Eating

D_DanLather

Account Disabled
Media
Fancy pants you need to come up to my place I have 35 tomato plants and would love to help you pick your favorite so you can have a "mater sandwich"....As to what to do with oral sex on a woman, I was educated by two very close lesbian friends (wink), need I say more.....

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This will probably be an unpopular comment, but what's the harm in posting a thread on a previously discussed topic?

Just because a subject has been discussed before, doesn't mean:

(a) all that could be said has been said,
(b) the participants in earlier threads are the ONLY people with valid input,
(c) newcomers don't desire to discuss the subject too.

Sure, if a person wants to research a subject, the search button is there. But if he/she wants to DISCUSS it -- is the subject forever closed? And admit it, isn't it annoying when an ancient thread is exhumed from the crypt?

A forum, in my mind, is not a museum of prior conversations. A forum is a place for active discussion and lively participation.

* steps off band wagon *

D_Kitten_Kaboodle

Account Disabled
Media
This will probably be an unpopular comment, but what's the harm in posting a thread on a previously discussed topic?

Just because a subject has been discussed before, doesn't mean:

(a) all that could be said has been said,
(b) the participants in earlier threads are the ONLY people with valid input,
(c) newcomers don't desire to discuss the subject too.

Sure, if a person wants to research a subject, the search button is there. But if he/she wants to DISCUSS it -- is the subject forever closed? And admit it, isn't it annoying when an ancient thread is exhumed from the crypt?

A forum, in my mind, is not a museum of prior conversations. A forum is a place for active discussion and lively participation.

* steps off band wagon *

couldn't have said it better.... I know some of the new folks around here are shying away from threads for fear of retribution, for being called names, and having long-timers make them feel rather inadequate because they are newbies,..

Punny... :You_Rock_Emoticon:

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
if i see a thread is just a resurrected museum piece,
i close the page on it.
i like it fresh and up to date!

...still think this thread sux though.