Status
Not open for further replies.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
alex8 said:
I feel that I've read more baloney from this guy than I care to stomach. I believe personally that his number of online aliases are so plentiful that he can probably no longer distinguish quite where the reality ends and the fantasy begins. And that's not a game I care to play with him. Forgiveness has nothing to do with it --- engaging in mind-play with others is all he's about IMHO.

I had never even communicated with DMW on the boards, but I spent several days after the 'death' announcement in pretty much of a fug, remembering all the people I've lost in my life. I really didn't need to relive some of those thoughts.

So, although I'm usually the first to jump in with a forgiving word, in this instance, I'll say that he can go fuck himself.

No fucking shit alex. BASTA!! This board's beginning to take on the feel of a soap opera and continuing to give that individual air time does nothing but stir the pot up further. I fucking don't care anymore. Stop letting the attention whore inveigle his way back only to incite this ridiculousness further. Haven't we kind of "done" Jacinto?? Let's leave the accident scene and let the clean up crew mop up the mess during off hours.

I'll second alex's sentiments: 'He can go fuck himself'

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
mindseye said:
Spoken like a true n00b. You've been here since, what -- September, after the unravelling had already begun?

mindseye?

I realize broth fratpack and I are 'n00bs' and you've decidedly pulled rank. What's the point? Do you suggest, as a moderator, that somehow we have less right to a take on this thing? I've held back endlessly on this ridiculous fracas and most are just pissed because they were hoodwinked. Take a lesson and walk away from it I say. It's consuming the board and I'm beginning to think that too many are liking the high melodrama of it all.

Further, I didn't see a "newbies keep still until you've posted for over a year before you have a right to an opinion" in the rules. Must have missed that line.

It just might possibly be that we have a more objective one.

Isn't moderation about placating differences rather than inciting them? I always had a sense it was.

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Stronzo said:
mindseye?

I realize broth fratpack and I are 'n00bs' and you've decidedly pulled rank. What's the point?

If I had pulled rank, he would have known it. Asking for a little understanding while members continue to sort through this should not be a controversial request. Not everyone will deal with this at the pace that you're most comfortable with; take a lesson from that and move on.

You're asserting your right to an opinion on here; I've asserted mine as well.

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
eh. i find it real difficult to give much of a shit, but then i didn't know the guy hardly at all. i guess i can understand why so many of you are so pissed off about it. from my own perspective, i gotta say that i can't reasonably see how this guy can excuse himself - a lie is a lie is a lie, regardless of your reasons for telling it.

fratpack said:
mindseye, you're a moderator, real nice.
:rolleyes: being a moderator don't mean he's gotta wipe the ass of every moron on the forum, honey

Chuck64

Experimental Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Dr. Rock - You have a gift for keeping things in perspective. It may be controversial, but keep speaking up.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
mindseye said:
If I had pulled rank, he would have known it.
Yikes. Interesting. I think it's poor form to talk down to any member regardless of his history on the board. It smacks of elitism and condescension. That's what I meant by 'pulling rank'.

Asking for a little understanding while members continue to sort through this should not be a controversial request. Not everyone will deal with this at the pace that you're most comfortable with; take a lesson from that and move on.
As a moderator, of course I'll defer to your better judgment. But in my humble opinion continually rehashing this in the sensational way this is being handled is non-productive. It's a bit like "stay tuned folks and tomorrow will bring another episode in the continuing saga of how pissed off people are that they were fooled by some middle aged guy (is he??) in Louisiana". I stand by that sentiment as evidenced by the nature of all threads regurgitating the "world according to Jacinto's existence".

You're asserting your right to an opinion on here; I've asserted mine as well.

You're exactly right.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Dr Rock said:
:rolleyes: being a moderator don't mean he's gotta wipe the ass of every moron on the forum, honey

No I suppose it doesn't DR. But I maintain it does require some restraint. And my experience to date with 'fratpack' has not exhibited him to be a 'moron'. However those - in my opinion - who deserve that appellation shall remain nameless.

Dr. Dilznick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
mindseye said:
I am disappointed that the writer did not apologize for all the people he attacked for questioning his truthfulness. During Jacinto's "life", he made some horrible remarks to [...] "Dr. Dildo" [...]
I can't even see myself getting hyped over something like this. However, any publicity is good publicity.

DoubleMeatWhopper said:
It's not my material. You've been "Dr. Dildo" for some time now in PM's. I was not the first to apply the monicker to you. It's been circulating LPSG for months, but apparently I was the first to bring it to your attention.
Hmmm. I'm thinking Jana, Lex, DC_DEEP or Pecker. It's best to get a hobby at times like these. I myself enjoy rock climbing.

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Stronzo said:
I think it's poor form to talk down to any member regardless of his history on the board. It smacks of elitism and condescension.

I agree with you on this point. My original post to fratpack was worded ungraciously.

playainda336

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Wait....wait...waaaiiitaminute.

Lemme get this straight.

Jacinto i.e. DMW faked his death, but then came back to reveal he did it because DMW was fake all this time.

Wow.

This is some comic book/soap opera shit right there...:biggrin1:

Well, I've been around on LPSG longer than some people remember...yeesh...actually longer than I can remember. Long enough to see the many transitions of the LPSG.

I always thought DMW was a very respectible person. And even after hearing the whole story...or maybe not...regardless of what I heard. He was always very respectible. Nothing is going to change that. What he did was wrong and was fraud and fooled everyone. Either way, nothing can change the fact that the man is, was, and forever will be the man. Just because it was another alias and he told stories about things that may or not ever happened, he was still pretty cool.

I say clean slate. He needs it after all this.

Bleh...I'm so late.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Stronzo said:
mindseye?

I realize broth fratpack and I are 'n00bs' and you've decidedly pulled rank. What's the point? Do you suggest, as a moderator, that somehow we have less right to a take on this thing? I've held back endlessly on this ridiculous fracas and most are just pissed because they were hoodwinked. Take a lesson and walk away from it I say. It's consuming the board and I'm beginning to think that too many are liking the high melodrama of it all.

Further, I didn't see a "newbies keep still until you've posted for over a year before you have a right to an opinion" in the rules. Must have missed that line.

It just might possibly be that we have a more objective one.

Isn't moderation about placating differences rather than inciting them? I always had a sense it was.
You are probably right that new members have a more objective look at this then those who interacted with this man for seven years. The emotional tie always afffects objectivity. But we humans are emotional people and we can't just turn our emotions on and off.

Actually no. Moderators in the meaning here means to monitor the board for trolls, those who are breaking any established code of conduct if there is one and things like that.

Moderators are not mediators between two parities who have differences. As members we certainly can. And with the title "moderator" on our avatar, it does give more weight good or bad, depending on your take on it.

I dont' think Mindseye was speaking as a moderator, but as a member which is his right. You have a right to express yourself. I am a proponent of freedom of speech. I don't like censorship. When it is applied censorship should be used very sparingly.

About new

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thanks mindseye. You're a thoughtful man and that was decent of you.

I'd like to bring a phenomenon I've noticed to general attention:

It's not my intent to hyjack this thread but since my arrival here back in December I've noticed an inclination among certain long-term posters - who are immensely invested in posting here - to imply something to the tune of "oh once you get to know us all you'll understand how mistaken you are" or "since you're new you're not quite with the flow of things". It's unmistakably there. Look, I can tell you I didn't just get off the boat at Ellis Island. I'm aware of the tactics and ploys used by the more astute and experienced among message board posters who sort of live their lives vicariously through this preposterous machine. I can recognize them within (usually) three posts. I certainly don't deny them their right to invest themselves so fully in the detachment that is this sort of forum but I don't follow the same sort of guideline when I post in a forum like this. I don't suggest my point of view is better. It's simply different.

That said, I've intentionally held back during this entire Jacinto train wreck. Even when "Kidbro" posted his initial pseudo obituary I qualified my condolence with "if indeed this is true, I offer..." I smelled a rat then and had to nearly tape my fingers together to not applaud "Buddyboy" in a written post at that thread he created as he fended off abusive remarks by a myriad of detractors. I remained out of it in deference to my new status. I'd like to think we're all on equal footing somehow (at least those of us who're honest about who and what we are). Perhaps things would be best served by my posting a new and seperate thread to this effect but I think each one of the people I've come to know and, in some cases respect, on this board has something valid to offer. As in the real world there are some with whom I feel no commonality and some I can tell I'd care not to know. Nonetheless it's the diversity of this thing that makes it work. The only thing I cannot brook is unbridled unkindness or mean-spirited retort purely to elicit a sensationalist response. That's where I'll back off and retreat.

In these three short months I've made a few nice contacts through pm and I'd like to continue to enjoy chatting back and forth without turning into a sceptic. So far I've been able to do so. It's in the spirit of that sentiment that I'd ask that this thing simply go away.

Thanks, Richard

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Freddie53 said:
Moderators are not mediators between two parities who have differences. As members we certainly can. And with the title "moderator" on our avatar, it does give more weight good or bad, depending on your take on it.
You've missed what I meant. I simply meant to say that pulling rank and saying something like 'if I'd have pulled rank he'd have know it' sounds threatening.

I dont' think Mindseye was speaking as a moderator, but as a member which is his right.
In the instance above-referenced I disagree. "Mindseye" and I have covered it nicely however, but thanks.

vinny_spiruccino

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Dr. Dilznick said:
I can't even see myself getting hyped over something like this. However, any publicity is good publicity.

Hmmm. I'm thinking Jana, Lex, DC_DEEP or Pecker. It's best to get a hobby at times like these. I myself enjoy rock climbing.

Well... as tough to the pride as this might be, I lashed out at you in another faker thread, defending the person & not understanding why you were being (what I thought at the the time) an ass.

You all may someday see the day when I punk out, but not today. My BAD Dilz - you were right, & I was wrong. I thought you were a mean-ass jerk just looking to tear people down who made mistakes - but the bottom line - you kept it real. UNLIKE those who at the time I felt like you were attacking. My apologies.

This very issue is what held me back from posting much here for the last few weeks. Part of me says it's really jacked up to lead people to believe things about you only to pull the proverbial rug out from under them & hurt them. Another part says to err is human, but to forgive divine. I don't know... I guess I identify with ALL the posters on this thread thus far to some degree. "Just get over it & move on"... I hear that. But I also recognize that many of you devoted years to a ficticious relationship & have the right to "mourn" if you will. I ALSO recognize that I haven't made nearly the investment that many of you have, so maybe it's best for me to just STFU?

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Stronzo said:
It's not my intent to hyjack this thread but since my arrival here back in December I've noticed an inclination among certain long-term posters - who are immensely invested in posting here - to imply something to the tune of "oh once you get to know us all you'll understand how mistaken you are" or "since you're new you're not quite with the flow of things". It's unmistakably there. Look, I can tell you I didn't just get off the boat at Ellis Island.

I understand this point -- there are a lot of people who lord their longevity here over newer posters. (And I defy you to find a single other example where I've done so.) With regard to this particular issue, there's a tremendous difference between how you'll react if you'd only known Jacinto for a few weeks versus if you'd known him for several years. That is, I see this topic as precisely the sort of topic where the distinction between old members and new members is valid. And screaming "OMFG STFU yawn!" in this thread deserved a response.

I hope that clears things up.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
mindseye said:
I understand this point -- there are a lot of people who lord their longevity here over newer posters. (And I defy you to find a single other example where I've done so.) With regard to this particular issue, there's a tremendous difference between how you'll react if you'd only known Jacinto for a few weeks versus if you'd known him for several years. That is, I see this topic as precisely the sort of topic where the distinction between old members and new members is valid. And screaming "OMFG STFU yawn!" in this thread deserved a response.

I hope that clears things up.

Yes I understand why you took offense.

Indeed mindseye I've never seen you do it before. That's why I was surprised. I find you concise and considered in your responses. And for the record I will tell you that I agree with you that commentary like "yawn" and "OMFG" and "don't feed the troll" are lame and unproductive responses.

But I must add that what I saw as reaction to what "Buddyboy" wrote in his thread exposé was outrageous. Many (who heretofore I'd never have thought so infantile) reduced themselves to accusation and blanket condemnation. I learned a great deal about a great many by observing that thread.

Again, thanks for your response.

Best, Richard

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Freddie53 said:
Are his words of confession true or is it more Bull Shit. I don't know. I dont' think anyone will ever know.

I wanted to remain as transparent as possible and maintain the privacy of our members.

I don't know that it really even matters whether or not he is being honest now. The best thing to do is move on past the slime and stop giving him all this added attention. He may be on these boards right now under a new guise and sucking up all the attention he is getting and having himself a grand old time.

Crap now I've given him attention....willl I never learn?

Hopefully he can move on in his life and get to the next chapter, but I see no reason for any of us to continue being a part of it. DMW hurt many people with his lies and the death lie has no way of being undone or fully forgiven. Far too many tears were shed for him and now he wants to express his regret? Screw that.

Darn--I just gave him more attention. Somebody stop me.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
There has been some feedback on the first segment. Is this man trolling or is he really telling us he is sorry? I hear comments on both sides.

Some want to hear the rest of the story. Some would rather it not be posted. So those who wish to read the rest that I will quote from the e-mail Go ahead and read it all. If you are tired of the whole sordid affair. Then stop reading here and go to another thread.

Your reading the next part indicates that you want to know the rest of the story. You decide.

The next section is about the pictures and the avatar I am quoting this man’s email:

“Now about the pictures: Those I posted in the gallery were me, and that’s why they looked like they belonged to a man in his thirties, and why the face wasn’t included. On of the avatar pictures was also of me when I was in my twenties, and that’s why members have commented that it looks like the picture of a Anglo. The last avatar was a picture of my next door neighbor, who is Cuban. So now you know the scoop on the pictures.”

Here is one line in the middle of a paragraph that I am not posting for privacy reasons:

“I am truly sorry that anyone was hurt or felt betrayed by what I have done.”

This last paragraph is written to me. Since it was written to me I have chosen to post it here:

Again, I am not asking for your forgiveness: under the circumstances, I have no right to ask that of you or expect it. But as I said, I respect you and felt that I owed you an explanation and apology. I’m really sorry for any pain that I might have caused you. It was never my intention to hurt anyone. I think I revealed enough of my inner self on the board to show that I don’t have it in me to be intentionally cruel to people. If you want to share any of this on the board, that’s fine. If nothing else, it reflects my honest feelings. I have a lot of apologizing to do and I have to accept that I’m no longer welcome. That’s my lot.”

That concludes the public posting from the e-mail I received from this man. The entire e-mail is copied on the moderators’ forum, not available to members. I will be leaving town Friday throuigh Sunday. and will be back here on the boards Sunday night or Monday. In the meantime, if the moderators decide to print something further, or make any editorial comment as moderators, that is fine with me. I trust their judgement.

As I said earlier, I gave a choice whether to read the rest or not. Some wanted it and some didn’t. So I assume if you are reading this, you wanted the rest of the story told.

Of course we all know what the word ASSUME means!

I’ll close with this statement. This has been an extremely emotional issue for me. I’ve made up my mind not to be angry, mad, or seek revenge. What this man did is inexcusable. There is nothing to debate about that. However, I can let this fester and change me for the worst. Or I can let it go.

I’m going to let it go. I finally have closure. I hope everyone else can reach closure soon and be able to emotionally move on.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have an issue I'd like to bring up, to no particular person, about free speech. While I know that quite often when someone brings up "SOME older members" they often mean me, other times they go ahead and name me, the facts remain that MY speech is just as free as anyone else's. Until a few days ago, I was a regular member, just like everyone else. Why then was it ever an issue for ME to say how I felt?

Apparently, there are still a lot of people here that think free speech means you have the right to have your feelings go unopposed, and nothing could be further from the truth. YOU have a right to post, in your own words and with your own discernment, anything you feel. OTHERS have exactly as much lattitude to respond. I asked BuddyBoy to get off my dick while I was grieving and let us (yes, the "us" who were upset) to have some peace. It was a human plea, not a MODERATOR demand, as there were no mods at that time. He ignored my plea, as he was free to do. I called in an insensitive bastard, as I was free to do. I didn't say he had no right to be here or that he should leave, I just told him what I thought of his timing. All fair to do. In fact, I took a break, not knowing how all this would play out, I didn't know if I'd came back until I found out the truth.

After I came back, it was only a couple days until I was a mod. I talked with Rob about his decision, since I knew what had just transpired and how it might look to some, be he assured me he wanted me on the team. That's the final answer. This isn't a political office, it's a message board. We aren't elected officials being paid to do a job, we're VOLUNTEERS. I am a member of this board, and unless I am performing a moderator-specific task, like moving a thread or picture to the proper place, my voice carries no more weight than anyone else's. If the best thing you can think of to fling at me is my mod status if you disagree with me, I think that's pretty limp. I'm free to say that.

I have not yet nor do I intend to make an issue of the fact that I'm a mod, in fact I've gone out of my way to welcome some n00bs and offer some apologies since this thing has unraveled, so I'd appreciate being judged as a mod by how I behave as a mod, not by how you're AFRAID I'll behave, okay?
If I pull rank when I shouldn't, feel free to call me on it, but for God's sake, don't accuse me of pulling rank just for speaking my mind! I did NOT give up my right to free speech by becomming a mod, so anyone who thinks that will be eternally frustrated. That is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.