Eating habits

D_Jared Padalicki

Account Disabled
Media
After talking with so many nationalities I noticed a weird habit in eating some stuff.

Belgium is known for their chocolates, beer and fries (yes, no french fries) and of course a lot more.
But I was suprised about what people put on their fries.

We Belgians put mayonaise on our fries and also salt. But the people in the North of France and in Britain put vinegar on their fries.

But clearly we are weird, because they even made a joke about it in the movie 'Pulp Fiction' about how crazy it is to put mayonaise on your fries instead of ketchup.

So, what do you guys do on your fries and what eating habits suprised you in other countries?

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
After talking with so many nationalities I noticed a weird habit in eating some stuff.

Belgium is known for their chocolates, beer and fries (yes, no french fries) and of course a lot more.
But I was suprised about what people put on their fries.

We Belgians put mayonaise on our fries and also salt. But the people in the North of France and in Britain put vinegar on their fries.

But clearly we are weird, because they even made a joke about it in the movie 'Pulp Fiction' about how crazy it is to put mayonaise on your fries instead of ketchup.

So, what do you guys do on your fries and what eating habits suprised you in other countries?

I personally eat french fries without tomato ketchup. I like to taste the hot fried potato, the oil, and the salt on them. I like McDonald's french fries the best.

I don't understand haute cuisine. Haute cuisine doesn't look very edible to me. I don't understand sushi and sashimi. (I can't eat any fish that hasn't been cooked proper first.).
Eating steak tartare is a BIG NO. Again cook the meat proper...and maybe. I am not used to eating fresh game meat. No rabbit, no venison, no squirrel for me.

My niece's hubby is from Senegal. He eats these amazingly spicy peppers. He thought that Texas Pete hot sauce was like Heinz.

Tend to just put salt on, but if i get them from the chippy then vinegar too.

Sometimes curry sauce or ketchup instead. The Welsh love their chips n' cheese but think it's pretty awful meself. :/

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
i like to dip my french fries into a chocolate milkshake. :smile:

i like the crisp, hot from the fryer salty mixed with the creamy, sweet shake. like eat ice cream at the beach...delicious.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
i like to dip my french fries into a chocolate milkshake. :smile:

i like the crisp, hot from the fryer salty mixed with the creamy, sweet shake. like eat ice cream at the beach...delicious.

That sounds good. I may buy some McDonald's french fries and dip them in a Wendy's Chocolate Frosty.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I like fries with malt vinegar and salt. I don't find anything weird about the culinary habits of other countries; my travels have expanded my palate and appreciation for unique foods. Call me epicurious!

B_Dustydo

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I eat my chips with chicken salt - that's salt mixed with chicken stock power or Peri Peri.

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I prefer my fries with mayo, as it is probably my favorite condiment. Fries are good with ketchup, too, as long as it's Heinz. Nothing beats Belgian "frites", Mcdonald's fries are good, but the Belgians have perfected the art of frying a potato.

MrToolhung

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Love fries with mayo on them. Sometimes ketchup. Gravy at other times. Nacho cheese not often but love it. McDonald's fries are the best from fast food and love the sweet & sour sauce on them.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I like fries with malt vinegar and salt. I don't find anything weird about the culinary habits of other countries; my travels have expanded my palate and appreciation for unique foods. Call me epicurious!

You are the lucky one then. Hehehe.

Man, I will find a McDonald's somewhere if I don't want to eat some International cuisine that isn't appetizing to me. No offense to anyone that I refuse a plate...I am set in as far as what I want to eat. If it is good, you will know. If I don't like it, you will know. It is just my culinary taste. That is all.

Example: If it is pan-Asian cuisine and there is a selection of dim sum--dumplings and pot stickers, Thai spring rolls, Shrimp rolls, sushi and sashimi. And there were bowls of kimchee.

I will snack on a few potstickers, some of the Thai spring rolls and shrimp rolls. Avoiding the kimchee and the sushi and sashimi.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
i put tabasco sauce on just about everything. thai garlic sweet chili sauce on anything not covered in hot sauce.

Yep. I love thai garlic sweet chili sauce with my thai shrimp rolls. That is delicious.

fruit + chili sauce = awesome.

Yeah especially like as a barbecue sauce or glazing for meat.

I have had a blackberry and habanero pepper pulled pork BBQ sandwich before...it was delicious.

Hand_Solo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sriracha sauce on fries is pretty good. Then again, Sriracha sauce on most anything is pretty good. I'm also partial to ranch dressing on curly fries, though honestly I just don't eat fries that often.

B_Dustydo

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Peri Peri is Chili x100 with the tang of garlic and lemon.
I can vouch for Nando's Extra Hot.