DUI Stop Question

BigDuder

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
this is probably the wrong thread for this sense you have a reason to feel as strongly as you do about this topic, but why are you so angry in general? why so many smileys? why the exclamation points? why the refusal to follow even the most basic rules of grammar and spelling?

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
...I did 3 balance/agility tests outside the car, where it was cold as fuck. I warned the officer ahead of time that I am clumsy by nature (which is true) before I took the tests. One of them included lifting my leg in the air as long as possible, which I would suck at even if I had no drinks...

If you get convicted of a DUI, you are sometimes required to take a class. I have a friend whose father teaches those classes. I haven't talked to him personally, but his daughter (my friend) tells me that these test are designed so that almost anyone would fail. One of my former roommates, who hadn't been drinking at all, failed when he took these tests. Why? Because the test are difficult, even for a sober person. For example, one of the tests they gave him to recite the alphabet backwards.

My friend tells me that if you get pulled over under suspicion of DUI, you should just ask the officer (politely) to cut the crap and go straight to the breathalyzer.

P.S. Just in case this ever happens to me, I memorized the alphabet backwards. Also, for no particular reason, I memorized the first 34 digits of pi:

...but that has nothing to do with this thread.

P.P.S. I'm quite drunk right now, but my ability to type is surprisingly not much worse than usual.

findfirefox

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Ever get removed from a train taking you home because a cop decided you were to drunk to be out in public but instead of just banning you from the train drove you to your apartment complex?

*Points at self*

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Ever get removed from a train taking you home because a cop decided you were to drunk to be out in public but instead of just banning you from the train drove you to your apartment complex?

*Points at self*

The only time I was ever driven home by cops I was sober (having just got off work) and they were drunk - despite being on duty. The cop driving was probably only about 4 times over the limit but seemed used to it and therefore was at least mostly able to operate the vehicle, with a slight delay getting the key in the door lock. His partner was completely arseholed and barely capable of speech.

I accepted the lift because it was fucking cold and fucking late and it amused me for the neighbours to see me dropped off in a squad car on Christmas Eve. They wanted to come in and I do believe they thought one or other of them had a chance of scoring - but then they got a call to attend an RTA - apparently some drunk had smashed his car into a wall just round the corner from my house. As they left the driver commented to his partner "Fucking drunks!!" after which they both broke out in peals of laughter, cop #2 fell over and had an upturned tortoise few moments til his buddy helped him and then they got in the car and, after a short delay and some cursing, drove off to attend their RTA.

I had a healthy disrespect for the law before that... but it did rather underline the point for me.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
If anyone had the wits to read between the lines of Monster's posts.....it seems clear to me he lost his mom to a drunk driver and this is probably a sore spot for him, cut the boy some slack.....and to the OP.....last time I checked, using your directional lights to signal when you are going to make a turn is mandatory in all 50 states.

camper joe

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
this is probably the wrong thread for this sense you have a reason to feel as strongly as you do about this topic, but why are you so angry in general? why so many smileys? why the exclamation points? why the refusal to follow even the most basic rules of grammar and spelling?

This is probably the wrong thread for this sense you have a reason to feel as strongly as you do about this topic, but why are you so angry in general? Why so many smiley's? Why the exclamation points? Why the refusal to follow even the most basic rules of grammar and spelling?

There is an old saying about people who live in glass houses. :rolleyes:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
*SNIP* However, they said they stopped me because I didn’t signal on a turn (WTF?) and crossed a double yellow line to make a second turn. I think these excuses to stop me were complete BS. WRONG! Signaling is not mandatory, for one. Actually it is mandatory to signal both turns andlane changes in every state but Tennessee. In Tennessee you can change lanes w/o signaling which is why they have so many body shops in and around Nashville.
Oh, and I left a bar/area where cops are notorious for “patrolling” and trying to catch people DUI. So they were doing their job and you are upset because they took 20 minutes out of your life?:rolleyes::confused: Is there an actual question here or was this just a rant?

Just dont drink ANYTHING and drive, when you lose a close relative you'll understand why!
People like the OP and those who agree with him never get it until it's too late :frown1:

If anyone had the wits to read between the lines of Monster's posts.....it seems clear to me he lost his mom to a drunk driver and this is probably a sore spot for him, cut the boy some slack.....and to the OP.....last time I checked, using your directional lights to signal when you are going to make a turn is mandatory in all 50 states. Agreed,you are correct on all counts as usual.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
OK OK - look we all know drinking and driving is a bad idea - nearly as bad as driving when tired, funny there ain't as much stigma on that one though... There is in the states! There are now laws against drowsy driving which if broken can get you a fine and prison time.

"Maggie's Law"

Maggie's Law states that a sleep-deprived driver qualifies as a reckless driver who can be convicted of vehicular homicide. It's named in honor of a 20-year-old college student, Maggie McDonnell, who was killed when a driver -- who admitted he hadn't slept for 30 hours and had been using drugs -- crossed three lanes of traffic and struck her car head-on in 1997.

When the case went to trial, the jury was deadlocked. In a second trial, the defense argued that because there was no law against falling asleep at the wheel in New Jersey, the driver did nothing wrong. The judge accepted this argument, and the driver received only a suspended jail sentence and a $200 fine.

That decision prompted Maggie's mother, Carole McDonnell, to lobby for a law to punish drowsy drivers in New Jersey. Maggie's Law defines fatigue as being without sleep for more than 24 consecutive hours and makes driving while fatigued a criminal offense.

richmondvans

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
If anyone had the wits to read between the lines of Monster's posts.....it seems clear to me he lost his mom to a drunk driver and this is probably a sore spot for him, cut the boy some slack.....

Ah. yea.. it makes sense now.. That is why he is such a repressed homosexual!.. thanks.