"Dude, You Should Wear a Towel"

keenobserver

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This is a really long thread but to offer some thoughts - here goes -
Speaking for myself I am comfortable being naked in a locker room. I don't go out of my way to flash others (although I am not offended if someone flashes me). I have shaved in the gym locker room - wearing a towel. I have seen other guys shave their entire bodies wearing nothing. No biggie.

The underlying theme here is why are some people offended. Some are raised modestly and taught to scorn nudity. I've got a couple in my family that takes all modesty to an extreme that makes the Duggers look like they are in Playboy.

Another issue is more serious - sexual abuse. Abuse survivors are extremely modest about being seen even a little bit exposed. It is a documented symptom of sexual abuse. Abuse victims will often wear baggy clothing, long pants and long sleeve shirts - even when it is very hot. Some of the people who have a problem with nudity in public locker rooms may fall into that category.

Of course some are undoubtably insecure assholes. They are everywhere, but what can you do?

Houtom

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I don't visit this site as often as I used to, and it's been a long time since I made a post or commented on anything. Since I am the original poster of this thread, I found it amusing when I saw this post back into circulation, since I posted it three years ago.

The guy who said to me "Dude, you should wear a towel" disappeared from the gym for a while, but he's been back for a couple of months or so. I saw him in the locker room recently, and I have to admit that I deliberately walked right in front of him on my way to the showers, butt naked, my towel in hand, letting my dick swing right before his eyes. Common enough sight in a men's locker room, sure, but I enjoyed it, nonetheless. I hope I offended him. I'm bad. LOL.

Don't cover up. On second thought, after seeing your fully stuffed pouch in your brief pic, you can cover up. Hard to decide which one looks better.

Reactions: Fire Stick

johnny989

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
ahahha, this reminds me of last year in a gay spa in Germany, I was chatting to this hot guy as we were having our coffee, he claimed to be straight (ha, ha to that) but anyway as he was getting up to leave his towel unfolded itself and he rushed to cover himself up, and I just said No, leave it and winked at him and he obeyed and just let everything hang. good times :)

I'm so sick of this concept that being naked in a men's locker room, of all places, is somehow offensive. If somebody doesn't want to see my penis, they don't have to look at it. It's their hang up.

Me too. These guys wouldn't last a minute in my locker room. Everyone is naked a majority of the time in there. They would be ridiculed to no end for being so uptight. While these guys aren't always pretty to look at, they at least behave like men. This is the reason why I like my Y so much. The men behave like men, not scared little pussies. I would say if anything that it's next to impossible to get guys to cover up in my locker room. I'll admit that I'm a bit of an exhibitionist, but compared to most guys in my locker room, I'm nothing.

FRE

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Me too. These guys wouldn't last a minute in my locker room. Everyone is naked a majority of the time in there. They would be ridiculed to no end for being so uptight. While these guys aren't always pretty to look at, they at least behave like men. This is the reason why I like my Y so much. The men behave like men, not scared little pussies. I would say if anything that it's next to impossible to get guys to cover up in my locker room. I'll admit that I'm a bit of an exhibitionist, but compared to most guys in my locker room, I'm nothing.

Although many of us see it as silly to be covered up in a locker room, it is going too far to ridicule those who do cover up. All of us have certain foibles and hangups which don't make much sense and surely we wouldn't want to be ridiculed for them.

Last edited:
Reactions: not_brand_x

Although many of us see it as silly to be covered up in a locker room, it is going too far to ridicule those who do cover up. All of us have certain foibles and hangups which don't make much sense and surely we wouldn't want to be ridiculed for them.

Anyone that would tell a guy to wear a towel in a locker room is worthy of ridicule from his peers.

Smaccoms

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Perhaps. But telling someone to wear a towel goes way beyond wearing a towel oneself. But rather than using ridicule, perhaps a humorous approach would be better.

Yea, my job has uniforms. So I strip down to my underwear when I change. A co-worker loves to yell at me and/or freak out if he sees me in my underwear. He's too homophobic to just enjoy his emotional and physical response to seeing me naked I guess.

Anyway, he freaked out over the idea of me free balling one time because he thought I wasn't wearing any underwear. I wore a tiny pair that day (oops!) I told him he shouldn't be so nervous thinking about my balls. He turned such a crimson, it was hilarious. Shut him up real quick.

Reactions: kurt bishop

FRE

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Yea, my job has uniforms. So I strip down to my underwear when I change. A co-worker loves to yell at me and/or freak out if he sees me in my underwear. He's too homophobic to just enjoy his emotional and physical response to seeing me naked I guess.

Anyway, he freaked out over the idea of me free balling one time because he thought I wasn't wearing any underwear. I wore a tiny pair that day (oops!) I told him he shouldn't be so nervous thinking about my balls. He turned such a crimson, it was hilarious. Shut him up real quick.

Under the circumstances, that seems appropriate, and it apparently worked.

One could also say something like, "Perhaps we should try to understand why you become so upset over trivia.", or "Why are you so interested in my body?".

It can help to have a large repertoire of responses ready to use.

Smaccoms

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Under the circumstances, that seems appropriate, and it apparently worked.

One could also say something like, "Perhaps we should try to understand why you become so upset over trivia.", or "Why are you so interested in my body?".

It can help to have a large repertoire of responses ready to use.

He can't handle interacting with me. He either gets nervous or angry. He's hot and he's an interesting person. But the only way he can interact with me sexually is if he harasses me about it. It's quite tragic really. We have so much chemistry.

I recently joined LA Fitness. At 68, this is the 1st gym I've been where everyone wears a towel except when actually changing. Also, there are shower stalls instead of open shower areas. I follow suit so people don't think I'm making some kind of a statement.

In prior gyms, where most everyone walked around with a towel, I did too, even though somewhat sensitive about nearly always being the smallest in sight.

Explrthis

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
the problem I have with this whole deal is that the majority of guys at my gym do the towel dance...and are overly conservative. Most days dropping my towel long enough to put on my tightie whities I fee like the creepy old guy