Dumbfuck Europeans

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Drifterwood, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Drifterwood

Gold Member

There's an old saying in shipping circles; "when people panic, they panic in their own language".

I am not sure if anyone really expected any different, but when push has come to shove, Europe's National Leaders have fumbled the ball as well with regards to a unified political response to the global credit crisis.

Just thought that you would like to hear it from me :rolleyes:

2. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

Drifter... European politicians are not immune from the idiocy of "belief" in the magical invisible hand, either.

Its an idea rich fucks have been pushing world wide, because its political adoption makes it EASIER for them to skim off even more.

THe problem with Europe is that they placed undue faith in the assinine bond ratings given to the Bush era loan Products.

Republicans are all over Clinton's low income housing move- but THOSE loans actually proved to be safer than the average... the lowest default rate of the past 30 years.

That result led Europe to believe that they could trust the products of Bush's de-regulation.

If only everybody had accepted what was patently clear--- that Bush is a functional moron acting as the TOOL of republican "get rich quick" schemes...

If only Bush's brother had not been the governor of Florida- appointing the hacks that threw the election...

If only Congressional Republicans had risen as one to IMPEACH the fucker the first time he ignored constituional law.
    ...Or the second, third, sixth or twentieth.

If only the folks opposed to the teaching of Darwin were able to UNDERSTAND the PREDICTABLE consequences of Darwinian economics theories like unrestrained free markets....

IN unrestrained markets, like unrestrained nature, each generation has only a very few who survive to reproduce.

The death toll is always high.

maybe 800 billionaires and their families will live high on the hog for generations to come...

And the rest of us get to suffer the cruel math of evolutionary economics.

Funny how we are smart enough to not even try such nonsense in our SOCIAL systems...

But not smart enough to realize that economics is just another part of our society.

The guys with the guns robbing the liquor store are doing on a small scale exactly what the guys in the board rooms with contracts are doing on a global scale.

And how idiotic is the idea that we need armed police response when there is 200 dollars at stake in the register...
    But not when there is 700 billion dollars at stake in the treasury....?

3. Drifterwood

Gold Member

Our politicians can not be exonerated so easily. They have been happy to reap the tax rewards of the pyramid scheme erecting in our financial centres, and done nothing to stop the growth of the high leverage model.

Here, they can not stop acting like local politicians, very much I suppose as your Congress did.

You will be able to say, look we are one nation and we will work together to get out of this, Europe doesn't look like being able to do the same, even though as a combined and coherent economy we are at least as attractive as the US in the medium and longer term.

They will look for the way out that causes their electors the least pain.

#3 Drifterwood, Oct 6, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2008
  4. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

Goes with the territory of representative governance.

The trouble is worst when the folks they are representing are so ill informed and brainwashed by media spin that they demand their representatives represent their own ignorance.

American "conservatives" in DROVES demanded their congressmen vote against the bailout...
    But that is because the electorate is largely shit ignorant about how that would punish THEM far mroe than the jerks at the top who made this mess.

Bush and Cheney get fat pensions for life; as long as the United States exists as an entity.

5. Drifterwood

Gold Member

I think we should be digging inevitable graves deeper rather than digging new ones for all of us. Harsh though it seems, some have to be left standing to fight another day. I don't see any politicians capable of making such calls. God help us if there are political vacuums.

6. transformer_99

Gold Member

This is one of the reasons I was against the bailout, This was world credit, the G8 needed to get together and have a unified global bailout or solution. All we did was flush $ 785 billion down the tubes, because the market still plummeted and used the global issue as the excuse. Next week we could throw another $ 785 billion at it and it would still keep dropping. The deregulated free trade market is still going to adjust back to the incomes that never paced the rampant inflation and that's just here in the USA. I think this should've been allowed to bottom out, then the debt restructured and have everyone that ever paid into their bad mortgage debt start over with new principal amounts, new loan terms and new interest rates, all this considering what they put down, that's if they did put a big chunk of their own down. Some might find their down payments if they put anything of their own down, would've paid for those homes at what they're really worth. Heck, Iraq debt has been forgiven since what, sometime 2004 ? That was $ 100's of billions back then and since other nations have also forgiven 10's and 100's of billions as well. Africa wanted debt amnesty as well.

And the other side of it, all these executive golden parachutes, those need to be looked into and trued up for reasonableness. Nobody should ever get paid millions to leave their executive or board of directors positions, especially if they were doing a piss poor job in the first place. Then there's always the fraud and criminal activity, that needs to be cleaned up. stop dragging it out like they did Enron and simply nail those that are guilty. They have their names and all you have to do is follow the money trail.

7. doctorro

doctorro New Member

Though I learnt it in another language, I believe everyone will understand my English "translation" of it:
    Do not rise the amount of money in a country without goods for the worth of the money - otherwise the buying power will go down to hell.
    Point 1.
    You have to secure every loan. (especially if the house will never be built...)
    Point 2.

Just ignore two essential rules of economy and you are fucked up.
    I believe now several marktes had broken down, many more to brake down.
    Two big German banks claim to be in possesion of enough credibility and amounts of money for 2008 and 2009, so they still COULD lay capital workment papers with a duration of less than a month. (I am very sure I will never know the right word for what I am about to say right here)

At least Spain learned something from it and has risen the necesary basic money of every bank. And as you now can see, Santander is buying bank after bank.
    Maybe one good example in all this shit.

Politics... well, nobody wants to comment an unpopular decision right now, no matter where.

Draft saved Draft deleted