edumicating the ignorant.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
On top of everything else mentioned my annual cold sore outbreak usually happens during menses. Valtrex, muscle relaxers, and zostrix are my best friends. All I want to do is disappear for a few days and wake up when it's all over.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
our sex drives.

they might run on a regular monthly cycle.
that's hormones.

they might spend decades in overdrive,
or just dry up completely.
that's very often hormones too.

no, we didn't go off sex out of spite.
our bodies have just made the thought of it unpleasant.
no, it doesn't mean we don't love you.
or that we're shagging around.

no, the doctor does not usually have a magical cure.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
OCD.

my sense of smell goes hunting dog.everything needs to be cleaned, re-cleaned and reorganized.

food.

i eat like a lil pig-pig. when i can't find what i want to eat ready made the baking/cooking begins. the boy puts on like 3lbs a month :tongue1: cuz i won't stop feeding him.

horny.

rabid lil hump monkey. uber tactile. molesty mcmolestykof.

i've gotten off pretty light with the Menstrual Gods. not much of the symptoms listed. an ex-girlie really was cursed. she'd spend the day before and the days of curled up in bed heavily medicated. *pets the ouched lady*

i count me blessings.

odd question about the whole synching cycle thing (and not a period fetish thing) if Ms. Dolfie is at full moon, and Mr. Altered is stepping up to the plate..... where are the ladies in their orbit?

is a stupid question i know. but given the low number of active females on this site, if more than a few are PMS/flowing, wouldn't at least 4 or more syncing up be outside the borders of chance?

Last edited:

Pandora77

Cherished Member
Gold
Account Deletion Pending
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This! I suddenly smell things that I haven't noticed before. I also can't stand my own smell during my period. It makes me sick. And for some reason I feel really dirty (as in unclean) when on my period. I can't explain why.

OCD.

my sense of smell goes hunting dog.everything needs to be cleaned, re-cleaned and reorganized.

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
i just finished mine a couple days ago.

i either lose my appetite entirely or im wanting snacks all the time. salty things. i don't crave sweets or chocolate at all. but give me that bag of chips. right. now.

the libido increases exponentially, too. except maybe the first day, or the day before.

and i get SO. TIRED. like bone tired.

Last edited:

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
First day or day before I'm hit with a migraine. If I don't have drugs it lingers for 3 days and I want to scoop my brain out with a melon baller... or scream *doesn't work, tried it.* Lovely nausea and vomiting coinside with the pounding in my brain which makes the pounding worse*shudders.* Top that off with blurry vision and smells increasing the nauseated feeling.

Would like to take this moment to thank the makers of imitrex and promethazine.

Tired, for sure, normally the first day. I really just want to lay down somewhere dark and cold, with a mountain of covers and sleep. Unfortunately there is always so much to do there's no time to feel bad. As long as I can stop the migraine I'm ok. I'm on Lo-loestrin which has taken the monster from 7 to 3 days. I used to take Lo-overal (something like that) which made me cry, a lot... well more than normal. After the first day I'm good to go again, just unhappy to deal with it. The second day I would probably hole up in a room to have as much sex as possible if I could. I'm still not sure why that happens, the third day is pretty much the same. Then I cheer because it's over for another 28 days.

There is a difference in the way sex feels all through-out the cycle. Generally a day or two before I'm the least interested in sex.

Oh and I'm a week and a half out of the misery zone *cheers*

Last edited by a moderator:

fangirl

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
My hormones run like clockwork. five days before d-day, i get mild cramps and my boobs swell. I also get super horny. like super horny. like i will break down in fits of rage and tears if i dont get what im yearning for.

Did i mention hungry? Yeah, i get really hungry for sweets and dairy. so if its not full of sugar or covered in cheese, i probably wont touch it.

two days before d-day, i get diarrhea once. then im fine.

D-day
on day one i get one horrid pimple. It is gigantic and immune to any otc treatment if left untreated for more than one day. It also hurts like fuck and cant be popped.

Normally, i sync to the full moon, dont cramp or bloat and get crazy energy and focus when im on mine. I do, however, turn into super-bitch.
Patience? i have none.
Tact? fuck that.
Remorse? bitch get out of my way.
it really sucks because im normally a really easy-going person until my period, so anybody that knows me can always tell.

I also get really crazy clean about my house. During this time of the month, i rage-clean and tend to throw alot of stuff away regardless of whose stuff it actually is. I dont do it on purpose, i just get really really focused on making wide open spaces. So anything is game. couches, tables, dvds, people. If they are crowding, they have to go.

My smell also hypes, but in a weird way. i dont know how to correctly explain it, but i smell sex. but not just the smell of sex, like the little fine nuances in the scent. Some smells are good to me, others not. And if i find a smell that i like, i go crazy. I tend to drop whatever im doing, have been know to loose whole trains of thought and have to touch, flirt, play with that person. i can tell if you have sex on a regular basis (both with yourself or with others cause the smell is different). I can tell if your diet is good.

during my period, im still horny, even though im out-of-order. so by my last day, im really frustrated and sad.

once off my period, i go on a fuck-spree. (i know that sounds really bad, but that is the best way to explain it). I hunt down the folks who smelled good to me before, cause i cant smell the sex on them now, then i get in their pants.
after a week of sex, im good. I still have sex, but its not crazy intense like the first week after my period.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i just finished mine a couple days ago.

i either lose my appetite entirely or im wanting snacks all the time. salty things. i don't crave sweets or chocolate at all. but give me that bag of chips. right. now.

the libido increases exponentially, too. except maybe the first day, or the day before.

and i get SO. TIRED. like bone tired.

PMS makes me tired like this ever since I went off the last birth control pills. Salty snacks! I always have wanted salty snacks during PMS. My husband makes the same joke every month. "I've got a salty snack for you." It isn't anymore amusing now than it was 60 cycles ago. I'm also not any more in the mood for a bad joke I've already heard at this time than I was 59 cycles ago. Enough already.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Clumsy - that's what I get. I don't mean socially or emotionally, though that too sometimes, but physically clumsy - I turn into Stan fucking Laurel, dropping shit, banging my head, bending to pick something up and dropping something else out of a pocket as I bend... stepping in buckets. (OK, maybe not stepping in buckets.)

The immune system certainly takes a hit, big time.

fangirl

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
bad hair days. due to hormonal changes in the body that alter sweat and oil production on our skin and hair, pregnant women tend to have alot of bad hair dye experiences. in some, the color wont take at all. in others, the change in the hair makes it more likely to overprocess and/or overlighten, but only at the roots and only on the hair that has grown since the pregnancy began.
the pregnancy can also change the texture of the hair itself. when pregnant, the body gives itself a once over when it comes to cell rejuvenation. alot o times, that cell turnover does not happen in such a way as to continue with the previous texture of hair. so dont laugh at wild haired pregnant women. its not their fault.

InsaneJester

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
our sex drives.

they might run on a regular monthly cycle.
that's hormones.

they might spend decades in overdrive,
or just dry up completely.
that's very often hormones too.

no, we didn't go off sex out of spite.
our bodies have just made the thought of it unpleasant.
no, it doesn't mean we don't love you.
or that we're shagging around.

no, the doctor does not usually have a magical cure.

It does sometimes make the girl doubt if the guy loves her if he isn't after her all the time.

It can make her boobs get bigger, and if the guy notices she might smile and laugh or yell at him for calling her fat.

hormonal birth control.
the pill, the morning after pill, the jab, the implant.

i have tried lots over the years.
they have made me...

hate sex, hate men, hate life, turn gay, cry constantly, want to kill everybody, suicidal, vomit continuously, agoraphobic, sleep 18 hours a day, unable to sleep for days on end, spotty, dry & flaky, unable to concentrate, break out in eczema, eat constantly, be unable to eat...etc, etc, etc.

before you ask your partner,
''can't you just go on the pill?''
ask yourself if you would like to have these side effects.

My gfs the same way, she can't take anything because it messes her up bigtime, like bitchiness to the millionth degree, about everything and anything. Without it, she's moody yes, but far less variance and its easy enough to deal with.

food.

i eat like a lil pig-pig. when i can't find what i want to eat ready made the baking/cooking begins. the boy puts on like 3lbs a month :tongue1: cuz i won't stop feeding him.

With my current gf I can't cook mexican, italian, or really any kinda ethnic food thats spicy or gives off a strong aroma for the first couple days of her cycle. Found that out making dinner for her one night she was working late (Long day at work compounded by the worst part of her period compounded by walking in on me cooking lasagna made from scratch = big blowup)

I think dolfette should write a book about this to edumicate all the clueless men and help those like myself trying to understand women better everyday.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
i thought a hormone rush caused the smell thing/hunger thing.. since both are boosted by the same set of hormones.

i figured the cleaning was part territorial, part nesting instinct.

the cooking jag, a modern remake on providing for my hatchlings and such?

the horny? my uterus conspiring against me :irked:

none of it really bothers me. is odd to notice how much hormones can reshuffle ya deck.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
ligament loosening during pregnancy,

in order to enable our parts to stretch enough to pass a baby, our bodies release a chemical to loosen the ligaments.
sometimes this can be extreme enough to leave a woman unable to walk for the remainder of her pregnancy. it often leads to pain and discomfort, especially in the pelvic region.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I can't sleep. I stay awake for days like a coke head. Sometimes I sleep for hours and hours. Sometimes I sleep pretty regularly, which for is 4-6 hours a day. Mostly, I stay awake. Honestly, this is the reason you folks see so much of me, the reason I hold a job and run a small business, the reason I can get straight A's in college. I can't fucking sleep. The security guards at my complex comented on it the other night. One said, "Why are you awake?" The other said, "She never sleeps. And she don't be closing the blinds on her balcony, neither. I see her mad late, just boppin'- rocking the hell out in the kitchen, like 3, 4 o'clock in the morning. You be wired!" He was right. I "be wired". All the time. All. The fucking time. And it is hormones.

If I want to sleep, really sleep, I have to stick to a stringent schedule, take a supplement called melatonin (which is a hormone), and play around with the light sources in my house. Right now though, I kind of depend upon the super-human ability to stay awake for days (except when I have PMS which knocks me the fuck out). I have a lot to do. I sleep almost every day, but getting that sleep isn't easy. Hormones.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have one patch of hair growing in MUCH straighter than the rest. I have ridiculously curly hair. So, the patch RIGHT IN THE FUCKING FRONT that is only just a touch wavy, is obnoxious, and clearly not really mine. That part's falling out, anyway. Hormones.