Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Nine years ago as I sat in my local tattoo establishment, ready to get inked I began to think why I was there. All my friends were inked and they were cool. I needed one to fit in and say I was cool too. Then I really thought about it. I was cool without a tattoo and I really didn’t need one to fit in.
I guess all tattoos are dumb unless you’re in prison where tattoos help identify what group or gang you’re in. I’m not in a group or gang so I don’t need one.
Then I started looking at people who had tattoos. Most of them were really ugly, like their owners. Some guys had arm bands and the artist inked it cock-eyed so it looked like the arm band was slipping down their arm. Other guys needed to hit the gym; arm bands don’t look good on skinny arms. Then there are the portraits of family, friends and pets; at a distance it looks like these people have a birth defect or a large mole. You really have to get closer to see it’s a portrait of their dead grandmother with her pet cat.
So maybe an erotic tattoo on some one’s ass could be cool. It could say “enter at your own risk” or “my ass was much tighter a few years ago”. How about, “my pussy has teeth?” Or an inked cock that looks like a snake. Is that cool?
Then I did a little research and found out if you don’t like your tattoo or want to move it; you’re screwed. You can have it removed but it’s expensive and painful. Tattoos fade so you need to re-ink them frequently or you’ll look stupid. Everyone’s body changes; you might get large or smaller so the tattoo has to stretch and shrink. That doesn’t sound pretty to me. Then there is aging. Can you imagine being 80 years old and you made the mistake of tattooing your cock as a teen? The employees of the old age home may be laughing at your shriveled up snake.
I never got inked and I’m pretty happy with my decision. I walked out of the tattoo place and bought a mountain bike. Biking was much cooler; it really hardened up my ass and legs. Plus I got to enjoy clean fresh air. It was money well spent.

D_Deceptivus Wrongpeter

Experimental Member
Media
I don't mean to offend anyone, but what's the deal with non-Asain people getting Asian characters? And non-Moari people getting Moari symbols? Huh?

I think if you can't explain your tattoo you should not have it... ESPECIALLY ones from foreign cultures.

I ran into a guy with an elaborate Kufic script as an arm band. Young white guy, the type with money falling out his ass.

As a work of art it looked great, and he started bragging about it. Once we got thru him prattling on about how many sessions it took, and how much it hurt, and how much it cost, I asked the obvious: What does it say?

He didn't know... What language is it? ... He didn't know that either.

I finally told him it was Kufic, an ornamented script used in Arabic, mostly for Koranic quotations. I hope it was one of the less bloodthirsty passages.

Idiots.

Artzyguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Customize your own design. I have my family crest tattooed on my right calf, it is a one of a kind and has been in my family for well over a hundred years.

pdxman

Sexy Member
Media
I'd like to get a tattoo but can't decide what to have done.

Post links/pics of what you'd consider to be dumb tattoos that people laugh at and the kind of tattoos that are cool/awesome - that make people think I wish I'd thought of that.

Here's some dumb ones:

Funny and dumb tattoos Gallery
Dumb Tattoos in Mugshots Gallery

Here are some cool ones:

10 "Realistic" 3D tattoos - 10/24/2008
http://www.ypcommando.com/images/cool_tattoo.jpg

The worst tattoos are the ones worn by fat slobs ..any tattoos....they just look so rank and nasty...tattoos look sexiest and hottest on good bodies,,,nothing worse than a tattoo on a fat out of shape person.....also the dumbest tattoos are those you see on nerdy business types,,,u know the little tiny ankle tattoo that they think makes them look cool

pdxman

Sexy Member
Media
I'd like to get a tattoo but can't decide what to have done.

Post links/pics of what you'd consider to be dumb tattoos that people laugh at and the kind of tattoos that are cool/awesome - that make people think I wish I'd thought of that.

Here's some dumb ones:

Funny and dumb tattoos Gallery
Dumb Tattoos in Mugshots Gallery

Here are some cool ones:

10 "Realistic" 3D tattoos - 10/24/2008
http://www.ypcommando.com/images/cool_tattoo.jpg

So many men in Portland have tattoos,,,that it seems NOW if you DON"T have a tattoo YOU are the cool and hip one cause you DONT have one lol

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
So many men in Portland have tattoos,,,that it seems NOW if you DON"T have a tattoo YOU are the cool and hip one cause you DONT have one lol

SOME tattoos CAN look cool when your young and have pretty skin. When they reach their 50's or so the tattoos just make them look that much older and a little trashy, like carneys. I'm just sayin.....

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The worst I saw was in Las Vegas a few years ago. This heavy woman is wearing very little by the pool and she has a giant lizard on her throat and onto her face. It was stunning to see how white trash she was...and I am white trash so I know my breed

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
My tat has a bit of a significance. I designed it and the letters to match.

I have an armband that is tribalish, but with thorns. Pretty rough period of my life at the time. On the top is my oldest daughters name and under is my youngests name. They are what was holding me together at the time

tat2dqt78

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I have several very large tattoos, magazine quality stuff. I've won awards for my work, in several states at tattoo conventions. Every piece has meaning, and is a symbol of how my life is changing. A well designed, placed and executed tattoo can be a beautiful thing. Every lover in my past has wanted to spend some time looking at my work, some even wanting to trace over it with their various body parts. There must be something erotic about them, at least to some people.

Just remember.~ "THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TATTOOED PEOPLE AND NON-TATTOOED PEOPLE IS; TATTOOED PEOPLE DON'T CARE IF YOU ARE TATTOOED OR NOT."

D_Melvern Nutter

Sexy Member
Media

salthebb

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have three tatoos, one on my left calf, each bicep. I designed them all. They each speak of my life philosophy and what I believe in. By the way, I used Latin, not Chinese. My son's suggestion. He had a good idea. I am planning on getting several more. Those who don't have tatoos should not cast stones at those of us who do have tatoos. And I agree with Big E. If you don't have decent guns, no arm bands of tribal symbols you know nothing about.