Eating habits

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
the vegetarian dodges another gastronomic bullet :biggrin1:

brown gravy has meat broth.... so sad. i'll never know the joy of poutine :rolleyes:

actually sounds pretty good, i'd try it with a veggie gravy.

I'll just fry ya some french fries, toss in some fried soy cheese balls, and slather it wif some mushroom gravy. Wouldn't that be a vegan alternative?

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Rex:

Thanks for the correction on the spelling of Sault St. Marie. At least I still remember how to spell Thunder Bay.

As that pink sauce on fries tradition made it's way to Ewetaw (early 1950s) Kraft Foods started convincing home makers that a square of J-ELLO with a dollop of Miracle Whip could be passed off as a "salad." This evolved (with the help of both Kraft and J-ELLO) into creating an enormous variety of icky concoctions. The left over favorite always served after a funeral in the Intermountain West is Lime Green J-ELLO containing cottage cheese and canned pineapple bits. Truly a disgusting and most vile chemistry experiment exceeded only by Orange J-ELLO mixed with shredded carrots and raisins served with a dollop of Miracle Whip. Oh, the horror of it all!!!!

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The Britons are gonna whup my ass on this one...

I no like 'beans on toast'.
The HEINZ beans in the UK are similar to VAN CAMP'S Pork N' Beans in the States. Those things are sooo gross.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I had that too, very nice tbh, vert special. Coconutjacket around the boll of ice cream and then quickly fried

Yeah.

Speaking of coconut...I found an recipe for Australian Lamingtons. They are these little sponge cakes dipped in chocolate and covered in desiccated coconut. Sounds good to me.

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The Britons are gonna whup my ass on this one...

I no like 'beans on toast'.
The HEINZ beans in the UK are similar to VAN CAMP'S Pork N' Beans in the States. Those things are sooo gross.

Too damn right mister! lol, i'm no fan of beans but Heinz are the only brand that taste good...and on toast. (having said that it has been a couple years since i last had beans on toast)

B_Dustydo

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Australian Lamingtons are delicious.

Here we don't have tomato ketchup we have tomato sauce.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Too damn right mister! lol, i'm no fan of beans but Heinz are the only brand that taste good...and on toast. (having said that it has been a couple years since i last had beans on toast)

I can get authentic Heinz beans in the teal can here in the States at my local grocer. I got my Nutella there. But...I never buy Heinz. They remind me of those Van Camp's Pork N' Beans. Ugh. I would rather have a good can of Boston Baked Beans...or Hormel's Chili with Beans.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Nooo nooo nooo they are crap. Try Branston beans. I'm no big fan of beans either but it's Branston or nowt for me.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Australian Lamingtons are delicious.

I bet they are amazing. I am going to make those for the Christmas holidays.

Here we don't have tomato ketchup we have tomato sauce.

Yeah. The differences in the lexicon are cool. Hehehe.
Tomato sauce here is a thick tomato paste used as a base for soups and sauces.

Draconis71

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I don't understand haute cuisine. Haute cuisine doesn't look very edible to me. I don't understand sushi and sashimi.
Haute means high... and with some of the crap they're cooking, I'd say the cook was/is DEFINITIVLY high... Blech! :rolleyes:

Fries are a guilty pleasure. If I'm having w/fish I like vinegar. If w/a burger then ketchup. By themselves I like lightly salted or slathered in melted cheddar.
Add gravy to the melted cheddar, and you've got poo teen... or something like that...

i like to dip my french fries into a chocolate milkshake. :smile:

i like the crisp, hot from the fryer salty mixed with the creamy, sweet shake. like eat ice cream at the beach...delicious.
Few of the Belgian chocolates, or even british ones are done with a dusting of crushed sea-salt on top... so...

I eat my chips with chicken salt - that's salt mixed with chicken stock power or Peri Peri.
Hmm, not bad idea... I use garlic salt, or garlic powder, maybe crushed chillis

I prefer my fries with mayo, as it is probably my favorite condiment. Fries are good with ketchup, too, as long as it's Heinz. Nothing beats Belgian "frites", Mcdonald's fries are good, but the Belgians have perfected the art of frying a potato.
I've seen a LOT of people doing the mayo thing in the last 5 years in Ottawa area. Seen the ketchup/mayo thing too, and the doctors are promoting it, (well, the cardiac surgeons: They're trying to make business in this health-crazed society)

I put Tiger Sauce or Tabasco on my eggs.
You say that as if people DON'T all put tobasco/hotsauce on eggs...

There not too many thing I won't eat. I recently drew the line at roasted goat's eyes. :eek:

Garlic mayo and/or mustard on the fries for me.
Mustard? Mmmm... nah.. That goes on ham, and POSSIBLY cooked with chicken (Dijon, honey, etc) My father has his peanutbutter & mustard sandwiches, among other wierd mustard concoctions... all make me sick.

One of my guilty pleasures is poutine. It's very popular in Ottawa.
Tasty cholesterol, insta-hardening on the arteries..., but, oooh, so tasty...

I love a pork tenderloin cooked with raspberies, and apple juice/cider. I've on occasion made a gravy from those drippings (And, it's fairly sweet, and tasty, nice on the pork). Just wondering, if I were to make a poutine with that gravy... ... would it be a Rasputine?:biggrin1:

B_Dustydo

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Just remember Lamingtons are always square. Think of a swiss roll slab of sponge cake cut into squares.

We also have little cakes called Cherry Blossoms.
Same deal with the squares of sponge cake but rolled in half set strawberry jelly and then in coconut.

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Nooo nooo nooo they are crap. Try Branston beans. I'm no big fan of beans either but it's Branston or nowt for me.

I can't eat them without thinking of Richard...and he has nothing to do with beans, i hate that guy, it puts me off and besides...

....Beans Means Heinz! :biggrin1: