Earth on the Brink

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Earth on the Brink of an Ice Age - Pravda.Ru

Thought this was an interesting article about the possible coming of the Ice Age. I'd like to open up a debate regarding this article, as there seems to be two camps; the global warming caused by man people, and the natural cycles of the earth people (of which I am a part of).

And just to stay in character; 2012 motherfukers!!!!!!!

dongalong

Mythical Member
Media
I'm sure that the carbon tax will soon be replaced soon by an "Ice age tax"

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/06/080609124551.htm
NASA - What's Wrong with the Sun?

It's interesting to see that sun spot activity has been decreasing since 2001 and also, is it a coincidence that the last economic recession was at the same time as the last low sun spot activity period?

The last mini ice age seemed to occur because sunspot activity was low for a much longer than normal period and also volcanic activity at that time didn't help.

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I thought that the causes of global warming would eventually cause the ice age, the same things that cause warming will eventually block out light and stop evaporation effect and cool down the oceans which eventually cool the planet. I doubt we can have anywhere near the effect that a super volcano will have on our atmosphere.

B_Artful Dodger

Experimental Member
Media
The people who do not believe that human activity is dramatically effecting climate change are deranged.
It is true that the earth cycles through warmer and colder periods, such as the medieval cold period and the "mini ice-age" of the victorian era, but global warming in modern times is so far off the scale, it is plain to any idiot that it does not follow the pattern that the rest of millions of years of history shows as normal.:mad:

jakeatolla

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Hell, some scientists were warning of this back in the late 70's .
Nothing new, but it make's Fat Boy Gore look rather silly.

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
global warming has been going on since the last ice age, for roughly 18,000 years...we're definately due for an ice age, and a couple earthquakes and supervolcanoes too...

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Some people say we're in an ice age right now. Most of the time earth is much hotter.

Some theories say ice ages are caused by asteroids hitting the earth and kicking up dust.