B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
There have been 14 earthquakes, in the Tijauana region of
Mexico, in the last 15 hours, ranging from 2.6 to 5.0 on
the richter scale.
One of my friends,part of our "lpsg family," lives in that area.
If you have a spare minute,perhaps you can say a prayer, for
sedated, and his partner,he says it's been very scary for them
while this seismic activity, has been going on.
Thank you all, who can spare a prayer.
Latest Earthquakes in the World - Past 7 days

M

Mr Ed in Mass

Sorry to hear abou,t whats happening in your area,I will say
some prayers for you.
Good luck in your new place,I hope you and your partner, will be safe.
Mr. Ed in Mass.

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I just thought I'd give a reality check to those who don't experience earthquakes regularly. 5.0 isn't all that big. A 5.0 will rattle your house and shake things on the shelves and make book cases shake, but generally nothing falls off of them. You kind of get rattled (nervous) because you definitely feel it. When 5.0s happen in a cluster like this it's disconcerting because you never know if you're building up to "the big one."

And anything over 5.0 can cause damage but 5.0 is on the lower end and the damage at that end is usually insignificant. Remember that these numbers are in magnitude, so the further up you go on the scale, the power increases exponentially, not linearly.

In summation, so far these earthquakes aren't that big.

I'll pray for them because, well, you never know what could happen during a cluster like this. It could be a build up. Most often it's just a string of 5.0s and smaller aftershocks. It's the fault letting loose of some of its tension and it could settle the fault for a while, so it could be a positive thing, really.

If you hear about anything 6.0 and over, then you are starting to talk about serious damage. 6.5 or so and you are talking major damage. Loma Prieta in the Bay Area was a 6.9 and Northridge by LA was 6.7 for some perspective. There's only 1.7 in magnitude difference between the Northridge and these 5.0s but really, it's a huge difference.

So, most likely our friends are safe, for now. Let's just pray that the fault has let loose enough tension and that the fault quiets down. (This is the most likely scenario.)

biguy2738

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Sedated, I have no doubt that what you've been experiencing of late has been unsettling and rather scary...I'd most probably be hiding under my bed if I were in your shoes, so I can understand how you must be feeling.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your partner. Keep safe and be strong buddy. I hope that this nightmare comes to an end very quickly.

D_Roland_D_Hay

Account Disabled
Media
Gee guys...earthquake tremors are earthquake tremors...the not knowing what might happen next has got to be stressful. Lets just hope nothing major happens...Sedated.. les deseo el mejor!

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I just thought I'd give a reality check to those who don't experience earthquakes regularly. 5.0 isn't all that big. A 5.0 will rattle your house and shake things on the shelves and make book cases shake, but generally nothing falls off of them. You kind of get rattled (nervous) because you definitely feel it. When 5.0s happen in a cluster like this it's disconcerting because you never know if you're building up to "the big one."

And anything over 5.0 can cause damage but 5.0 is on the lower end and the damage at that end is usually insignificant. Remember that these numbers are in magnitude, so the further up you go on the scale, the power increases exponentially, not linearly.

In summation, so far these earthquakes aren't that big.

That's a significant oversimplification; other factors such as local terrain, season and the quality of construction are also major factors. What may rattle the trophy collection in one place may cause significant damage, property destruction or even death elsewhere. That's a reality check.

I also hope all are well down there, it must be terrifying not knowing if worse is to come.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
There have been 14 earthquakes, in the Tijauana region of
Mexico, in the last 15 hours, ranging from 2.6 to 5.0 on
the richter scale.
One of my friends,part of our "lpsg family," lives in that area.
If you have a spare minute,perhaps you can say a prayer, for
sedated, and his partner,he says it's been very scary for them
while this seismic activity, has been going on.
Thank you all, who can spare a prayer.
Latest Earthquakes in the World - Past 7 days

Prayers given and will be ongoing. :smile:

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Thank you Dong,I really appreciate you saying that.
All I wanted to do, was have some prayers said, to help protect Marco and his partner. I thought it would make him feel better.
Thank you also to avg,for the update,I guess at 6.4 this one is,much more severe Simcha. I hope they're alright.
cigarbabe:saevil:

Mandee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Earthquakes are horrible and must be very stressful. I will be praying for Marco, his partner, and everyone in and around Tijuana. May God be with you.

Rugbypup

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
If they're only small, they must be amazing to experience. I've always wanted to feel a real earthquake. But i can sorta understand how frightening they must be also and i can be a real frady pup at time so you have my thoughts.

Enjoy the power of nature.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Sedated, I wish you and your partner all the best in what must be a time of worry and concern.
I've only experienced one earthquake, a very mild one that was nonetheless frightening because you just didn't know how bad it was going to get.
To live through a series of them, including today's stronger one, must be taking quite a toll.
My thoughts are with you.