Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
He was born in Rome, but he's not Italian. His parents were American diplomatic service and he's descended from Irish and Scandi roots. The family moved back to Seattle when he was a kid and he spent his entire life there (including University) until he moved to LA to pursue acting. So its pretty unlikely he's uncut given he's an American born in the early 70s, regardless of his being born in Italy.

hotbtminla

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
No one said he was Italian. Italy is not big on circumcision.

Correct, but America in 1971 was big on it and it would have been very unusual if his parents didn't have him circumcised simply because he was born in an Italian hospital. I only brought it up because his birthplace was first mentioned in the context on whether or not he's cut; I was offering more specific info on his background to clear up the Rome/Seattle confusion. :smile:

Regardless, Joel is hella hot and a great guy.

cocktaste

Superior Member
Media
Chadds Ford Township, PA, United States of America
Correct, but America in 1971 was big on it and it would have been very unusual if his parents didn't have him circumcised simply because he was born in an Italian hospital. I only brought it up because his birthplace was first mentioned in the context on whether or not he's cut; I was offering more specific info on his background to clear up the Rome/Seattle confusion. :smile:

Regardless, Joel is hella hot and a great guy.

I want to jump his bone, or at least feel his crotch!:tongue:

hotbtminla

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Check the Internet Movie Database (IMDB). It shows his birthplace as Seattle.

Unfortunately, IMDB isn't one of the more unreliable sources out there. It's entirely user-generated, like Wikipedia, but lacks standards, safeguards or moderators to ensure what it says is accurate.

rmf3500-

Just Browsing
Media
His E-online bio also says Seattle. Since this is where he works, I assume he would of corrected any errors by now.

hotbtminla

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
His E-online bio also says Seattle. Since this is where he works, I assume he would of corrected any errors by now.

Sigh. :smile:

The bio is accurate. It says he's from Seattle. I say I'm from New York, because that's where I grew up. But I wasn't born there.

Here's a recent interview with him that will hopefully put the confusion to bed.

Actor loves dishing on 'The Soup' : TV and Radio : Knoxville News Sentinel

"Born in Rome, Italy, but raised in Seattle, McHale..."