Dvorak?

I, too, assumed this thread was aout the Romantic composer, but I didn't realise that DVORAK keyboards were even made. I'd actually thought about looking for one, perhaps even an ancient typewriter, but I never got around to it.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
LOL alright, guys, here's the scoop - you don't have to get a physically different keyboard to use DVORAK (and by the way, referring to the keyboard layout, it should be all caps) but instead, you change the keyboard mapping. If you did some exhaustive searches, I'm sure you could find a keyboard with the DVORAK layout printed on it, but most often, you just change some settings. Just the same as changing to a "foreign language" layout for German, or French, or Spanish, or any other that uses "special characters."

Aloha!

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
If you have windows xp, like I do, it's easy to remap it to Dvorak...the mapping is actually one of the ones you get wten you install; you just need to know how to switch to it.

Control Panel-->
Regional & Language Options-->
Languages-->
Details-->
Now you can change it!! Tah-dah!!

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Aloha! said:
...Good question...

Blood feud?
That's interesting. Over the years, I've had cause to use a variety of different types of computers and operating systems, starting with DOS, before there were any GUIs, Mac, Windows, Unix, and a couple of things on SunMicroSystems. I've met more than my fair share of foaming-at-the-mouth-I-hate-Apple-with-a-passion Windows fans, and none of them could ever tell me why they held such a vitriolic view. On the other hand, the Mac people usually just say "mmm, well, Windows is what it is. I don't hate it, I just like my Mac better."