DVD burning help?

Discussion in 'Straight Adult Websites' started by ChuckRich, May 17, 2006.

1. ChuckRich

ChuckRich New Member

I have some video clips on my computer that I'd love to be able to watch on tv. I have a DVD burner but I don't know what program to use to A) burn the videos onto a DVD that will play in a DVD player and B) convert the clips to a format that will work in the first place. Right now they're in RealMedia and Windows Media Video formats. Any help? Or would someone be willing to make the DVD for me if I put the clips on disc and sent it to them? Thanks.

2. B_Hickboy

B_Hickboy New Member

You young kids and your dvd burnings. Back in the day all we had to burn was books.

3. Wilde316

Wilde316 Member

download Winavi converter, and dvd shrink, the winavi will make you video into a dvd format that dvvd shrink can burn onto a dvd use a good disk not crap, I suggest Maxell or even better Sony, Verbatum are good but dont play in a lot of dvd players, sony's seem to be the best

4. faceking

faceking Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Good luck... the hardest part will be converting the videos you have now into a DVD_ready format.

DVDs aren't like media player... you have to create the DVD into a series of VOB files, and few other 'reference' files. DVD shrink as mentioned here is great.

The other option, and perhaps easier, since many of your vids are MPGs... is to create a VCD disc. A bit lower quality, but look into that as well. Only drawback some DVD players have a lot of difficulty playing homebrew VCDs, much less VCDs in general. VCDs are big in Hong Kong and a few other places...

5. hungmark

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    the best package by far for creating a DVD from avi/mpeg files etc is DVD Santa.

PM me for more info....

6. ChuckRich

ChuckRich New Member

I use a PlayStation 2 as my DVD player and it doesn't play VCDs. And none of the videos are MPG they're RM and WMV.

7. GBB

GBB Member

I've also discovered the hard way that if you have a older DVD burner, (a couple of years old or more) be sure to get DVD+R blank as opposed to DVD-R blanks.

Talk to the guy at Staples/Office Max, and get squared away on that.

I also use Nero 7 for all my burns.

8. rhino_horn

rhino_horn New Member

there are easy-to-use dvd creators out there, i use intervideo windvd creator 2, its hassle-free and very simple to use, and it has yet to fail me. dvdsanta doesnt always produce the best quality dvds, and it chooses when it wants to work. nero is also garbage.

though, for ur real media files ur gonna need to convert them to avi or any other format. u can use conversion software like EOVIDEO(they have a free-trial period,30 days before u have to register the software) to do that.

u can download EOVIDEO(its also very simple to use) of the net, but ur gonna have to buy the burning software, unless u can find the iso or a copy of the software disc on some torrent site...ive burned a million dvds with windvd creator, i think its ur best bet. *good luck...

9. Wilde316

Wilde316 Member

I also find Intervideo Windvd Creator 2 to be excellent, I normally only use it when creating menu's and such, simple burning of an image file can be done using various programs, I find DVD shrink easiest but others might not.

10. B_kate59588

B_kate59588 New Member

If you want to burn the videos onto a DVD,you can convert you video to VOB or MP4 format first.
    I suggest you use *Link Removed*
    It can help you join multiple videos into one bigger file for conversion.

If you want to watch on tv,maybe this program can help you.
    *Link Removed*

#10 B_kate59588, Nov 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2009
  11. D_George Washingcome

Is there really a converter which creates good quality movies at the end without spending hours of conversion? I tried many and mostly the avi, divx or xvid quality sucks at the end.

12. GH057

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    You want Convert X to DVD

13. hud01

Gold Member

I hope he got it done, since this is 3 years old.

14. D_George Washingcome

That made me laugh about myself - thx
    Looooooooooool

15. B_Marius567

B_Marius567 New Member

I use Western Digital WD TV HD Media Player with a 1tb hard drive to watch my shows. I use videoredo to covert tivo files to mpeg2 and take all the ads out.

a 1tb hard drive can hold 200 hours of HD shows in mpeg2 or 1000 hours of mpeg4 movie files.

#15 B_Marius567, Dec 20, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
Draft saved Draft deleted