EAST coast WEST coast (Lockerroom Nudity)

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by zujmyhezk86, Dec 17, 2010.

1. zujmyhezk86

zujmyhezk86 New Member

I recently moved to LA from NYC and I found a gym in West LA so that I could keep my body in shape. The number 1 thing that i noticed is that guys in general here are extremely comfortable with showing their bodies.

In NYC unless you have a massive dick or on the more senior side of age or simply cruising for action, you most likely will be covered up and that's if you even decide to go to the locker. In LA Gay Straight Black White Asian Latino young and old are simply chilling in the locker naked! in the sauna, naked! in the jacuzzi naked! I was just kind of taken a back by the different Attitudes.

Seeing how natural it is here makes me feel way more comfortable disrobing. It was really more of a bonding experience. Before I only went nude when i was in another country but Californians really don't seem to care.

2. ericbythebay

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    If we don't have a problem with a governor whose done full frontal nudity in several movies (go watch the beginning of Terminator), why would we be prudes in the locker room?

Or it could be that you are in LA, I suspect things are different at the gyms in Imperial or Kern county.

3. hairyjockwla

hairyjockwla Member

Just curious, what gym in WLA is this?

4. MrHangman

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I agree about the east coast thing, except not even the guys with big dicks walk around naked (unless there just are none). It's only the older gentleman.

5. D_Hammond Happydipper

D_Hammond Happydipper Account Disabled

Thats because most of us break our nudity shyness in jail. At lest I did.

Please enjoy the police chases on TV. Thats one thing I am going to miss when I leave on Saturday to Washington.

6. cdog204

Gold Member

Albums:
    I walk around naked and weigh myself naked at the gym all the time, and I'm 27 and I certainly don't have the biggest dick on the planet. It isn't an East/West issue at all. The OP obviously went to a very uptight gym in NYC and now goes to a chill one in LA.

7. zujmyhezk86

zujmyhezk86 New Member

CDOG204, Had you said I go to a gym where people weigh themselves naked and nudity is the norm I would be more inclined to accept the argument but the fact that you just said that YOU do it, doesn't really answer my claim, as one person doesn't necessarily and always reflect the attitudes of the majority.

I understand your point, Not everyone is uptight about the issue in NYC but when you walk into a LA gym you notice the change instantly

8. D_Smeg Suckface

D_Smeg Suckface Account Disabled

i'm always nekkid in the locker room; i like to examine the results of my work out. :)

9. catman

Gold Member

this made me laugh...had a very 'shy' guy in the locker room recently- he was weighing himself, with a towel on... every time he would go to adjust the scales his towel would fall off, he would then bend down to pick it up and put it back on- in bending over you could see *EVERYTHING* :eek::cool::biggrin1:.

This happened 4 or 5 times, other men were trying not to snicker....he was being soooo protective (of his not bad looking/hanging goods) ...sheesh...

then to make it even more amusing when he turned around- with towel- you could tell he was getting a bit of a woodie...

lol

10. cdog204

Gold Member

Albums:
    IDK, I see plenty of people who are comfortable with nudity at the Equinox I go to in Manhattan along with plenty more who do the towel dance. I've seen about the same thing out in LA at an Equinox and LA Fitness. Perhaps it is because both of those clubs were in the Westwood area on Wilshire Boulevard and there is a very corporate scene, but I didn't detect a difference.

11. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I've lived in both NYC and in LA and I think as a rule California people tend to be much more relaxed and if not in better shape than have a higher degree of body acceptance.

12. D_Dewey_DeLong

D_Dewey_DeLong Account Disabled

We have a Gym in my area that has two floors of naked - naked swim, naked steam, naked sauna, naked whirl pool and of course naked gag showers. All male. Social place as well as a fitness place. Wholesome gym - fathers and sons, brothers, and buddies. Everyone is comfy totally naked.

13. Q Vee

Q Vee New Member

Albums:
    Do you mean "naked gang showers"? I got an entirely differnt visual with "gag showers". LMAO!!!!

14. jockmaestro

Gold Member

No, no! Say that you meant "Gag" showers! Please! ; )

15. nicecircjob

nicecircjob Well-Known Member

I've seen some fatties that made me gag. lol

16. nicecircjob

nicecircjob Well-Known Member

Talkin' about bodies, not cocks.

17. Q Vee

Q Vee New Member

Albums:
    Of course you were! No way that big fat cocks could EVER make you gag! LMFAO!!!!

18. Joeyfromal

Joeyfromal New Member

Where is that? I can't imagine that on the east coast.

Draft saved Draft deleted