E-Mail from "Jacinto"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Dear fellow LPSG members,

This thread comes to you from me Freddie the member, not Freddie the moderator.

I have had contact with the man who we all knew as Jacinto. I will reveal what I learned from him. I am not validating any of his statements as truth or fiction. You the member will have to read this and determine on your own what you choose to believe. Please as you read, remember that our purpose is to discuss issues concerning the penis, sex and talk about other things like politics, music, religion and whatever. Will anything you post after reading this make this a better board or will it cheapen the board and make it less inviting for our members and prospective members?

The e-mail I received came from DoubleMeatWhopper’s email address. In it he includes some information that gives me every indication that the writer is the person who created Jacinto. I am going to quote from the e-mail here. I am editing some of it to protect the privacy of some of our members. However all under quotes are verbatim from the e-mail.

“I’m not asking for forgiveness, I have deceived you and others that I met and came to care about, and that can never be undone. I was wrong, and I am sorry. I can try to explain, but that will not excuse me.”

On the character of Jacinto he says:

“The character of Jacinto began as an experiment: what would I have done differently if I had my early adulthood to do over again. What I found out is that msot of my regrets come from later events, the LPSG masquerade being one. Low self-esteem was never a motive I’m actual quite proud of my true accomplishments. but fo Jacinto, part of the point was the was a younger guy still finding his way. That’s not what happened. For the most part, Jacinto is me about 15 years ago. Jacinto’s online “life” pretty much paralleled mine from the age o 20 to 27. I was a New Orleans college student who taught school while working on his doctorate. I was an ex-seminarian and ex-dancer. I was the gay jock who was often taken as straight. All that applies to me as well as to “Jacinto”, but I’m now 43. I’m not Cuban, but there are parallels to my life in that respect as well. I do speak Spanish and I tend to do so with a Cuban accent because I have quite a few Cuban friends. That’s a big reason that Jacinto was Cuban: It was necessary for me to be “different,’ and passing myself off as Cuban was a difference that I could maintain. It may seem strange that I took on this psychological exercise online, but I never expect anyone to invest so much interest in this persona. I certainly never expect anyone to become so emotionally attached as to become hurt as a result. The opinions and feelings expressed by Jacinto were mine: those were genuine. The deception is that they were not the product of a guy in his twenties: they were born of experience not possessed by me at the age I claimed, I was expressing thoughts that would not normally occur to a man fifteen years younger than my actual age. (As a matter of fact, many of view that I held seven years ago when I joined LPSG are no longer what I believe. ) Jacinto took a life of his own: the false personal become all to real to too many people, and things became way too complicated. I wanted a clean break: Jacinto needed to ‘die’ I handled things badly, and I recognize that. All I can do at this pint is offer my apologies”

I know each of you will draw different conclusions. But I do believe that the above is as an accurate statement from this man as we can expect. Truth is, I believe his statement that the beliefs and values that Jacinto had were the same as is own. Both good and the bad. Is there a time for unconditional love and forgiveness? Each of us will have to decide that for our self.

There is more. I will post that in the morning. Unfortunately my computer is in my son’s bedroom. He is asleep. I can’t turn the light on to type from the printed e-mail I received. However, this man does continue to tell his story about the pictures and his avatar. Again, this is his story, not mine. Except for some comments that I believe concern privacy, that is all the information I have.

I will turn over to the other moderators the entire e-mail if I can get it to transfer on my computer. I will leave it up to a majority of the moderators to decide what further steps may be needed.

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Freddie53 said:
I know each of you will draw different conclusions. But I do believe that the above is as an accurate statement from this man as we can expect. Truth is, I believe his statement that the beliefs and values that Jacinto had were the same as is own. Both good and the bad. Is there a time for unconditional love and forgiveness? Each of us will have to decide that for our self.

I feel that I've read more baloney from this guy than I care to stomach. I believe personally that his number of online aliases are so plentiful that he can probably no longer distinguish quite where the reality ends and the fantasy begins. And that's not a game I care to play with him. Forgiveness has nothing to do with it --- engaging in mind-play with others is all he's about IMHO.

I had never even communicated with DMW on the boards, but I spent several days after the 'death' announcement in pretty much of a fug, remembering all the people I've lost in my life. I really didn't need to relive some of those thoughts.

So, although I'm usually the first to jump in with a forgiving word, in this instance, I'll say that he can go fuck himself.

SurferGirlCA

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
These ongoing "revelations" are playing out like a very bad Jerry Springer episode (sorry for the redundancy). Someone plays a role for, hmm, I guess years here, and then suddenly "dies" only to return with a mea culpa delivered through an intermediary? Nothing personal, but I just don't care at this point. No wonder I find myself spending more time in the arcade. :rolleyes:

spl98006

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Wow - I didn't see that one coming.

As I stated on a different thread concerning another well-known LPSG member, I have often suspected that some of our more colorful posters were actually character creations. I've participated in several writing workshops, and even trained (though never actually performed) with an improv acting company here in Seattle, so I can usually spot the red flags of a created character vs. a genuine person. But I never suspected DoubleMeatWhopper.

Well, all I know is that I'm real. In fact, I even think I may have run into another LPSG member at the Whole Foods a couple of weeks ago (hint: Thai cooking sauce).

Anyone wanna choose the red pill over the blue one?

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Alex,

That is quite understandable. And I suspect that most will agree with you. This is the internet. The e-mail did come from his old e-mail addrees. I checked that out. So the e-mail did come from the same e-mail address as DMW used on this board. That is the only thing for sure I can say.

I loved the character of Jacinto when he was here. That doesn't change the fact that I am pissed off at what he did when he faked his death. He hurt a lot of people including me. It will take time to heal wounds.

Are his words of confession true or is it more Bull Shit. I don't know. I dont' think anyone will ever know.

I wanted to remain as transparent as possible and maintain the privacy of our members.

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
This will be my epitaph:

Words have meaning.
Actions have consequences.
People are real.

I hope I do a better job of acting like I believe the above every day.

As for "Jacinto" or whateverthefuck his name is, I remember some sweet conciliatory things he said telling Dr. Bubbles she didn't have to go. Now I understand why.

But I haven't judged you, so there's nothing to forgive. Live and learn, and keep posting. But try to be straight with your words and actions, because your words have meaning, the actions you and others take based on your words have consequences, and the people who hear your words and are on the receiving end of your actions are real. They (we) are the ones who suffer the consequences of your words and actions.

Motives are irrelevant when the water is already over the dam. No one will ever judge your actions by anything other than their outcomes. No one will ever judge you by way you felt when you were doing something, only by the effect it had on them.

If you think you need to do better going forward, then go for it. I'd appreciate it if you showed up around here to let us know how your progress is going.

As for me, I've learned to go by by the old saw: Believe only what you see. Don't believe what you hear. The Internet, with all its videos and pretty pictures, is still an auditory experience.

So go on, keep entertaining me. I'll treat all of you like you're real, but withhold my best and fullest attention for my friends and family, people whose physical presence I've experienced.

BTW, none of the above is about trust. It's about love. There's only so much of me to go around. As a human being, I have very little power, and it manifests itself in my life as love. I'm not giving that away to a bunch of electrons, and that's all I am to you and you are to me until we meet face to face.

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I am disappointed that the writer did not apologize for all the people he attacked for questioning his truthfulness. During Jacinto's "life", he made some horrible remarks to "tweedle-Dee" and "Dr. Dildo" and other members going all the way back to PickyLittleDicky for those of you who remember him. Nonetheless, I know that the letter was not easy for him to write, and I hope that the he found some relief through doing so.

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Freddy

The best way to deal with a troll is to ignore them, and even years of posting here does not mitigate the death thing, which was an evil exit that now has exposed him as a troll. And someone who wishes otherwise and keeps the door open for his return is abetting a troll.

There is nothing more vexing to a narcissist than ignoring them, and that is a just reward.

Please stop lifting the rock, okay?

D_Barbi_Queue

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm actually very glad that Freddie shared this with us. I think it's always fair to at least hear the other person's side, then you are able to make a decision based on a completely clear conscience.

And I'm with ME. I'm pretty unhappy that he didn't apologize to all those he hurt. I'm sure that I wasn't the only one that cried real tears the night I heard that he "died".

fratpack

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
OFGS, GET OVER IT PEOPLE! All of this ridiculous nonsense over someone who in reality NEVER existed. You've been lied to yet again and now you keep dragging this all back up and throwing it in our faces. Stop the madness. Turn off your computer and go outside and meet some real live people and make friends with someone who is living and breathing.

freshmeat1984

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Well, that's an interesting change... even more if it is real...
In my opinion he should have chosen a better way to leave the lpsg-society... I think we all would have understood him...

J

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
fratpack said:
OFGS, GET OVER IT PEOPLE!

Spoken like a true n00b. You've been here since, what -- September, after the unravelling had already begun?

This isn't a two-hour movie where you find out at the end that Tyler Durden really was the Narrator: Other members of the board had known this character for up to seven years, and that kind of psychological explotation doesn't untangle quickly.

Let people work things out, and OFGS, stop being so intolerant, k?

Thedrewbert

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Freddie53 said:
The opinions and feelings expressed by Jacinto were mine: those were genuine. The deception is that they were not the product of a guy in his twenties

I think this needs to be remembered.

fratpack

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
mindseye, you're a moderator, real nice.
before you jump on me you should check out some previous postings of mine and was in fact one of the first who posted a condolence over DMW since his passing did affect me and if anything I am extemely tolerant. So stop with the snap judgements.

Status
Not open for further replies.