Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
madame_zora said:
If I pull rank when I shouldn't, feel free to call me on it, but for God's sake, don't accuse me of pulling rank just for speaking my mind! I did NOT give up my right to free speech by becomming a mod, so anyone who thinks that will be eternally frustrated. That is all.

Bears repeating.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
fratpack said:
You have voiced your opinion about this subject, and about this thread. If it does not interest you, why do you continue to post? There may be a few members who DO have an interest. It is entirely your prerogative to simply not click on this thread again.

Dr. Dilznick said:
Hmmm. I'm thinking Jana, Lex, DC_DEEP or Pecker. It's best to get a hobby at times like these. I myself enjoy rock climbing.
This is a little confusing for me... I for one have never, in a public post or a PM or an email, referred to you as "Dr. Dildo", unless I was perhaps quoting a troll and calling him to the carpet. I have always enjoyed and respected the vast majority of your posts; a few I have not understood, necessarily, but I do enjoy and appreciate your insight and sarcastic/ironic wit.

For the rest of you who keep posting to say "give it a rest" well, why not just move on to other threads that interest you, and allow other members to read and post on the threads that interest them? Free speech is free speech, but what is your point???

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
DC_DEEP said:
Free speech is free speech, but what is your point???

Precisely, I'll warrant, the same as yours; to be heard.

However the thread's not really about the fictitious "Jacinto" anymore. It's more about the respect of the differences among the legitimate posters. And I find it singularly odd that (for some inexplicable reason) this topic gets renewed attention on nearly a daily basis. **quizical scratching chin emoticon here**

Something's up. I'm not sure what but something is definitely up.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Matthew said:
Bears repeating.

I cannot for the life of me understand why you think it does. It didn't need to be stated in the first place in my opinion. I realize who Janna was refering to when she posted it. Additionally, I explained who I thought was 'pulling rank' and I explained my reasons which were valid. If MZ chose to think I meant her so be it. I didn't. The moderator (mindseye) and I have since come to an understanding of both our intents and we did so quite respectfully. Again (since it 'bears repeating') Janna was not the one I was referencing.

It's beginning to seem like the "mod's club" just now. Is this going to be the prevalent mentality from this point on?

I think it wise all the newly-appointed moderators be mindful that there's a transition period not only for the regular posters but also for you as moderators and yes, perhaps you need to be particularly aware that given these appointments at just this time of upheaval at LPSG you may need to err on the side of caution.

I certainly don't envy you your assignment.

Webster

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Stronzo said:
Yikes. Interesting. I think it's poor form to talk down to any member regardless of his history on the board. It smacks of elitism and condescension. That's what I meant by 'pulling rank'.

As a moderator, of course I'll defer to your better judgment. But in my humble opinion continually rehashing this in the sensational way this is being handled is non-productive. It's a bit like "stay tuned folks and tomorrow will bring another episode in the continuing saga of how pissed off people are that they were fooled by some middle aged guy (is he??) in Louisiana". I stand by that sentiment as evidenced by the nature of all threads regurgitating the "world according to Jacinto's existence".

You're exactly right.
Congratulations, moderators.
The LPSG has once again been hijacked and swept away by the latest SHOCKING news from Jacintoland.

Freddie, you're another moderator whom I liked a lot but now have second thoughts about. Doesn't any of your moderator gang have any common sense?

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Stronzo said:
I cannot for the life of me understand why you think it does. It didn't need to be stated in the first place in my opinion.

Here's why: When I agreed to volunteer as a moderator, I didn't agree to keep my mouth shut on issues I want to speak my mind about, as long as I play by the same rules as everyone else. It's that simple.

It was a general point I wanted to highlight, not having anything in particular to do with you, Stronzo.

But since some people either don't seem to understand or don't agree with that point, I chose to highlight it.

Webster

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Freddie53 said:
There has been some feedback on the first segment. Is this man trolling or is he really telling us he is sorry? I hear comments on both sides.

Some want to hear the rest of the story. Some would rather it not be posted. So those who wish to read the rest that I will quote from the e-mail Go ahead and read it all. If you are tired of the whole sordid affair. Then stop reading here and go to another thread.

Your reading the next part indicates that you want to know the rest of the story. You decide.

The next section is about the pictures and the avatar I am quoting this man’s email:

“Now about the pictures: Those I posted in the gallery were me, and that’s why they looked like they belonged to a man in his thirties, and why the face wasn’t included. On of the avatar pictures was also of me when I was in my twenties, and that’s why members have commented that it looks like the picture of a Anglo. The last avatar was a picture of my next door neighbor, who is Cuban. So now you know the scoop on the pictures.”

Here is one line in the middle of a paragraph that I am not posting for privacy reasons:

“I am truly sorry that anyone was hurt or felt betrayed by what I have done.”

This last paragraph is written to me. Since it was written to me I have chosen to post it here:

Again, I am not asking for your forgiveness: under the circumstances, I have no right to ask that of you or expect it. But as I said, I respect you and felt that I owed you an explanation and apology. I’m really sorry for any pain that I might have caused you. It was never my intention to hurt anyone. I think I revealed enough of my inner self on the board to show that I don’t have it in me to be intentionally cruel to people. If you want to share any of this on the board, that’s fine. If nothing else, it reflects my honest feelings. I have a lot of apologizing to do and I have to accept that I’m no longer welcome. That’s my lot.”

That concludes the public posting from the e-mail I received from this man. The entire e-mail is copied on the moderators’ forum, not available to members. I will be leaving town Friday throuigh Sunday. and will be back here on the boards Sunday night or Monday. In the meantime, if the moderators decide to print something further, or make any editorial comment as moderators, that is fine with me. I trust their judgement.

As I said earlier, I gave a choice whether to read the rest or not. Some wanted it and some didn’t. So I assume if you are reading this, you wanted the rest of the story told.

Of course we all know what the word ASSUME means!

I’ll close with this statement. This has been an extremely emotional issue for me. I’ve made up my mind not to be angry, mad, or seek revenge. What this man did is inexcusable. There is nothing to debate about that. However, I can let this fester and change me for the worst. Or I can let it go.

I’m going to let it go. I finally have closure. I hope everyone else can reach closure soon and be able to emotionally move on.

OH ! Don't stop here.
Let's have a separate Discussion Forum category:
Jacintoland News !! The latest SHOCKING news !!!
You and MZ could take turns cranking it out.

JEEZ..........:rolleyes:

curious n str8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Stronzo said:

However the thread's not really about the fictitious "Jacinto" anymore. It's more about the respect of the differences among the legitimate posters. And I find it singularly odd that (for some inexplicable reason) this topic gets renewed attention on nearly a daily basis. **quizical scratching chin emoticon here**

Could it be he's made other personas and continues too make posts... I beginging to wonder who's who around here who is real and who isn't :wall: :dunno:

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Matthew said:
Here's why: When I agreed to volunteer as a moderator, I didn't agree to keep my mouth shut on issues I want to speak my mind about, as long as I play by the same rules as everyone else. It's that simple.

It was a general point I wanted to highlight, not having anything in particular to do with you, Stronzo.

But since some people either don't seem to understand or don't agree with that point, I chose to highlight it.

Thanks Matthew. I'm sure that'll be helpful. For me, I understood that from the outset.

If you think I feel you (or any in your position) have, somehow, a lesser right to post anything you like - well I can assure you I do not. Please (if my original intent has somehow been lost in all this) reread my original dialogue with "mindseye" and that will clarify the issue to which I took exception.

Thanks, Richard

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Everyone really needs to not read more into one individual post than another. We speak for ourselves unless we let you know that we are speaking for the ownership of the board. Any poster here is free to post what they choose. And any other poster if free to disagree, differ, and/or challenge a post.

The challenge of being a moderator is differentiating when you speak as yourself and when you speak as a moderator. When we speak and have actions as moderators, you will see the red tagline at the top of our posts. Unless you see that, consider me (us) the same old Lex (people) you have always read (for good or bad).

None of us accepted these appointments with the idea that we would become different people (hence the range of personalites, moods, styles among the team). We are, none of us, perfect and we all fall short sometimes.

It's the idea of the whole being more than the sum total of the parts (whether the whole is the Moderator Team or the LPSG community as a group). Tearing each other down (in any form) is counter productive to the community as a whole.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Stronzo said:

Stronzo, I think you MISSED my point in asking fratpack "what is your point?" If a member has an INTEREST in a thread, and wants to READ that thread, and wants to POST on that thread, they are entitled. What I am asking is, if you have no interest, and nothing to contribute, why read and post on that thread at all? When I post, I don't do so just simply to annoy other members. It's extremely rare for me to flame another post - only in cases of excruciatingly obvious trollism. I also save obnoxiously sarcastic posts for the obvious trolls. Otherwise, if I feel I have something to contribute to a thread, I post. If a thread interests me, I read it. If the title of a thread is "Is my 14 inch cock big enough?" I just simply do not bother to click on it. My mouse, my eyes, and my fingers are under my control. No one forces me to participate in threads in which I have no interest. I can't understand why this is a difficult concept. There are people on the board who DO have an interest in Jacintogate. Those who do should read and post. Those who do not should probably refrain from telling anyone else to leave the thread alone.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
DC_DEEP said:
Stronzo, I think you MISSED my point in asking fratpack "what is your point?" If a member has an INTEREST in a thread, and wants to READ that thread, and wants to POST on that thread, they are entitled. What I am asking is, if you have no interest, and nothing to contribute, why read and post on that thread at all? When I post, I don't do so just simply to annoy other members. It's extremely rare for me to flame another post - only in cases of excruciatingly obvious trollism. I also save obnoxiously sarcastic posts for the obvious trolls. Otherwise, if I feel I have something to contribute to a thread, I post. If a thread interests me, I read it. If the title of a thread is "Is my 14 inch cock big enough?" I just simply do not bother to click on it. My mouse, my eyes, and my fingers are under my control. No one forces me to participate in threads in which I have no interest. I can't understand why this is a difficult concept. There are people on the board who DO have an interest in Jacintogate. Those who do should read and post. Those who do not should probably refrain from telling anyone else to leave the thread alone.

No, I got the point you were making DC Deep. It's just that it's kinda like a bad accident; try as you will it's tough to look away.

BuddyBoy

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Matthew said:
Something I've seen over the years, and I'm guilty of it myself, it the belief that Moderators should be held to a higher standard of conduct.

Now, in a way that's true, but the standard of conduct is measured by observance to the terms of service, not by the manner in which they express themselves in a discussion.

Would it be nice if they were more polite, respectful and articulate? Yes, of course, but that applies to each and every one of us.

As long as they don't violate the terms of service, I don't think moderators need be held to any higher standard then anyone else.

Just my nOOb opinion.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Stronzo said:
No, I got the point you were making DC Deep. It's just that it's kinda like a bad accident; try as you will it's tough to look away.
Granted... but don't expect any sympathy from me toward those who can't look away, and condemn the other onlookers. Some of these guys end up sounding like "gee, it really hurts when I hit my head with this hammer, and I've been doing it all day every day now for 6 weeks." Uh, either stop with the hammer, or don't complain, is all I'm saying. The ones who keep telling others to give it up, let it rest, etc ad nauseum need to take a loading dose of their own advice.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
BuddyBoy said:
Something I've seen over the years, and I'm guilty of it myself, it the belief that Moderators should be held to a higher standard of conduct.

Now, in a way that's true, but the standard of conduct is measured by observance to the terms of service, not by the manner in which they express themselves in a discussion.

Would it be nice if they were more polite, respectful and articulate? Yes, of course, but that applies to each and every one of us.

As long as they don't violate the terms of service, I don't think moderators need be held to any higher standard then anyone else.

Just my nOOb opinion.

Man, do you ever get the golden banana for that one.

This had been my complaint for a very long time- people expect me to hold myself to a far higher standard than they'd EVER hold themselves.

As for respectful, polite and articulate, those things are given when received. It's fair to WISH for them, but not to demand them when they are not due.

For clarification purposes, someome could be as sweet as pie while they say something like "It's okay dearie, I really wouldn't expect a girl to understand" or "I don't dislike you just because I think your race is fouling up MY bloodline", and being "nice" doesn't make the things being said any less horrible. I don't do that. I say what I mean, how I mean it. If someone thinks I'm rude, that's okay, but they can't call me dishonest.

I see being honest as a sign of respect, but if someone else does not, and prefers being pleasant, we will likely not make friends. I'd personally prefer and honest "fuck off and die" to a polite "When you really think about it, can you honestly say your comprehension of the reality as a whole is sufficient to warrant such a response?". Flowery language doesn't make a clearer point, it's just flowery language.

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
BuddyBoy said:
Not a bad belief. Rob entrusted us with a job to do, but you're entrusting us as well. As moderators, we can see your e-mail and date of birth, even if you've chosen to hide that information from the public, and you're placing a trust in us to respect that confidentiality. If we behave in a way that causes members to question that trust, then that's not good for the board.

On the other hand, that shouldn't require us to be tongue-tied archangels of diplomacy 24/7 either. If that standard you set is so high that it keeps us from being human, then I'd agree that's an unreasonable expectation. Dehumanizing the moderators leads to form-letter behavior like you'd get from AOL's customer service (ack, ptui!)

fittnesshemale

Cherished Member
Media
why would someone do something like that ...so sad and pathetic what a dramaqueen i know, i dont know anyone here ..im shy but i really feel 4u all being lied to and played that way ..im lacking of words ...ignore him if he feel bad now good let him do that all by himself , ooh and another thing im Sasha and im shy but im starting to feel at home here hope to get to know you all
Sasha

Status
Not open for further replies.