Edgar Hernandez: Patient Zero

swordfishME

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
This 5 year old has been identified as Patient Zero in the Swine Flu (Mexican Flu to our Isreaeli posters) outbreak. He is currently well on the way to recovery in Mexico. I wonder what the possible motivation is for identifying this little boy by name in media. Say the outbreak does become a pandemic and millions of people die because of it- are we all going to blame this poor kid? Will have to live the rest of his life being a pariah? I just don't see the point in publicly naming who Patient Zero is.

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The facts are starting to emerge that he lives next to an american owned factory hog farm with significant sanitation and waste disposal issues. But i'm sure their corporate lawyers are already scouting a scapegoat to deflect the blame. I'd luv to see them try and make this kid the bad guy, and get their balls fed to them by the world public.

one reason american companies move operations out of this country is cheap labor, the other is the savings from doing business with NO REGULATIONS , no EPA, no OSHA, no LABOR laws, no HHS, no FTC, no FDA .

the pollution, disease, and exploitation american capitalism has inflicted on mexico (and so many other developing countries) is inexcuseable. what goes around comes around.

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Its all drummed up bull shit the farm was tested and supposedly non of the animals tested positive for the virus. Of course Mexico will try to blame someone else, like there trying to blame the US for there drug war problem. The town also has alot of people sick but only one person actually tested positive for the swine flu and I guess its this sole boy. It is funny most every one testing positive is coming from Mexico, I wonder if they all visited this town next to the pig factory which is 5 miles away. I also wonder if Mexico city where everyone is getting sick if next to the pig factory. I doubt it.

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Nor do I. It reminds me of when they identified "patient zero" of the AIDS epidemic, a Canadian Flight attendant Gaetan Dugas.

The current theory is that Dugas did NOT introduce HIV to North America, but rather that it arrived in Haiti from Africa, and in the U.S. from Haiti (by tourists and/or immigrants), and that potentially thousands of men were already infected before Dugas. Because of his extreme promiscuity and his career as an airline steward, Dugas had the misfortune of being connected to several of the earliest identified cases on both the East and West coasts.

Research rewrites first chapter of AIDS in U.S. - Second Opinion- msnbc.comOrigin of AIDS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

keyhero

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Guys, here in Mexico things are really ugly, schools are closed (I am a high school teacher), states are being closed, for instance, I am from the state of San Luis Potosi, and we can not travel to any other state, we all are forced to used a cloth on our mouths and noses, (I don't know the name of it, the kind doctors use), restaurants, movie teathers, sports clubs, gyms, discos, bars, and everithing are closed, banks re open, but lines are outside of them and they are letting only 10 people in at a time.

We just hope this meassurements government is taking really stops this pandemia, we are asked not to go out, services are still open, in major cities almost everithing is made electronically or by internet, like all payments, but supermarkets are still open.

The situation here is that some are saying that all this is nothing more that a pilitical strategy to sell more medicines because sanofi-aventis is the one which developed by them, they say there is no such thing as mexican flu, they say it's just an economic strategy to move the economics in the world by injecting money to the main industries all over the world with different actions, well, I don't know how to explain, maybe you'll get the idea with no further words.

To be honest I expect this is true beacuase the way things are being presented here is just frightening, I mean really, my friends and I have talked about it, and we feel like if we were in the movie "28 days later" or "I'm Legend" of course panic shopping is not here yet,but the way things are going we'll be there soon. They say that maybe my city is going to be closed by tomorrow, none comes in, none goes out.

Government is hiding real death numbers, I have a friend who works for the health service and she says the number of deads in this state is 67 and our governor says it's only 12, I don't know what to believe anymore, we are just so damn scared!!!

Of course there is a vaxin for it, but the way we see things closed and everyone using masks is just scarry.

Pray, just pray.

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't know much about this flu thing, but how can they blame a child? where did he pick it up from? Someone explain to me this whole concept.

If he is patient zero it started in him. That's hard to prove, but people try anyway.

The way new strains of the flu work is twofold:

• An existing strain mutating over time - this is how seasonal flu changes from one year to the next
  • A person gets simultaniously infected with two (or more) different strains of the flu and the recombine to form a new virus

The new swine flu outbreak is a case of the second bullet point. Someone had a regular seasonal human flu, and was simultaneously infected with a swine variant, the two combined in one or more of his cells, and the new version had the human-to-human ability of the human form, and the novel and low-resistance form of the swine virus.

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
he's a cute kid, i saw some asshole from abc wearing a mask & shoving a camera in the kid's and his family's faces attempting an interview using some weak travel dictionary spanish...i hate tv journalists more than i hate swine flu. could somebody work on a vaccine against them?

or maybe some vulture repellent....with sunscreen.

Last edited:

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
If he is patient zero it started in him. That's hard to prove, but people try anyway.

• An existing strain mutating over time - this is how seasonal flu changes from one year to the next
  • A person gets simultaniously infected with two (or more) different strains of the flu and the recombine to form a new virus

The new swine flu outbreak is a case of the second bullet point. Someone had a regular seasonal human flu, and was simultaneously infected with a swine variant, the two combined in one or more of his cells, and the new version had the human-to-human ability of the human form, and the novel and low-resistance form of the swine virus.
Interesting indeed. Thanks for the explanation.

keyhero

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Never mind about Edgar Hernandez, we don't know anything about him here in Mexico, if he is from here, we won't blame him for anything, in fact I didn't even know who he was until I saw the thread here at lspg. Here in Mexico people believe this virus was released a lab, or comes from somplace else. He will be safe, trust me, at least phisically safe, altough I don't know about his psyque.

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

It's more likely that the true patient zero was a pig. Apparently there are elements of avian flu as well in this new strain. Pigs are susceptible to human, swine and avain flu whereas humans are fairly difficult to infect with the swine or avian types.

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Gaetano Dugas' infamy as patient zero (in north america) for hiv was largely due to the fact that he deliberately and intentionally spread his infection as far and wide as he could.

A kid being the first to come down with an airborne virus is not the same thing at all.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
Gaetano Dugas' infamy as patient zero (in north america) for hiv was largely due to the fact that he deliberately and intentionally spread his infection as far and wide as he could.

A kid being the first to come down with an airborne virus is not the same thing at all.

As was read in a story about him, in dim lights, looking over a splotch of blue and red on his arm and the man he had just had sex with, "Gay Cancer. I've got it. Maybe you'll get it too."

Such a sweetheart of assholery.