Edwards finally endorses someone...

TinyPrincess

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
... she can run in 2012 against an old and pathetic version of John McCain?

Well, Billary already is old and pathetic, so why not :rolleyes:

She's running because there's still a path to the nomination, although it's a small one.

Hmmm, can't see that path anywhere around - Obama just need less than 100 delegates to reach the magic number - he'll get at least 50 delegates in the next two states, so he just need to convince 50 superdelegates more. I really can't see no path for Billary.

I said that Clinton was a power-hungry monster

Right on!!!

get back to the White House that her and Tubby love so very much.

Billary for another 4-8 years :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Well, Billary already is old and pathetic...

Not as old as McCain. :biggrin1:

Hmmm, can't see that path anywhere around - Obama just need less than 100 delegates to reach the magic number - he'll get at least 50 delegates in the next two states, so he just need to convince 50 superdelegates more. I really can't see no path for Billary.

Like I said, a small path. It's not going to be easy, but crazier things have happened. At first I used to be worried about the primary going as long as it have, but there have been longer ones. I'm willing to watch the contest go the distance. Hillary will eventually pull out of the race once all avenues have been used.

Billary for another 4-8 years :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It could be worse. What if Cheney ran?

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The majority of Americans are in debt. :biggrin1:
That's something I can relate to. I don't consider that a major concern. And I don't think her political career is in the crapper all because of this. But that remains to be seen.
Actually, the Clinton Campaign over the past 2 days has signaled that the nomination fight is over. Hillary no longer speaks of "in it to win ti" or Fl or Mi or even mention Obama. Yesterday's stump speech was a talk on why she supports the Farm bill. There are also those who think the Clinton Era is also drawing to a close:
FIRST THOUGHTS: NOW OBAMA'S PARTY?

From Chuck Todd, Mark Murray, and Domenico Montanaro
*** Is it now Obama’s party? On Tuesday night, Clinton scored a 41-point win in West Virginia. Then, less than 24 hours later, more parts of the Democratic Party began coalescing around Obama. First came the endorsement from NARAL, which drew a furious response from Emily’s List and many of Clinton’s female congressional backers. Then Edwards -- in a move that took almost everyone by surprise -- endorsed Obama, which ended up burying the interviews Clinton had conducted with the network anchors the day after her West Virginia win. As NBC’s Andrea Mitchell said on TODAY, “Just when she was trying to get back on her feet, Hillary Clinton had the rug pulled out from under her.” What yesterday signaled, more than anything else, was that the Democratic Party is now becoming Barack Obama’s party, no matter what happened in West Virginia and might happen next week in Kentucky.

TinyPrincess

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not as old as McCain. :biggrin1:

No, but more pathetic

Like I said, a small path.

True - but the Mythbusters would call it busted

Hillary will eventually pull out of the race once all avenues have been used.

Are you sure - do you think she can manage a small fake tear again... Or will Billary claim that their victory was stolen from them by a tall black guy?

It could be worse. What if Cheney ran?

That would be fun - do you think Mr. 9/11 could pass the 1% mark at an election. But then he probably knows how to fix an election...

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
I never said they were Republican conspirators... I said that Clinton was a power-hungry monster who wants the Democrats to lose the election this time so that in 4 years she can run against an old, feeble, crazy looking man and finally get back to the White House that her and Tubby love so very much.

Not only that, were they to lose she could play on the party's guilt with 'I told you he was unelectable' to the point where she would probably be gifted the nomination in 2012.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Are you sure - do you think she can manage a small fake tear again... Or will Billary claim that their victory was stolen from them by a tall black guy?

When the Clintons left office in 2001, their approval rating with the black community was over 75%. Many black people still love the Clintons, but even she can understand why many people in the black community are voting for Obama. I don't think Hillary is THAT stupid. Well, at least "Bush Stupid" anyhow.

swordfishME

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Not only that, were they to lose she could play on the party's guilt with 'I told you he was unelectable' to the point where she would probably be gifted the nomination in 2012.

I am sure the thought has crossed her mind, more than once.

This is exactly why Obama and the DNC need to do whatever it takes to placate her. It would be a mounumental mistake to think that she is down and out just because she could not secure the nomination. The Dems and Obama could still end up paying dearly if she is not sufficiently "in their corner".

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
Actually, the Clinton Campaign over the past 2 days has signaled that the nomination fight is over. Hillary no longer speaks of "in it to win ti" or Fl or Mi or even mention Obama. Yesterday's stump speech was a talk on why she supports the Farm bill. There are also those who think the Clinton Era is also drawing to a close:
FIRST THOUGHTS: NOW OBAMA'S PARTY?

You attempted to press this point in one of your previous posts...after Clinton's win in W VA. she was very clear that she was still in the race...and if the American People are behind her she could still win it. In the last two days, you are asserting that Sen. Clinton hasn't repeatedly stated "I'm in it, I'm in it" and jumped up and down and screamed "I can still win it!" at the top of her lungs.

Industrial...please give it a break. The last two days has shown one trend...more Democrats needing to come to the aid of Obama who was showing the very weakness the Clinton Campaign has been speaking of. It is not a race issue...but a class issue. Blue Collar workers are the biggest group but across the electorate are millions of Americans including a large number of Women who simply do not believe Obama is the best candidate to go up against McCain and do not believe Obama is the best candidate to be President. Millions do not want to vote for Obama if Hillary does not win the nomination. Ignoring that is the Democrats biggest mistake.

I like what the Clinton Campaign is doing. Let Obama spar with Bush, McCain and mix it up. Edwards was on the Today Show this morning answering questions about his endorsment. It wasn't a favorable interview by any stretch of the imagination...it was more like a "it sounds like political expediency which is beneath you" interview. Very sad. Gov. Richardson looks like a loser. The Anderson superdelegate person quickly faded away from his charge to get superdelegates because he looked like a jerk. But of course Obama is racking up endorsements - He is the safe bet! But most of the ones who have done it have looked like a joke.

Hillary Clinton is pressing her platform and policies and letting fists fly where they may. She's in the remaining states campaigning. It's not over until all the votes are counted at the convention. No matter how much you and Obama wish it otherwise Industrial.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You attempted to press this point in one of your previous posts...after Clinton's win in W VA. she was very clear that she was still in the race...and if the American People are behind her she could still win it. In the last two days, you are asserting that Sen. Clinton hasn't repeatedly stated "I'm in it, I'm in it" and jumped up and down and screamed "I can still win it!" at the top of her lungs.

Industrial...please give it a break. The last two days has shown one trend...more Democrats needing to come to the aid of Obama who was showing the very weakness the Clinton Campaign has been speaking of. It is not a race issue...but a class issue. Blue Collar workers are the biggest group but across the electorate are millions of Americans including a large number of Women who simply do not believe Obama is the best candidate to go up against McCain and do not believe Obama is the best candidate to be President. Millions do not want to vote for Obama if Hillary does not win the nomination. Ignoring that is the Democrats biggest mistake.

I like what the Clinton Campaign is doing. Let Obama spar with Bush, McCain and mix it up. Edwards was on the Today Show this morning answering questions about his endorsment. It wasn't a favorable interview by any stretch of the imagination...it was more like a "it sounds like political expediency which is beneath you" interview. Very sad. Gov. Richardson looks like a loser. The Anderson superdelegate person quickly faded away from his charge to get superdelegates because he looked like a jerk. But of course Obama is racking up endorsements - He is the safe bet! But most of the ones who have done it have looked like a joke.

Hillary Clinton is pressing her platform and policies and letting fists fly where they may. She's in the remaining states campaigning. It's not over until all the votes are counted at the convention. No matter how much you and Obama wish it otherwise Industrial.
prepare yourself...you're going to be very disappointed with Denver.(my guess if is Edwards, Richardson, or that "Anderson Superdelegate had endorsed Senator Clinton, they would be your heroes, not JOKES...a lovely way to refer to fellow democrats, I thought we saved those sentiments for republicans)

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
Bill != Hillary

Just because Bill was a good President doesn't mean Hillary will be. Also, since all of her so-called leadership experience is based on observing how he handled things, it's all meaningless now. This nation is a far different place, and in significantly worse shape, than it was in 1993.

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I used to love and adore the Clintons and wept real tears of joy when Bill was first elected. It felt as if a weight had been lifted. I don't care for what they've become.

Exactly what have they become though, and what evidence do you have that they have indeed become this? Because the media has painted Bill as some sort of loon? I'm sure you do know that the media really has no fucking clue what they are talking about. It shames me how everyone has turned their backs on Bill because of what, a couple honest statements that he made and him being painted by the obama campaign/media as a racist? I believe he basically said that obama will get all the black vote because he is black (which is understandable), but that doesn't mean he should be president. Like, step aside little obama let the master take back over and show you how its done, then you get your turn. You don't let your child play paintball with a malfunctioning gun, you fix it for him so it won't hurt him or anyone else, then you let him go play.

Maybe the Clintons know they need to take back the white house to fix america, and that obama is not the man to do it, and will go to any lengths without actually stepping out and saying it (although they almost have) to make sure this happens, because (and the last 8 years has shown this) Americans are too stupid to make the right choices anyway.

And stapled, c'mon man you have got to be kidding yourself if you don't think with Hillary as President that Bill won't have an ENORMOUS impact on any if not ALL decisions made. Just as lil george was a puppet for the powers that be as a president, Hillary would be just that for Bill. He won't be sitting around doing nothing.

Regardless of what you believe Bill has become, I'm pretty sure he still knows how to run a fucking country more than 99.9% of democrats out there (including those who have turned on him for their own political benefit), if not %100.

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Bill != Hillary

Just because Bill was a good President doesn't mean Hillary will be. Also, since all of her so-called leadership experience is based on observing how he handled things, it's all meaningless now. This nation is a far different place, and in significantly worse shape, than it was in 1993.

Alright so its in significantly worse shape than in 1993, so fuck it fuck electing someone who ran a great country for 8 years and has actually proven something, lets elect someone who has never done shit because hell yeah this country is in a lot worse shape than it was in 93! Makes mad sense! I know if my business was failing I would definitely pass on donald trump and hire some cat fresh out of college who has slim work experience at a quikie mart.

Would you hire a doctor to remove a deadly brain tumor from your loved one who was just fresh out of the gate with 1 or 2 surgeries under his belt, or would you hire a leading pioneer in the field who has thousands and thousands of successful surgeries? Would you just hire the first guy and "hope" for "change", or would you hire the master and expect a fix of the problem?

And don't pretend like obama won't need someone helping his hand and can "think for himself" and do it all his own, he is going to need a lot of help. More help than she would need I think everyone knows that. I'd rather have Hillary getting help from Bill than obama getting help from anyone else.

obama is going to need a lot of hands up his ass guiding him.

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
prepare yourself...you're going to be very disappointed with Denver.(my guess if is Edwards, Richardson, or that "Anderson Superdelegate had endorsed Senator Clinton, they would be your heroes, not JOKES...a lovely way to refer to fellow democrats, I thought we saved those sentiments for republicans)

You are mistaken...they wouldn't be my heroes, they would simply be endorsements. Just like Richardson and Joe Andrews (correction) before him, Edwards has been doing interviews that are very unfavorable to him and his political legacy.

Disappointed in Denver...not more than I was when Bush stole the election from Gore, no more than when Kerry's candidacy was swift-boated. My faith is not in man. My faith and trust is in God. I always do my part and let God handle the rest.

I reserve the proper sentiments for the deserving person in my Party or outside my party. I may be a Democrat, but at the point when the Party fails to meet my interests and needs that is where my allegiance ends.

African Americans have been saying this for some time. If the Democratic Party takes for granted the African American vote, then African Americans will have to choose to leverage their vote elsewhere. Now, Democrats quickly respond that African Americans can't vote Republican. That notion implies that Democrats therefore don't have to listen to needs and interests of African Americans or work for their vote. That is taking the vote for granted and if the only option is to vote against the party. Then the interest group should do that.

It is obvious that Obama supporters do not believe that Hillary Clinton has 49% of the vote. And fully expect that number to switch to Obama though the Democratic Party has ruined the validity and fairness of its own primary in year when Democrats should have sailed to the White House, in a year when we can not afford to lose. Many won't switch to Obama, some will defect to McCain and it is looking like an even greater number will protest voting for Obama because of the issues raised in this primary. Because the Democratic Party has not demonstrated validity and fairness in the Party and this Primary, neither the Party nor Obama can force allegiance to toe the Party Line in the General Election. Millions of Americans do not have their hope in Obama.