Edward Norton?

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
hell its Edward Norton...does it really matter?! He's HOT...huge or not! :)

i didn't notice his dick. I was too fixated staring at that big bubble smooth wet shiney ASS. DAMN that boy has an ass to die for. He could use my face as a seat any time.

My thoughts exactly.

Yeah, I just hated that the widescreen cut out the frontal of when he gets out of bed. I know peeps love widescreen dvds. You have to admit though, every now and then they do cut out nude scenes. American History X is a really good movie. I agree.

Do you mean fullscreen? Because widescreen shows everything. Pan & Scan (fullscreen) is the one that moves around to keep the action centered.

Well some times fullscreen shows more. (as far as nudity) I could list many movies that show more in fullscreen. For instance Bruce Willis's towel scene you can't see in the widescreen movie of Color of the Night. William Defoe's frontal in Last Temptation of Christ can't be seen in the widescreen. David Duchovony's frontal in New Year's Day can't be seen in the widescreen dvd. I know widescreen is the original way the movie was shot. Just some times how they transfer it to dvd. The black bars on the bottom of the screen cut out the nudity. Another one is The Onion Field with James Woods. His frontal was cut off. So on and So on.

this is so confusing. The black bars aren't added in widescreen movies. They're removed in full screen. Also called Pillarboxing when fullscreen movies are shown on a widescreen tv.

Fullscreen movies are missing the sides -- they don't gain anything on top or bottom of the screen. I need to rent the fullscreen AHX now.

FWIW, I had a back and forth a while back about this very issue with other members in this thread and I can attest to the validity of what Tank30 is talking about.

KCampbell01

Just Browsing
Media
FWIW, I had a back and forth a while back about this very issue with other members in this thread and I can attest to the validity of what Tank30 is talking about.

You guys aren't talking about "Full Screen" in the "Pan & Scan" sense of the term, you're talking about "Full Frame."

Sometimes a movie is shot with what's called Super 35mm film - which, unlike being shot with regular film which has a rectangular frame it's shot with a square frame. This gives a director more to choose from as far as composition goes later in the editing room, and they matte it down to a 1.85:1 or 2.35:1 aspect ratio (widescreen) for theatrical distribution. Another benefit of this is that instead of panning and scanning these movies for home video release, they can just rip the black bars off. You're getting more image, yes, but it's stuff you were never intended to see - like a boom pole, or a piece of equipment, or Edward Norton's penis :)

Pan & Scan is where they literally take a widescreen frame and chop the sides off to get it to fully fit on a television. That's the super bad one.

AMERICAN HISTORY X as well as those others were probably shot in Super 35. That's why yes, the full frame version will show more on the top and bottom of the frame. But the version you're meant to be watching that director worked so meticulously on getting absolutely perfect is however it was shown in theaters.

Last edited:

coffeeboy

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Great movie indeed. Its the kind of filmatic that can change your per perspective about life and what is really important.

I realize this comment is older than Cher, but just happened to come across it and felt it needed to be vouched for. This movie changed my life for the better, exactly as described above.

American History X is a film you MUST see within your time on this Earth -- obviously the sooner, the better. (Also, you'll never see Ed Norton the same way again. ;))

Brokedown Palace is another must-see.

Life lessons in these that will find your empathy and keep you on the straight and narrow.