Status
Not open for further replies.

BuddyBoy

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
mindseye said:
Not a bad belief. Rob entrusted us with a job to do, but you're entrusting us as well. As moderators, we can see your e-mail and date of birth...
Wait, does this mean I get birthday presents? And Hallmark e-cards! Wheeeeee!

taven

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Placebo,

I was upset for days over Jacinto's demise. Now that I know you are still around, I'm relieved. There was a lot in your posts that I found valuable, and if you stick around I bet there will be more of equal value in the future. I tend to try to refrain from judging other harshly as I'm too busy pulling the logs out of my own eyes...so to speak. Anyway, I hope you'll be around on a regular basis.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hi,

I too am a moderator. I really have to say that from my bird's eye view, that the people who accepted Rob's request to become moderators and those who did not, made their decisions truly reflecting upon whether or not they felt they could make a positive difference on the board.
I have been amazed by the sheer variety and volume of work that goes into being a moderator. In the past few weeks, a number of very challenging and sensitive issues have hit the board. I think the corporate body of this board are feeling the effects. I truly do not think that the new members of the moderator's board feel any Olympian privilege arising from these appointments. We do however each have our own personalities and manners of expression. I know it probably hasnt seemed like it in the last few weeks ,but the name of this group does still have the word "support" in it. I happen to think that does not only go for those with abundant endowment issues. WE may have some rocky days in front of us, but please can we attempt to extend to each other a modicum of courtesy. IF each of us "moderates" ourselves, then perhaps the "moderators" will be able to spend more time helping LPSG be a wonderful place for all of its members.
Thanks for listening.

Naughty

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
DC_DEEP said:
Granted... but don't expect any sympathy from me toward those who can't look away, and condemn the other onlookers..
Don't expect any nor do I require it. I'm a big boy. And last I'd read I'd seen no condemnation on this thread.... not this thread anyway....

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
mindseye said:
As moderators, we can see your e-mail and date of birth, even if you've chosen to hide that information from the public

All the more reason to create free throwaway email addresses and make shit up. Which, of course, anyone with a lick of sense does.

curious n str8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I think it's time everyone give the Mod's a break their only human, its a job I wouldn't want. And some of the Mods need to get a thicker skin :rolleyes:

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Stronzo said:
Don't expect any nor do I require it. I'm a big boy. And last I'd read I'd seen no condemnation on this thread.... not this thread anyway....
Why are you subtly and politely attacking me? I was simply asking why fratpack (and a couple of others) posted several times to 1)direct others to stop posting on this thread, and 2) repeatedly tell the rest of us he had no interest in the thread. I would call that condemnation. I never said that the condemnation was from you.

Post Script: I'm still waiting for answer from the two I originally addressed my post to... Stronzo, you've done quite enough on their behalf already, please let them reply.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
DC_DEEP said:
Why are you subtly and politely attacking me?
I wasn't. I was simply answering you in kind. 'No sympathy for those who cannot look away'?? Don't go all innocent on me dude.

I was simply asking why fratpack (and a couple of others) posted several times to 1)direct others to stop posting on this thread, and 2) repeatedly tell the rest of us he had no interest in the thread. I would call that condemnation. I never said that the condemnation was from you.
I didn't say you did but your intent was clear.

Post Script: I'm still waiting for answer from the two I originally addressed my post to... Stronzo, you've done quite enough on their behalf already, please let them reply.

No way José. You've got your nerve attempting to qualify/limit my (or anyone else's) responses. Waaaaay out of bounds.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Webster said:
Congratulations, moderators.
The LPSG has once again been hijacked and swept away by the latest SHOCKING news from Jacintoland.

Freddie, you're another moderator whom I liked a lot but now have second thoughts about. Doesn't any of your moderator gang have any common sense?

Glad to know yoy once liked me a lot. I had two reasons for going ahead a posting his e-mail. One I felt that sooner or later this would be here and I wanted to get it over with adn I knew some really wanted to here what that man had to say. He has said it. He has had his day in this kangaroo court.

I will be out two days. I hope all the posting about him will be over bv then. I hope I will regain your confidence in the ensuing days. No one is perfect. We do and we learn and hopefully we will do better as time goes on.

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Ok, I am out of the country right now, so I am not on the computer much and was totally surprised to see this be posted publically. I knew that the "the person formerally known as Jacinto" had admitted what he had done, but I was not sure when it would be made public knowledge. I had been in contact with a Mod in which I had waged a long standing public battle and she apologized to me because of this. I appreciated her honesty for admitting that she was wrong. I explained to her that I had a gut feeling all along that things just didn't add up and why and she told me the reasons why she believed. We've had some good dialogue. I feel very sorry for the people this troll has duped. He's done a good job of it, he was very believeable. I just had a lot of questions and searched long and hard to get answers and there were not any. Unfortunately, when Dee and I first started doing so, we got attacked, then Buddy Boy did the same, with the same results. However, I hope that this will just show that none of us meant to be mean spirited about it, it was just that we had a lot of questions that couldn't be answered. Jokingly, I would say that apologies will be accepted ;)

It's not a statement of anyone's character that they feel into the story. It was easy to do. He was definitely a charismatic poster and I am sure that it was his whole mode of operation. Anyway, what is done is done. It's time to move on. I'm just glad that the truth is out in the open!

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Preps post was the last one that I read. I am going to lock this thread as I believe everyone has had a chance to respond. All are in agreement it is time to move on.

And thanks Prep for your gracious statement. I think it is fitting that it be the last I hope.

It is not helping us to continue this discussion. I realize that now.

Thanks for all your input. I do listen to what you say and value your opinioins very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.