier. The guy who had just been told to wear a towel was in good shape and was fairly well hung. He laughingly speculated to me that the guy obviously had it in for guys with big mucsles and big dicks. I don't know how this guy selects the targets of his wrath, but he cetainly appears to have a mission. I think maybe he needs therapy. :)

#1 Fire Stick, Apr 16, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2011
  2. secondbest69

secondbest69 Well-Known Member

Albums:
    its sad there are a few people out there that think you should never be nude not even in public showers i've run across my sure of them.... a while back i was at the gym and two guys was in the shower with there undies on lol. i even heard one one them telling the other guy at the lockers how sick it was how so many want to show off.... lol trust me i know when a guy is showing off and i'm all for it .but these guys was just there for a every day work out thats it....

3. ColoradoGuy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    It makes me wonder what that guy thought the lockerroom was actually for. Chalk it up to jealousy.

4. D_hdfwerg3we

D_hdfwerg3we New Member

yeah, towels are for drying off, not wearing! besides, my towel is one of those 13" x 17" absorbent sports towels. obviously i couldn't wear that!

5. basque9

Gold Member

Albums:
    I know it has been told many times previously and probably better by other guys; but this strange lockerroom/showerroom behavior needs retelling: The young guys on the local swim team stand at their lockers and wrap a towel around them as they slip from jockies to swim suit. Then, they wear their swim suits in the shower , both before and after swimming and when they change back into their clothing at their lockers, they drape a towel around them while removing their bathing suit and slipping into jockies. If a naked guy walks into their area, whether it be in shower or at lockers, they stare at him as if the naked guy were out of order....snickers/giggles from them are not unusual. The thing I have often wondered is how they manage even to get their bodies dry after showering, the way they avoid exposing their bodies. I think this strange draping of the bodies has evolved over the past 10 years or so. What in the world ever has taken place?

6. ThongerDude

ThongerDude New Member

I bet that guy wears boardshorts down to his calfs, wears underwear underneath his boardshorts when swimming, does the towel dance, and has legs as white as a ghost, with possibly a tan at his feet. Sad how some people have such a problem with skin.

7. unzipped

Gold Member

Albums:
    they ususally have needle dicks and issues...

8. unzipped

Gold Member

Albums:
    just imagine if the guys in the force and armed forces were like that....

9. crescendo69

Gold Member

The towel dance actually started in the early eighties, when AIDS surfaced and Anita Bryant's anti-gay rants became an issue. I believe a paranoia was created, which was reflected in the pulpit, schools and lockerrooms.

10. DesertCruiser

DesertCruiser New Member

I just got home from a cruise where there were a lot of younger guys and I noticed that they all almost wore underwear under their swimming trunks. I thought it strange but guess this is now how it is.

11. greekgott

greekgott New Member

Next time tell that guy that he should take his clothes off and that in the company of men he too should behave like a man and not like a stupid female.

12. funguy3

funguy3 Member

Albums:
    ha, well said greekgott

13. nicecircjob

nicecircjob Well-Known Member

He might have been raised in a single parent home with only his mommy for a role model. He possibly didn't have a masculine role model to assimilate with,
    poor fella.

I work at a place where there is a 30 year old guy whose parents divorced when he was 4 years old. He is extremly good looking but has no girl friend. I once asked him if he had any locker room experience. He said he did but he didn't like it. I would venture $100.00 he is still a virgin. He has no other siblings. Just he and his mommy live in their apartment. Sad. I wonder how he will cope when mommy dies?

14. D_Fizzy Cola Bottles

Albums:
    I wear my underwear in the steam room at my gym. Some guys go in nude, others don't. Guess it all depends on you. I keep my underwear on, so what?

Certainly no one should tell you, "Dude you should wear a towel." That is just stupid. On the other hand, if you do decide to walk around freely in the lockerroom, I don't think you should be bending over to show your nuts and hairy a-hole. That's not nice.

15. Patchos

Gold Member

The fuck has being female got to do with it?

16. Patchos

Gold Member

Another crack at women. Mothers turn their sons into sissies? Something wrong with loving your own mother now? Have you ever raised a child on your own?

What a fucking stupid thing to say.

17. Mr_Bulldog

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    When I was 17 and weighed 290 pounds I was staying at a hotel motel in san diego with family for a weekend at the beach and it was very hot so i had my shirt off in the place. it was one of those places that has a kitchen and rooms like a condo and my aunt wanted to go down to the car to get something like a phone charger or something but didn't wanna go herself since it was dark. I naturally volunteered to go with here. Now I was very heavy but not incredibly flabby much of it was dense muscle from so much lifting but i was still chubby. As we walked to the car this guy walks past and just says "put on a fucking shirt." I didn't say a thing but my aunt said "put on a muzzle you slobbery fuck." which was gratifying but i still have self esteem issues because of what that one guy said and I have since dropped 90 pounds. It had a profound affect on me.

18. nicecircjob

nicecircjob Well-Known Member

To Patchos: I do believe some mothers turn their sons into "Mother's Boys." That is what's so sad. They become co-dependant.

19. B_RedDude

B_RedDude New Member

Sometimes the truth hurts, doesn't it?

20. WellHung83

Gold Member

Albums:
    I just think its sad that a lot of guys are just seemingly so ashamed of their penis and testicles to want to constantly cover them up. Its like they want everyone of their own gender to be living Ken dolls just so they dont have to be so worked up and anxious about it.

Draft saved Draft deleted