ebay Question

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_ScaredLittleBoy, Dec 16, 2007.

1. B_ScaredLittleBoy

B_ScaredLittleBoy New Member

Again.

I bought 2x USB Joypads/controllers for my PC (RE4 is hard on keyboard). Anyway I bought this somewhere around the beginning of December; the person I won it from (business, powerseller) said it was posted 4th December. I've not received it yet. I've also ordered other things from ebay and other sites and received them all by now.

This is the only thing I'm waiting for. I've messaged him thrice via ebay. He always responds via email (not through ebay) and just tells me to wait.

Well I've waited now and he says he has finished trading now til after Christmas.

I want my fucking money (all £8.90 of it :tongue:) or a refund! I also want to leave him negative feedback. Would I still be able to get a refund after doing that?

Here are my questions:

1. Am I eligible for any refund or replacement?
    2. How long do you have to wait to file an 'item not received' complaint?
    3. What would Jesus...I mean you do?

FYI I don't think insurance was offered.

Thanks

2. dong20

Gold Member

Did you pay by Paypal? If so you may be covered by purchase protection but you have to act within a certain time. If not you may be able to raise an issue with Ebay. The problem being that the amount owed is less (I think) than the minumum 'excess'.

Read ebay's T&Cs on this.

I didn't receive an item I paid for. Does eBay offer insurance?

If he said it was posted, ask for a proof of postage, Paypal requires that trackable postage is used as part of it's seller protection. If a vendor doesn't use recorded delivery of some form they may lose the right to refuse a refund. The seller must obtain redress from the postal carrier, not you.

Feedback is irrelevant, although I'd hold off on leaving it until the matter is resolved, one way or another.

3. B_ScaredLittleBoy

But isn't there a 30 day window in which to leave feedback; I can't leave feedback after 30th December?

I don't want to get the police involved or take him to court for £8.90. I'll see if I'm eligible for Buyer Protection and see what he says...:mad:

4. dong20

Gold Member

It's 90 days.

The police won't get involved, it's a civil matter. In fact the police will probably laugh in your face, certainly behind your back. And as you say, taking him to court for £10...?

Your best best option is payment protection, well really it's your only one. I know it stings but beating yourself up over the price of a good lunch seems more trouble than it's worth.

I bet you're looking forward to 2008! :smile:

5. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

Yes, leave bad feedback if you think it is a scam. It will warn others that he is stealing. The only bad thing is that he can leave bad feedback for you, but that really only hurts you if you are a seller.

6. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

It's only 12 days since he said he posted it - it's December and post goes slow.

And it's only 8.90 FFS - relax your slacks, SLB.

7. B_ScaredLittleBoy

So it could still be in the post? But I've received items I ordered after then before now :mad:

You wanna relax my slacks for me? lol :tongue:

I suppose I shall wait then...they do say postage usually takes 4-7 days though...:redface:

8. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

Give it another few days anyway... certainly the 2 full weeks anyway.

A quick whack with a lump hammer should relax those slacks*, want me to try?

* really you should wash them more often! :eek:

9. B_ScaredLittleBoy

:tongue:

I had lumps in mind but it wasn't a lump hammer. It was lady lumps!

lol.

But he's based in Manchester tooo! It shouldn't take this long? Manchester is half an hour away!

Patience is not one of my virtues.

10. dong20

Gold Member

Things also go 'missing' in the post. Was it sent recorded? If so the basic liability will cover to the amount you paid. If it was regular mail you will be able to recover a minimum of a sum equal to 12 times the cost of a 1st class stamp for a 'delay'. You can also claim additional compensation of £5 and £10 if you can prove a delivery delay of over 11 days.

If it's lost you can also recover up to £34 (or market value if less) if there was an item of value in the parcel. While they say a delay starts at 5 working days, usually RM will not even begin to investigate until it's been delayed about 15 working days which isn't until Dec 27 I think.

PS RM say that during Xmas post period an item isn't considered delayed until 6 working days.

Distance seems irrelevant - I got a parcel send DHL from Hong Kong next day but a letter sent from 5 miles away took a week.

11. bottombuddy

bottombuddy Member

if youve paid with paypal you can claim it back ..........i have 14,000 feedback myself.

if you leave negative f/back it will leave you open to recieving it in return...sometimes best not to leave any and you can still claim if you paid via paypal and goods havent arrived..seller than claim from postal company.

the mail is always extra busy this time of year so you often cant hold senders responsible for slow delivery times (its outwith their control)

im sure the stuff will arrive......sometimes patience is best.

good luck - merry christmas and best wishes for 2008

12. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

He has to refund you and claim it back off the post office if he says it's been posted. Until it's in your hands he has a contract with the post office, their part of this contract is to deliver it.

Send him a strong message saying you paid for this on xxxx, you've messaged him so many times and he says it was posted on xxx and you're going to lodge a non performing seller whine unless you receive a message saying when it will be there or that he's going to refund you.

13. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

I say give it a little more time. It's that time of year, man.

14. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

Yeah, I'd also give it a little more time too, I always allow two weeks before I get stroppy.

15. bottombuddy

bottombuddy Member

i'm only just now getting feedback for items that were posted 3 weeks ago.......royal mail is very slow this year im afraid

16. nakedwally

Gold Member

Albums:
Draft saved Draft deleted