Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
moon landing
The topic was "dumb things American have been told to believe," not "facts that some Americans (and others) are too dumb to accept."
But not necessary if all the newspapers and journalists are out of business and we can rely on Bill O'Reily for all our "no spin zone" news! Didn't Hitler do this?
Yeah, Hitler never missed an episode of Bill's show.

Last edited:

D_Percy_Prettywillie

Account Disabled
Media
Even educated and informed people are concerned with Barack Hussein Obama's ties with Islam.

No they aren't. Speaking on behalf of the most educated city in the United States? Not a single person I know who could be qualified as educated in any capacity (street smart or book smart, wise or just wise ass) has any concern with Barack Obama's "ties with Islam."

If you're educated and informed you're concerned with his policies, what he advocates, what actions he has taken and what actions you would like him to take, whom he appoints to the bench, and so...

If you're educated and informed you didn't get your tag-line from Donald-Oh-my-god-if-only-he-hadn't-shown-us-a-birth-certificate-I-might-still-be-a-serious-candidate Trump.

Our educational system is already a laughing stock internationally. Please, please don't make it worse by propping up clowns as "scholarly citizens."

JSZ

hairyman101

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
dumb things americans have been told...............that things will get better!!! hang on, its gonna be a bumpy ride.

B_enzia35

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No they aren't. Speaking on behalf of the most educated city in the United States? Not a single person I know who could be qualified as educated in any capacity (street smart or book smart, wise or just wise ass) has any concern with Barack Obama's "ties with Islam."

If you're educated and informed you're concerned with his policies, what he advocates, what actions he has taken and what actions you would like him to take, whom he appoints to the bench, and so...

If you're educated and informed you didn't get your tag-line from Donald-Oh-my-god-if-only-he-hadn't-shown-us-a-birth-certificate-I-might-still-be-a-serious-candidate Trump.

Our educational system is already a laughing stock internationally. Please, please don't make it worse by propping up clowns as "scholarly citizens."

JSZ
I am educated and informed, and I know all of his policies suck ass.

OhWiseOne

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Well, it seemed to have been improving until January, then things went right back to hell again:mad:

Please don't take this wrong but it never was. The segment of the economy I work in was being fed by the "stimulous" money not real improvement but a pipe dream.

Stretch

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Which policies exactly? I know you said all of them, but I'm always curious to hear various opinions, so it would be great if you could break down the policies, why they "suck ass", and your alternative solutions. Looking forward to your post.

D_Percy_Prettywillie

Account Disabled
Media

Which is fine... though I doubt the legitimacy of your claim of comprehensive knowledge of all his policies, that wasn't at all the point of my post.

If you read the first sentence of my post I said no one who could be qualified as educated was concerned with his supposed ties to Islam versus the completely legitimate things they might otherwise be concerned with.

That you were unable to decipher the contents of a paragraph written for mass consumption on a forum like this one makes me question whether or not legislative language written in VCR-programming vernacular would be easily within your grasp. No disrespect.

JSZ

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
All of his policies suck ass, eh?
There's an obvious civil rights button to press here, but I'm not going to be the one to do it since I don't want to come off being too confrontational. But if I was to give just one clue... it's represented in the percentages.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Hello cracked old thread--- I just watched Colbert rerun s and he's never going to run out of material at this rate! It was the 'SuperCongress' and Obama Goats Gruff episode. Can't have that old resposibility to constituents thing between us and making dogfood out of pensioners. What a brony.

August 01, 2011 - Tony Hsieh - The Colbert Report - Full Episode Video | Comedy Central

You can make bullets out of your loved ones ashes now. Truly American.

D_Davy_Downspout

Account Disabled
Media
All of his policies suck ass, eh?
There's an obvious civil rights button to press here, but I'm not going to be the one to do it since I don't want to come off being too confrontational. But if I was to give just one clue... it's represented in the percentages.

Obama's economic policies have been terrible for years now. He's pushing for austerity in a demand slump. You can't possibly be happy with his economic performance.

His handpicked Job Czar's company just off-shored a ton of jobs to China after dodging all their US taxes.

We need him pushing for jobs programs now, direct spending. Hell, digging and filling in ditches would be fine at this point. He's not doing any of that. At best you'll get him talking about pushing the payroll holiday farther, further undermining SS.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Obama's economic policies have been terrible for years now. He's pushing for austerity in a demand slump. You can't possibly be happy with his economic performance.

His handpicked Job Czar's company just off-shored a ton of jobs to China after dodging all their US taxes.

We need him pushing for jobs programs now, direct spending. Hell, digging and filling in ditches would be fine at this point. He's not doing any of that. At best you'll get him talking about pushing the payroll holiday farther, further undermining SS.

Did I make even one mention of his economic performance on my last post? :confused:

Nobody is happy with the economic situation at this stage, although I don't put the entire blame on his shoulders. Before 2010, there was also a broken Senate where the minority tried to filibuster everything and now it's a broken House with too many parTEA members (and other conservatives) who would rather pledge allegiance to Governor Squirt instead of doing their job.

Without doing any heavy research, I can source several bills Obama signed into law relating to jobs - The HIRE Act, Disaster Relief and Summer Jobs Act of 2010, The Small Business Job Act and a spending bill that provided necessary funding to Teachers and Education. This was all before the current House assumed control (under Boehner) who has not provided one single Jobs bill up to this point. Regardless of what the president or any citizen wants, all legislation has to start in the Congress. You're right when you say that he needs to push for jobs programs right now (especially ones that address transportation & energy) and it's obvious that his messaging needs to be more forceful as we enter into 2012. However with the current toxic atmosphere we have, even if Obama was to talk some Democrats into proposing a Jobs bill there's a very high probability that it would be voted down, out of their own principles, by House Republicans (especially by the parTEA people) and reworded to make it look like "wasteful spending". Plus he has to be careful with issuing executive orders of any kind at this point, since much of the same opposition will view that as an abuse of power and push for possible impeachment... and if we thought the debt ceiling fiasco was a theatrical nightmare, impeachment would be even worse.

This is the problem that arises when our society elects inexperienced, blindly ideological people into the House & Senate who can't do their job. They all say that they "hate government", but we're foolish enough as an electoral body to put them into the very place they claim to hate. Simply put, if they hate government then they can't govern. But whatever... awaiting the usual "apologist" label that usually comes about after making an objective post like this.

B_enzia35

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
...Did you just hint that since I'm not a fan of his policies, I must be a racist?
C'mon sinwin, in one sentence, you bashed his Czar about evading taxes and moving more jobs overseas, and then the next sentence, you want the President, who "hand-picked" this Czar, knowing full well their stand on policies, to push for more job bills?
Well, I guess that fits this thread.

cruztbone

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
people here in CA love my bumpersticker: TIRED OF HEARING CRAZY VOICES? TURN OFF FOX NEWS !
that should help remove many Dumb things Americans have been told to believe.
no network tells more lies and rumors than Fox News, but then Rupert Murdoch and his talented bunch of pseudojournalists have to work SOMEWHERE.

RoyalDem

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I convinced a girl in the States this Summer that Ireland had no Tuesdays.

When she questioned, I explained 'that's where time difference comes from'.

Also leprechauns of course :D and how I was on Leprechaun watch as a child lol

Klingsor

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I convinced a girl in the States this Summer that Ireland had no Tuesdays.

When she questioned, I explained 'that's where time difference comes from'.

Well the time difference has to come from *somewhere*, doesn't it???

I find myself acutely embarrassed by the ignorant foibles of my fellow countrymen and women. I console myself with the knowledge that a few of us stateside are trying to raise the bar just a bit (and also with the sneaking suspicion that many of the rioters in England may not be the brightest bulbs either).

B_bxmuscle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
A couple of pointers here -

Judahism isn't it's Zoroastrianism - Nb Freddie Mercury.

Secondly - Judahism only really started with the collation of the Babylon Talmud, which is possibly as late as 2nd century AD. If you determine that the Judahism is Talmud led - laws derived by rabbis not god, & not Torah led, then it certainly isn't. There certainly was no religion called Judahism BC. Israelite, Hebrews (?) possibly.

I think the Karaite sect probably is the oldest of the Israelite as unlike the others, they never lost the Torah for decades (apparently), & simply can't understand why religious identity was now passed on the mother's side, when the Torah is basically about men. Possibly they should be considered number 2.

The second point is Galileo also thought that the sun was the centre of the universe! So on that point, the Vatican had him. Lol.

Who knows what Obama really is - who care's? It's not like he has a baptism certificate on show. He does smoke a lot - that not a good muslim thang.

Theory of evolution, well Darwin's has been modified an awful lot, & there are disparate sides - the evangelical zealot Dawkins, & the late great Stephen J Goulding. There are wholes in it everywhere, which in time will hopefully be ironed out (so it is a matter of faith), but there are always in science endless other possibilities -(Nobel prize winning DNA helix discoverers don't share the full view at all) & like religion it's important to escape dogma.

I've never posted a deliberately insulting response here before, BUT THIS GUY IS A TOTAL DUMB-ASS!!

B_bxmuscle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's not surprising to me that all these stupid views identified by the OP are associated with hard-right politics and so-called values. Can anything even vaguely similar with similar numbers of adherents with proof like that provided by the OP be produced for those with Left-of-center views? I doubt it. Conservatives, this is a challenge!

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
It's not surprising to me that all these stupid views identified by the OP are associated with hard-right politics and so-called values. Can anything even vaguely similar with similar numbers of adherents with proof like that provided by the OP be produced for those with Left-of-center views? I doubt it. Conservatives, this is a challenge!

And the whole "hope & change" nonsense doesn't qualify.