Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I hope all are well and safe, but frankly, I think the Brits need a bit of shaking up. Such a complacent lot, (as with Americans!).
It's probably the only bit of excitement some will get.
It was 5.3 on the Richter scale.No serious injuries reported and not much damage.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I hope all of our England based members are well and that damage was minimal.

I was just nodding off when things started vibrating...just a tiny bit and for less than a minute. Had I already been asleep I wouldn't have noticed at all I don't expect. It was a little surreal for a few seconds, like an overloaded washing machine causing vibration but silent so I figured it must have been a small quake or a tremor!

The poor guy who had his chimney come through his roof...could have been fatal, he was lucky, as is the UK in being so...rock solid (geologically speaking at least)!

Labionica

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I was in the chat room here when it happened, at about 1am i think. My first reaction was (im very dramatic) is it a poltergeist or my recently deceased brother doing what he always did to me - tormenting me and freaking me out! imagine my disappointment when I found out it was an earthquake.
My sofa was shaking violently or about 30 seconds, something like that, but most people here seem to be ok.
We just needed that bit of excitement here in the UK

Rugbypup

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
With any luck the UK is experiencing a crust weak spot like in Yellowstone. Hopfully, the lava will destroy Birmingham 1st, closly followed by Basingstoke, lol.

On a more serious note, it's a very rare thing in the UK and i'm glad no one was killed. Nothing in the UK is built to withstand a quake and at 5.whatever, it could have been a lot worse.

tyke

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
There are a lot of minor fault lines around the country so we get about 200 tremors a year here in the UK, most if not all are hardly noticable & only recorded by the monitoring labs.
A big one (well big for here) comes along every 15 to 20 yrs.

B_stanmarsh14

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay