Edited-out male nude movie scenes

edonline

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Anyone know / have rumors of movie scenes which contained male nudity which were filmed (or even considered) but edited out in the final version? If the scenes aren't lost forever, perhaps they'll either turn up as extras or on the internet one day. Kevin Costner shot nude scenes for a couple of movies, including "For the Love of the Game", but they were never included.

metryman

Sexy Member
Media
In "Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Robert Romanus (Mike Damone) had a frontal nude scene that was cut. According to director Amy Heckerling, a scene where Mike Damone was full frontal nude was originally in the movie, but had to be cut due to getting an X rating. It was either that or the 'carrot scene' had to go, and 'Robert Romanus' was happy for that.

Reactions: MISSROSS2U

metryman

Sexy Member
Media
In "Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Robert Romanus (Mike Damone) had a frontal nude scene that was cut. According to director Amy Heckerling, a scene where Mike Damone was full frontal nude was originally in the movie, but had to be cut due to getting an X rating. It was either that or the 'carrot scene' had to go, and 'Robert Romanus' was happy for that.
More from Amy Heckerling-Mike Damone's nude scene with Stacy that was filmed and never used was stated by director Amy Heckerling to show the natural vulnerability between two young teenagers. The intent was to show each of them undressing, and then show them standing before each other fully naked, full frontal, vulnerable, and nervous. The scene was pulled due to an impending X-rating and has never been released.

V72

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Back in 2004 there was a big hub-bub made about Colin Farrell's nude scene being cut from the film A Home At The End Of The World, garnering more publicity than the film itself.

(It was said to have been "too distracting" for audiences, but Farrell felt it should have been a non-issue and wasn't too pleased about it being cut - blaming it more on a handful of U.S.media executives and the power they have to force change based on their opinions).

Interview with Farrell:

http://movies.about.com/od/homeattheendofworld/a/homecf071604.htm

dustdude19

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Brian S

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
'

Probably because this didn't happen. If anything his dick was probably to small. So wouldn't it be easier to say well your dick is too big and would be distracting or to tell a guy we are cutting this scene because you have a small dick?
Not at all. Stuff like this happens all the time with the ratings board because they're fickle, fickle people. "Too much floppage" or "too prominently featured" or whatever nonsense they have for their ratings.

I read an interview with Jason Segal about his nude scenes in Forgetting Sarah Marshall. In the interview he pretty much admitted to giving himself a few tugs before filming, but had to be careful because - and this is paraphrasing - "it was important to me to not be totally soft, but it's important to the ratings board to not be very hard." I also remember Watchmen going through similar problems with Dr. Manhattan and the ratings board and trying to make sure it "didn't move too much" to appease them but still look like it moved like a real penis. If I recall, size was a thing as well, and the length of exposure in a scene. Making it sound like 5 seconds was too long to see it, but 4 seconds was ok. The ratings board is notorious for weird, arbitrary decisions like that.

Reactions: submit452

edonline

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
While ratings are somewhat more lenient that they were in the past, having a more adult rating can still lose audience and therefor total gross. It's why most studios will fight for the less stringent "R" rather than a "NC-17". Of course the ratings and the reasons behind them are ridiculous at times -- a soft penis is okay, but a hard one can be considered more adult; a quick glimpse is permissible but don't dare have a minutes-long scene with a guy showing full frontal.

I'd personally love to see all of Costner's footage (no pun intended). In addition to "For the Love of the Game" where he had a nude bathroom, he also did a nude swimming scene in "Waterworld" as well as locker scene in "Bull Durham".

MISSROSS2U

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
While ratings are somewhat more lenient that they were in the past, having a more adult rating can still lose audience and therefor total gross. It's why most studios will fight for the less stringent "R" rather than a "NC-17". Of course the ratings and the reasons behind them are ridiculous at times -- a soft penis is okay, but a hard one can be considered more adult; a quick glimpse is permissible but don't dare have a minutes-long scene with a guy showing full frontal.

I'd personally love to see all of Costner's footage (no pun intended). In addition to "For the Love of the Game" where he had a nude bathroom, he also did a nude swimming scene in "Waterworld" as well as locker scene in "Bull Durham".

Ever since I heard there was a full frontal scene in for love of the game, I wanted to see it. Costner was at his very best at that time.

billybigone

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Brendan Fraser did a rear nude scene in "Gods and Monsters" that was in the theatrical release but was cut out of the DVD version. I always wondered if that was part of his contract.

Also, I have ready many reports from legitimate sources that they are using fake dicks in most movies and television shows, like Spartacus. There is a fairly recent movie about a guy with a small dick who spends the weekend with a friend who has a huge one. I can't remember the name of it, but I saw the two actors in an interview talking about wearing the fake dicks.

MISSROSS2U

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Brendan Fraser did a rear nude scene in "Gods and Monsters" that was in the theatrical release but was cut out of the DVD version. I always wondered if that was part of his contract.

Also, I have ready many reports from legitimate sources that they are using fake dicks in most movies and television shows, like Spartacus. There is a fairly recent movie about a guy with a small dick who spends the weekend with a friend who has a huge one. I can't remember the name of it, but I saw the two actors in an interview talking about wearing the fake dicks.

your right Billy~ they are all using body doubles (even for rear shots) and/or prosthetic's.

Reactions: submit452

Brian S

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Yeah most if not all of the dicks that are like HOLY SHIT are fake. Craig Parker and Manu Bennett were real, though.

MP15

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
your right Billy~ they are all using body doubles (even for rear shots) and/or prosthetic's.

I've seen a few episodes of "Spartacus" -- most of the time when the actors show their ass, you can see their face in the same frame. I can buy the cock prosthesis for full frontal.

walker2

Cherished Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
I was told Matthew McConaughey had an accidental frontal "take" in Magic Mike. He was dancing directly in front of some women while wearing a g-string. One of the women got too carried away and pulled it off somehow. McConaughey continued to dance full-frontal and the director kept the film rolling. Afterward, McConaughey wanted the frontal nude scene to be in the movie. The director considered it, but then rejected the idea. It would be nice to think it would have put pressure on the other actors to follow the lead. McConaughey, Adam Rodriguez, Matt Bomer and Joe Manganiello full-frontal would have been a wet dream cum true. I'd have to double up on my underwear to avoid a big wet spot on my jeans while leaving the theatre. It would be a spontaneous emission, no manipulation needed.

Reactions: 11235

kalilover

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Reactions: 11235

MISSROSS2U

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
More from Amy Heckerling-Mike Damone's nude scene with Stacy that was filmed and never used was stated by director Amy Heckerling to show the natural vulnerability between two young teenagers. The intent was to show each of them undressing, and then show them standing before each other fully naked, full frontal, vulnerable, and nervous. The scene was pulled due to an impending X-rating and has never been released.

:rolleyes:Well~ She's quite the little chatterbox!