Edwards finally endorses someone...

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Edwards has simply made his power play at this stage, looking to be VP. He did it with Kerry, he was sitting on the fencepost this time for either Obama or Clinton. It would have been nice if either had secured the nomination by now, but enough has swayed over to Obama's side to get him to commit. And he's going to do it now before it's totally too late and it even looks more like the band wagoning that he's pulling.

It's too evident there is no way Obama/Clinton as the ticket can happen, not with the way this has gone. So that leaves Edwards, the legitimate 3rd place in this race and Kerry's former running mate. I doubt he has anything to lose at this stage ?

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Oy vey. All Obama has to do is breathe air with a smile, and all of his extreme supporters jump up and down as if Jesus turned a basin of toilet water into a bottle of Grey Goose.

The contest is not over. Even if Clinton can't get enough delegates, if she wins big in the final states then Obama won't have enough either. Then it goes to the convention, and seeing whether or not all of those "pledged delegates" stick to their guns. It's not as if many have been flip flopping between Obama & Clinton to begin with. What makes everyone think that if they go for Obama that they're going to stick with him, or vice versa? The difference bewteen the two canididates is a mere 2%. Since when does ANYONE quit a contest when they're that close? That's like a football team demanding their opponents to quit 5 minutes into the fourth quarter just because they're behind by a touchdown. Let's just wait until the game is REALLY over before we start predicting it?

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
Oy vey. All Obama has to do is breathe air with a smile, and all of his extreme supporters jump up and down as if Jesus turned a basin of toilet water into a bottle of Grey Goose.

The contest is not over. Even if Clinton can't get enough delegates, if she wins big in the final states then Obama won't have enough either. Then it goes to the convention, and seeing whether or not all of those "pledged delegates" stick to their guns. It's not as if many have been flip flopping between Obama & Clinton to begin with. What makes everyone think that if they go for Obama that they're going to stick with him, or vice versa? The difference bewteen the two canididates is a mere 2%. Since when does ANYONE quit a contest when they're that close? That's like a football team demanding their opponents to quit 5 minutes into the fourth quarter just because they're behind by a touchdown. Let's just wait until the game is REALLY over before we start predicting it?

Right, it's just like your football analogy, except that the losing team staying in the game isn't hurting their conference. AFC vs. NFC is a lot different than Democrat vs. Republican, especially given the situation we're in.

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
To further the football analogy;

If your football franchise is in dire straits as America is today, you don't hire a high school football coach to come in and create "change" when you have one of the greatest coaches in recent memory willing and able to come back in, take over, and "FIX" the franchise.

FIX THE FRANCHISE '08

TinyPrincess

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Right, it's just like your football analogy, except that the losing team staying in the game isn't hurting their conference.

Some people think Hillary is doing harm by staying in the race, others do not. You ask any Hillary supporter and they'd say that it's fine as long as she has a chance, and right now she's trying to send the game into overtime. Of course, any Obama supporter wants her to quit now because they hear the comments from all the fairweather, born-again democrats who claim that they're going to go for the Republican party if Obama doesn't win (and that in itself is crazy, but I'm not going down that corridor anymore).

With the contest this close, whose to say who's right on this rhetorical? We'll see after the last five primaries where we stand. It does look as if Obama is going to take it, but if Clinton gets the nod I'm supporting her instead in November.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Some people think Hillary is doing harm by staying in the race, others do not. You ask any Hillary supporter and they'd say that it's fine as long as she has a chance, and right now she's trying to send the game into overtime. Of course, any Obama supporter wants her to quit now because they hear the comments from all the fairweather, born-again democrats who claim that they're going to go for the Republican party if Obama doesn't win (and that in itself is crazy, but I'm not going down that corridor anymore).

With the contest this close, whose to say who's right on this rhetorical? We'll see after the last five primaries where we stand. It does look as if Obama is going to take it, but if Clinton gets the nod I'm supporting her instead in November.
Factual error:
The race is not close. It's a notion perpetuated by Senator Clinton and the mainstream media.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Factual error:
The race is not close. It's a notion perpetuated by Senator Clinton and the mainstream media.

I guess this means everyone on TV and the press are lying to us then. :eek:
Wouldn't be the first time, but I digress... 2% is a close match in my eyes. It's not like it's a 70/30 split here.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Anyone else just think she's trying to stay in as long as she can so Obama loses and she can run in 2012 against an old and pathetic version of John McCain?

That's ridiculous. She's running because there's still a path to the nomination, although it's a small one. To blame her is to blame everyone else that voted for her (and continue to do so). I guess they are all Republican conspirators in sheep's clothing too?

littledickboy111

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That's ridiculous. She's running because there's still a path to the nomination, although it's a small one. To blame her is to blame everyone else that voted for her (and continue to do so). I guess they are all Republican conspirators in sheep's clothing too?

I never said they were Republican conspirators... I said that Clinton was a power-hungry monster who wants the Democrats to lose the election this time so that in 4 years she can run against an old, feeble, crazy looking man and finally get back to the White House that her and Tubby love so very much.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I guess this means everyone on TV and the press are lying to us then. :eek:
Wouldn't be the first time, but I digress... 2% is a close match in my eyes. It's not like it's a 70/30 split here.
The democratic nomination is decided by DELEGATES....

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Please tell us what her "path to the nomination" is?

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Please tell us what her "path to the nomination" is?

1. Win enough delegates in the next 5 primaries to make sure Obama doesn't get the necessary votes to win automatically.
2. Bring the contest to the convention where the nomination would be decided on a delegate vote. "Pledges" don't mean confirmed votes, so these can go in any direction.

Again, not the best scenario. But as long as she stiill has a small chance, why shouldn't she continue?

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
1. Win enough delegates in the next 5 primaries to make sure Obama doesn't get the necessary votes to win automatically.
2. Bring the contest to the convention where the nomination would be decided on a delegate vote. "Pledges" don't mean confirmed votes, so these can go in any direction.

Again, not the best scenario. But as long as she stiill has a small chance, why shouldn't she continue?
To save her dignity and political future and not go further into debt than 20 million dollars?

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
To save her dignity and political future and not go further into debt than 20 million dollars?

The majority of Americans are in debt. :biggrin1:
That's something I can relate to. I don't consider that a major concern. And I don't think her political career is in the crapper all because of this. But that remains to be seen.