Ebay Fuckup!

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_ScaredLittleBoy, Apr 7, 2008.

1. B_ScaredLittleBoy

B_ScaredLittleBoy New Member

Okay so I had a late night last night. Anyways I get in from work earlier tonight and purchase Guitar Hero III on ebay. Thing is, I get the PS3 versoion. I don't own a PS3.

Almost immediately after paying, I checked the item listing and then immediately contacted the seller asking for a refund/saying I made a mistake.

Will they refund? Are they in any way obligated to give me a refund? Or will they just take my money and send me a game I can't play?

BTW what threw me was their username is 'xbite' which made me think they sold Xbox 360 games.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. D_one and done

D_one and done New Member

i have no idea. never dealt with ebay before. i only have amazon.com experience.

3. B_Demention

B_Demention New Member

They should refund you if they're reasonable. Since you did it right away, you might just lose out on some of the fees that it cost them to list the item. Most sellers are happy to refund you the money before they actually ship the item, minus the slight surcharge.

4. D_Ivana Dickenside

D_Ivana Dickenside New Member

you shouldn't have a complications getting your money back because you notified them within less than 24 hours. the seller most likely wouldn't have any problems putting the item up for bid again.

5. D_Budd_Phlugg

D_Budd_Phlugg New Member

A good seller will refund the money, less any processing and listing fees.

They may have other platform versions that he could ship.

I recommend calling the seller and discussing this over the phone, this will help calm any fears they may have.

Gary

6. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    I would refund your money upon return of the game, less any auction and shipping fees.

After all, the fuckup was yours...no reason a merchant should be out because of it.

7. snoozan

Gold Member

nice avatar.

8. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Thanks! You should see the hot bitch that made it for me... :wink:

9. B_ScaredLittleBoy

B_ScaredLittleBoy New Member

The thing is it comes with a large (obviously downsized) guitar (shaped) controller so it would cost me at least around £5/$10 to post. Including packaging probably £10. Then if they subtract a listing fee etc from my refund I've lost quite a bit of money.

But really I don't want them to post it. That's wasting both of our time. I wouldn't mind a refund minus a small surcharge. They do sell the Xbox 360 version, I might go for that even though it is a little overpriced...

10. dong20

Gold Member

If they haven't posted it yet then (as already stated by others) a reasonable seller would probably come to an amicable agreement. But they're under no obligation to do so because the error was yours. You could always resell and hope to recoup some or all of your losses.

The best you could realistically hope for would be to pay the extra for the right version and a fee for the listing costs of the original.

And next time read the listing!!!:biggrin1::wink:

Draft saved Draft deleted