Earthbound

Discussion in 'Fictitious Stories' started by CeleSTiaLFuRY, May 13, 2005.

1. CeleSTiaLFuRY

CeleSTiaLFuRY New Member

Lying in the hammock, she stared at the ceiling of the crew quarters. She could hear a baby crying and its mother trying to comfort it. She could smell the pungent metallic scent of electricity. Everything was black, save for the cool green glow of the lights on the far wall signifying that life-support and climate control were operating within acceptable parameters. Sitting next to the door she could barely make out a lone figure, sitting up-right on the floor, head held high, staring blankly into the darkness of the room.
    ‘It must be Fee’an.’
    She smiled. Since she was very little, Fee’an had always been there for her.
    ‘I wish he would stop trying to protect me all the time. I’m grown up now; I can take care of myself. He should be worrying about himself, not me.’
    She sat up in the hammock, and then shifted her weight sideways, sliding out of it. Slowly she walked over towards Fee’an, navigating her way through a sea of hammocks. When she reached him, she paused for a second.
    “Fee’an?”
    No response. She knelt down in front of him. His eyes were closed.
    ‘He’s asleep. He looks so peaceful. Totally opposite from what he’s like when he’s awake. What’s this?’
    A tear had rolled down his cheek.
    ‘I guess even people like Fee’an have nightmares. I wish I new what exactly made him cry though, then I could make sure that he never had to cry again.’
    She touched his cheek. It was cold and rough. She began to trace the scar that ran his ear to his mouth with her finger.
    ‘He got this trying to protect me.’

‘Where am I?’
    The sun burned down on the barren land.
    ‘Why did I have to follow that rodent? It was so cute, but now I’m lost.’
    She slipped and fell down the rocky slope. She hit her head on a rock.
    “Owwww!”
    Her eyes were closed but she could tell that somebody, or something, was standing over her. She could feel the coolness of a shadow over her body. She slowly opened her eyes and saw two figures standing over her.
    ‘Gourrack! They are gonna kill me!’
    “Eirrinn!”
    “Where are you?”
    The two Gourrack turned their heads to the sounds of the people looking for her. Eirinn wanted to warn them of the Gourrack, but she was so scared she couldn’t say anything.
    “Eirinn!”
    A figure climbed up the hill and into view.
    ‘Ubaas!’
    She was still unable to say anything out loud, but it was Ubaas. Ubaas was the Chief Security Officer of the Resilience. He was the best warrior on the entire ship.
    One of the Gourrack tried to fire an Ion Cannon at Ubaas, but before it could fire, it was engulfed in flames. Ubaas let out a mighty yell and charged the other one. Suddenly Eirinn felt a pair of hands clasp around her bicep.
    “Eirinn!”
    ‘Fee’an!’
    “We should go now. Come on!”
    “What about your father?”
    “He’ll be alright. He is my father after all.”
    They ran and ran, and ran some more. They could here Ubaas fighting the Gourrack as they ran for the camp.

A tear rolled down her cheek.
    ‘It’s my entire fault. If I hadn’t have gotten lost, Fee’an would still have his father.’
    She slowly pulled her hand from his face.
    ‘Fee’an, I’m sorry.’

2. CeleSTiaLFuRY

CeleSTiaLFuRY New Member

Eirinn blinked as the piecing glow of the artificial lights reflecting off the clean, white walls came into view. She hated this place. The Meditation Chambers were always clean; no dirt, no revealed wire exposing the blue fiery sparks of electricity. There was absolutely nothing here, just emptiness, surrounded by four white walls.
    “Why do I have to come here everyday? Can’t I take a break once in a while?”
    The old woman next to her began to speak slow and rhythmically, her voice as crackly as her weathered skin.
    “You are training to be the High Priestess of Mishki. You are the only person who can lead us to our home world, but you need the assistance of the Gods to do so. Besides, it gets you away from that monster Fee’an.”
    “What about Fee’an? I’ve never met anyone more kind than him. I don’t understand why I can’t be around him. Sure he’s sad all the time, but both his parents did die.”
    “He is a child of Gra, the Goddess of Death. You are a servant of Mishki, the God of Life. It’s best that you stay away from that boy, he may have no desire to do so, but he is bound by fate to leave a trail of chaos and destruction in his wake.”
    Eirinn took a deep breath, the frustration getting to an unbearable point.
    “How do you know he’s a child of Gra? Has she come and told you directly?”
    “Not directly, but there are signs.”
    “What signs?”
    “Do you know how his parents died?”
    “Yes! His father died fighting the Gourrack! His father died trying to protect me!”
    “What about his mother?”
    Eirinn sat quite. Fee’an had never told her anything about his mother.
    ‘Has he been hiding something from me? Or is this some trick of the old crone standing next to me?’
    She stood quite and attentive at what the old woman had to say. Her long black hair being blown around by the draft created by the Air Supply Purification System, she turned her head to face the old woman.
    “He killed his mother.”
    A surge of horror ran through Eirinn.
    ‘That can’t be true!’
    “It wasn’t intentional mind you. But it was necessary for a life to be taken from this world, to bring him into it. The taint of Gra reeks heavily on him.”
    Eirinn’s heart felt like somebody had taken a Thermal-Blade to it and left it there. She wanted to cry.
    ‘That’s why he is always sad. That’s why he cries. I wish he had told me, and then I could have at least held him in my arms. That’s the best thing for crying, being held in somebody’s arms. But is it really true?’

She had a hard time meditating. She couldn’t take her mind off the fact that Fee’an had never known his mother, and only had his dad. Ubaas wasn’t the most comforting person there was, but he was the only person Fee’an had.

3. CeleSTiaLFuRY

CeleSTiaLFuRY New Member

The metal was cold in his hands. He could hear the echoes of his blade parrying the aggressive assault of his opponent. A faint smile was painted upon his face giving him an almost demonic appearance.
    ‘He should have beaten me by now. He does have the advantage after all.’
    The enemy had thrust, loosing his balance for just a moment. But that should be enough to take him out. Fee’an ducked and stepped forward in one graceful motion, pulling the blade with him, under his opponents arm and towards the chest.
    ‘I can’t believe I’m blindfolded and he still can’t take me out. He must be toying with me. Guess I gotta kill his ego.’
    Spots on his hand suddenly felt warm.
    ‘Blood. I made contact.’
    There was a sudden weight on his blade, as the adversary tried to flip over him, using the blade as a fulcrum.
    ‘That isn’t going to save you.’
    Fee’an dropped his blade and spun around.
    “Match: Fee’an.”
    The two stood like a statue of some ancient Titans locked in an eternal battle; Fee’an holding the opponent’s arms behind him, the inactive Thermal-Blade to the enemy’s neck, gripped by Fee’an’s prehensile tail.
    “Fee’an, could you go easy on my students for once?”
    “This is what real battle is like though. No matter how good you think you are, there is always somebody better. He underestimated me, and thus sealed his fate.”
    He let go of the student, and removed the blindfold from his face. As his eyes came into focus, he could see the young Pa’nari kneeling on the ground, clutching his stomach as a thick, crimson fluid dripped from his hands. The boy was panting, trying to catch his breath. Fee’an pulled his Thermal-Blade from his tail, and turned it on. The blood on it turned from red to black, as the water inside of it quickly evaporated. Then the powdery blackness disappeared as it was burnt off. He turned it off. All in one fluid motion; he pulled his cloak open, and sheathed the blade.
    ‘He’ll have that scar forever, but it will serve as a reminder to always be on his best guard.’
    He turned around and walked out of the room.

4. CeleSTiaLFuRY

CeleSTiaLFuRY New Member

‘I need to find Fee’an. He’s usually down here.’
    Deep in the cargo hold, the creaks and bumps of the old ship were more audible than in the rest of it.
    “No…”
    She had walked into a dead end. The containers of supplies formed a kind of maze and it was easy to get lost. She turned around and went back to the last place where the path turned into two directions.
    ‘How is it that Fee’an never gets lost down here?’
    She turned left and went down that way.
    ‘Is it true that his mother died giving birth to him?’
    “Not again!”
    It was another dead end. She turned around and was about to go back, but she suddenly stopped. Standing in front of her was the most beautiful woman she had ever seen. Her skin was as white as a fresh layer of snow on the ground. Her hair was as black as the barren blackness of space. Her eyes a sharp and piercing gray. She wore white robes that flowed onto the floor. Eirinn stood dumbfounded.
    ‘I’ve never seen her on this ship before.’
    “I’m not normally on this ship.”
    This strange woman’s voice was beautiful. Like a bird singing its song to herald the rise of the golden sun.
    ‘What is she on this ship for?’
    “I’m here to warn you.”
    ‘Is she reading my mind?’
    “Knowing the thoughts or mortals is one of my many powers. So, you might as well speak out loud, I know everything about you; what you were, what you are, and what you will be.”
    “Wh-who are you?”
    “I am known by many names. Your people call me Gra, the Goddess of Death.”
    ‘Is my time over? I always hoped I’d live a little longer.’
    A faint smile spread across the woman’s face.
    “I’m not here to kill you child. All must join my ranks in time; however, today is not your day to die. As I said before, I’m her to warn you. And speak up! It’s rude to hide things from others, even when they are only thoughts.”
    Eirinn gulped. It felt like there was a lump in her throat. She felt helpless. This creature knew her every thought and had appeared from nowhere. There was only one thing left to do: listen to what she had to say.
    “What are you here to warn me about?”
    “You are the Priestess of Mishki, which will lead your people back to their lost home world of Earth. The Gourrack have heard of the legend, and decided to have you lead THEM to Earth.”
    “Why would they want Earth?”
    “Both the Gourrack and your people are decedents of a species that called itself humanity.”
    Eirinn stood awestruck. She knew that her people had evolved from humans, but she had no idea that the Pa’nari and the Gourrack had a common ancestry.
    “You Pa’nari are descendent from the humans who left Earth first. They were driven off by the ancestors of the Gourrack. They know of their history but not much else. While you Pa’nari preserved the literature, art, and culture of humans, the Gourrack destroyed it. Their ancestors created a government that demanded absolute conformity. They burnt books and art. They genetically engineered their people to do certain jobs better than others. They made the recreational use of psychoactive chemicals legal and encouraged their people to have recreation sex. All of this; an attempt to make their people into happy and obedient citizens. They did create a social utopia, but nobody had free will, and they still managed to make Earth inhospitable. So they were forced to leave.”
    “But if Earth was made incapable of supporting life, why do they want to go back?”
    “I didn’t say it was incapable of supporting life. There were some simple organisms that were still able to survive, like bacteria and viruses. It has been several million years since they left. It has been enough time for plants and some animals to have evolved on it. Earth is now something that your ancestors could never have imagined in their wildest dreams. The planet the Gourrack live on right now is dying. They need someplace else to go. And Earth would be the only planet left that could support Carbon-based humanoid life forms, that isn’t already inhabited.”
    “Why don’t they simply take a planet from another race?”
    “Because the Gourrack are cowards. If they attacked another planet, the Galactic Council would declare war on them. You Pa’nari have no planet of your own, and survive by raiding other planets. The Galactic Council has labeled your species as Pirates. So, if the Gourrack attacked the Pa’nari, the Galactic Council would support them and even aid them.”
    Eirinn understood that Gra spoke the truth. It all made sense.
    “I knew this would happen. That is why Fee’an was sent to the plane of existence; to protect you. Take this dagger, it will help protect you.”
    Gra held Eirinn’s hand for a moment and then let go, leaving a small dagger made of a blackened bone in Eirrin’s small hands.
    “Thank you.”
    Eirinn bowed her head and began to stare at her feet.
    ‘So Fee’an IS a child of Gra.”
    “One thing I don’t understand is; why are you helping us?”
    There was no response. Eirinn looked up. The only thing in front of her was a freestanding mirror.
    ‘Was that real? Am I going crazy? Did I just have a conversation with my reflection?’
    She soon realized the answers to these questions when she looked into her hand and found a small, black dagger made of bone.

5. CeleSTiaLFuRY

CeleSTiaLFuRY New Member

He walked through the halls of the ship: each stride, full of strength and purpose.
    ‘Something’s wrong. I don’t know what it is, but I just know that I need to find Eirinn.’
    He came to an intersection and turned right. We started to pick up his pace to a jog.
    ‘‘Always listen to your gut feelings.’ That’s what father use to say. ‘They never guide you wrong.’ I need to find her.’
    He picked his pace up again. Now he was at a full on run. People jumped out of his way.
    ‘She must be in the cargo hold. For some reason she thinks I like to hang out there.’
    He arrived in the vast cargo hold. Mountains of containers and antiques littered the room. Off in the distance he could hear somebody talking.
    “Wh-who are you?”
    ‘Is somebody trying to hurt Eirinn? She must be over there!’
    He rushed into that direction but didn’t hear anything for a while. Finally he found her. She was standing in front of an old mirror.
    “What are you here to warn me about?”
    Her eyes were intense and focused, like she was listening to somebody, but all that was there was an old mirror.
    ‘What is going on? Is there something wrong with her?’
    “Why would they want Earth?”
    She stood staring at the mirror for a while. Fee’ an just stood there, dumb founded. He couldn’t decide if Eirinn was going crazy or if there was really somebody there.
    ‘All I can see is a mirror and her. But she is acting like there is somebody there.’
    “But if Earth was made incapable of supporting life, why do they want to go back?”
    “Eirinn. What’s going on? Who’s there?”
    There was no response from her.
    ‘It’s like she’s in another world.’
    He took a step toward her, but then stopped when she opened her mouth.
    “Why don’t they simply take a planet from another race?”
    ‘What is she talking about?’
    She reached out her hands and held them there for a moment. She then brought them back. It seemed to Fee’an that she was now holding something in her hands, it was black and it contrasted greatly with Eirinn’s fair skin.
    “Thank you.”
    Her head hung and started staring at her feet.
    “One thing I don’t understand is; why are you helping us?”
    She lifted her head again and stared at the mirror. She had a look that was a combination of confusion and fright. She stood there staring for a little bit, then looked in her hands at the black object.
    “Eirinn!”
    She lifted and turned her head towards Fee’an. She had a dazed look on her face. Fee’an ran towards her, but just as he reached her there was a great tremor in the hull of the ship. Everything: the boxes, the antiques, and both Eirinn and Fee’an were thrown into the air. Fee’an grabbed Eirinn and as they fell side-ways, they became aware of the blinking crimson emergency lights. They seemed like the fiery lights of Hell about to claim them as they plunged into certain doom.

6. CeleSTiaLFuRY

CeleSTiaLFuRY New Member

Their faces were strange and alien, yet at the same time familiar. They looked like Pa’nari, but there were things very different about them. First, they had no tails. Their skin was the color of copper, not the pale color Fee’an was use to. Their hair was many different colors; red, brown, black, yellow, and gold. Not the typical black of his people. Their eyes lacked the luminescent glow of compound retinas. In addition they had no fangs.
    Their cloths too were very strange. They were bright in color and possessed a perfection that made them seem manufactured rather than the imperfect look of being made with the love and passion of an organics hands. These cloths also seemed to hardly cover their bodies, at least, compared to the cloths that the Pa’nari wore.
    ‘Who are they? WHAT are they?’
    They were walking across a long, wide stretch of land, black and hard with strange yellow and white markings on it. There was another piece of this strange looking land that intersected the first, making a cross shape. Outlining these, slightly elevated above, were blocks of a strange grey stone. It looked too perfect, artificial. The figures seemed to stay on this artificial stone and the parts of the black ground with the yellow marks. At each corner of the manufactured stone were thin monoliths that shone lights in three colors; red, yellow, green. Moving on the black ground, parallel to the figures walking on the yellow markings and stopped behind the white lines perpendicular, were large metal objects that seemed to breathe fire for smoke was coming out of metal tubes in the rear of them.
    ‘What’s going on?’
    He stood there staring in disturbed wonder. Time suddenly seemed to speed up around him. It stayed the same to him, but around him it accelerated. These strange figures going about their lives and routines. The lights on the monoliths shifting colors; red, yellow, green. The metal object moving and stopping depending on the colors that shone on the monoliths; red, yellow, green. Large buildings towering above him, cold and barren. He saw a small girl being held in her mother’s arms, smiling.
    Suddenly he was blinded by a bright light. When the light faded he beheld a very different vision. The metal objects lay old and rusted, not moving. The monoliths were lying upon the ground. The buildings that a moment ago towered above him now lay in ruins. In his shock he jumped back.
    ‘Ack!’
    He caught his weight. He had tripped over something. He looked at the ground. The bent down and picked up the object that he had tripped over. It was almost spherical, at least at the top. At the bottom it became more of boxed shape. It was a dirty white. In his hands it seemed small.
    ‘It belongs to a child’
    He held the skull in his hand. His knees felt weak. His arms began to shake. Suddenly his he felt somebody’s hand on his cheek, cold and leathery, but at the same time it possessed a soft and caring quality, like the hands of a mother. He heard a strange yet comforting voice saying something, but it seemed distant and he could not make out the words.

His eyes opened. Before him was a face, reptilian. Its skin was green. Its eyes were large and yellow with thin slits running vertically down the middle. A small mouth and two small holes for a nose.
    “It was just a bad dream. Calm down.”
    It would be more reasonable to say that it hissed the words, rather than said them. It was dressed in pale blue robes.
    Fee’an lay there damp with sweat. The lights in the room were bright. The air was warm and humid. He turned his head. Eirinn was standing on his other side, smiling at him. Fee’an smiled back. She was safe. He had not failed in his duties.
    ‘She is safe.’

7. pervasiveone

pervasiveone Active Member

Albums:
    <scratches head>

yummm yeah.. right.. ok

:eyes:

8. Squirtgun

Squirtgun New Member

...what the...????

9. zboy1981

zboy1981 New Member

What is this? I don&#39;t get it&#33; Why are you doing this?

10. Dude!

Dude! New Member

it doesn&#39;t say what kind of ficticious story you have to write, you know...

Draft saved Draft deleted