Edwards finally endorses someone...

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
Oh, see all this time I thought that only your own experience mattered. But now I've come to find out that your significant other's experience can apply as well. Fascinating. I'm going to get my fiancee a job in my previous field. After all, she's marrying somebody with 2.5 years experience.

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It is simple; do you want Bill back in charge or not? Nothing else matters, if you could elect Bill again right now would you? Electing Hillary for all intensive purposes is electing Bill and putting him back in the white house and in a position to fix this country. Thats all.

And would you rather hire the quikie mart newbie over Trump's wife, knowing damn well that his money and his decisions and knowledge on how to run a business would be at her disposal?

Would you really hire the amateur surgeon, when the master surgeons wife was with him throughout all the time he spent on developing the procedures that safely save a victim from the deadly brain tumor, and knowing that he will also be in on the surgery on your loved one? Who would you pick?

Would you throw care to the wind and just hope that the newbie surgeon will work an unlikely miracle on your loved one?

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You are mistaken...they wouldn't be my heroes, they would simply be endorsements. Just like Richardson and Joe Andrews (correction) before him, Edwards has been doing interviews that are very unfavorable to him and his political legacy.

Disappointed in Denver...not more than I was when Bush stole the election from Gore, no more than when Kerry's candidacy was swift-boated. My faith is not in man. My faith and trust is in God. I always do my part and let God handle the rest.

I reserve the proper sentiments for the deserving person in my Party or outside my party. I may be a Democrat, but at the point when the Party fails to meet my interests and needs that is where my allegiance ends.

African Americans have been saying this for some time. If the Democratic Party takes for granted the African American vote, then African Americans will have to choose to leverage their vote elsewhere. Now, Democrats quickly respond that African Americans can't vote Republican. That notion implies that Democrats therefore don't have to listen to needs and interests of African Americans or work for their vote. That is taking the vote for granted and if the only option is to vote against the party. Then the interest group should do that.

It is obvious that Obama supporters do not believe that Hillary Clinton has 49% of the vote. And fully expect that number to switch to Obama though the Democratic Party has ruined the validity and fairness of its own primary in year when Democrats should have sailed to the White House, in a year when we can not afford to lose. Many won't switch to Obama, some will defect to McCain and it is looking like an even greater number will protest voting for Obama because of the issues raised in this primary. Because the Democratic Party has not demonstrated validity and fairness in the Party and this Primary, neither the Party nor Obama can force allegiance to toe the Party Line in the General Election. Millions of Americans do not have their hope in Obama.
Actually it;s around 47.5% of the vote that Senator Clinton has in the PRIMARY not the General Election. And the Democratic party has NOT taken for granted the African American electorate. The Clintons did that all by themselves(with the help of surrogates):

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Resources

If you know of other trackers or blog posts, news articles, memos etc that do the documentation, please link here so folks can dig around and use those to update this tracker. Guide
  1. The Incident Tracker Page
    1. Resources
  2. Guide
  3. The Incidents
    1. #1 Barack Obama May Have Been a Drug Dealer!
    2. #2 Actually, LBJ Did it
    3. #3 I can't make her... black?
    4. #4 Imaginary Hip Black Friend
    5. #5 Mandela
    6. #6 Shuck and Jive
    7. #7 BET Founder Bob Johnson Attacks
    8. #8 Three Volunteers Resign for Spreading MADRASSA EMAIL
    9. #9 Bob Kerrey and his Dog Whistle
    10. #10 Beautiful Symbol
    11. #11 Fairy Tale & Kid
    12. #12 False Hopes
    13. #13 Bill Clinton's Charlie Rose Interview
    14. #14 I just don't want to see us fall backwards
    15. #15 Andrew Young Says Bill is every bit as black as Obama
    16. #16 Clinton Team Quietly Raise Obama's Cocaine Use
    17. #17 Geraldine Ferraro Blames Obama for Race Talk
    18. #18 Charlie Rangel Blames Obama for Race Talk
    19. #19 Rangel: Obama put drug use in book to sell books
    20. #20 The Spadework Comment on The Today Show
    21. #21 The "Spadework" Comment in JULY 2007
    22. #21 Playing on the Obama-will-be-assassinated fears
    23. #22 Hillary Shufflin' about Bob Johnson
    24. #23- Black and Brown Instigation
    25. #24- Lawd, the Black Man will DOOM..DOOM the entire ticket
    26. #25-State Senator Robert Ford on Obama's Iowa Victory
    27. #26- Obama's got 99 Problems
    28. #27- Vetting Obama
    29. #28 Earl Ofari Hutchinson Says Obama Should Apologize To Hillary
    30. #29 Attempted Disenfranchisement of Nevada Caucus-Goers
    31. #30 Obama Unwilling to take a stand on choice
    32. #31 I'm in an interracial relationship
    33. #32- Bill Clinton says people in South Carolina will vote for Obama only because he's black
    34. #33- "Obama is a Good House Negro."
    35. #34- Bill Clinton: Hillary-McCain would be "most civilized" election in American History
    36. #35 Bill Clinton: S.C.? No problem, Obama = Jesse Jackson
    37. #36 Bill Clinton: "Not one single solitary citizen has asked me about this"
    38. #37 Star Jones Says That Bill Clinton Is Just Defending His Woman
    39. #38 Obama echoes "message of blunt racial division"
    40. #39 "Hate Springs Eternal" -- and it's Obama's supporters' fault
    41. #40 -Clinton Camp Spreads ' Obama has a CULT' Memo
    42. #41 - Obama is BLACK and White folk won't vote for him
    43. #42 - Barack Obama and his Magic Technicolor Dream-Wand
    44. #43- Obama is a Scary Muslim Once Again
    45. #44 - Obama is Jesse Jackson Once Again
    46. #45-Geraldine Ferraro: Obama is LUCKY to be Black
    47. #46-Bill Clinton: what happened in SC is a "myth and a mugging"
    48. #47 'Not that I know of'!

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You see, I have trouble reading anything written by anyone else about someone. You never know where another human being's motives and prejudices lie. Basically I trust no other human beings, especially regarding politics. I simplify things. I ask myself is Bill the man for the job or not? Vote cast for Hillary.

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
Actually it;s around 47.5% of the vote that Senator Clinton has in the PRIMARY not the General Election. And the Democratic party has NOT taken for granted the African American electorate. The Clintons did that all by themselves(with the help of surrogates):

Resources

If you know of other trackers or blog posts, news articles, memos etc that do the documentation, please link here so folks can dig around and use those to update this tracker.

Hillary Clinton has 47.5% to BO's 49.3% a lead of merely 1.8 %
w/ Florida added the lead shrinks to merely .8% less than 1 percent.

In the general election, Hillary Clinton is winning in every state a Democrat needs to win. Obama may think he's going to "inherit" them if he becomes the nominee but those voters did not support Obama they supported Hillary Clinton. The Swing State arguement is a real one.

You misunderstood Industrial.

The issue of the African American vote and the Democratic Party is an ongoing discussion and can be easily looked up. I was speaking generally not specifically of this election. The African American vote and the Democratic Party is an example of an interest group having a right to voice their displeasure and concerns with the Party openly and having the right to leverage their vote (not toe Party lines) if it is being taken for granted.

Millions of Americans, across the electorate, including a large number of Blue Collar workers (many in that 47.5 %) do not have their hope in Obama and will not be taken for granted.

I'm sorry you feel the need to post that racial garbage again, but I do not feel that the Clintons or the Clinton campaign in anyway race-baited in this campaign.

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wouldn't the obama people claiming the Clintons were race baiting be an act of race baiting itself?

"Hey black people, forget what you heard and your support of the Clintons, he is a racist so vote for me, a reeeal black man!"

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
Wouldn't the obama people claiming the Clintons were race baiting be an act of race baiting itself?

"Hey black people, forget what you heard and your support of the Clintons, he is a racist so vote for me, a reeeal black man!"

You know I looked at the "race-baiting" links and they are a bunch of garbage. Not even worthy of posting. Most aren't racial motivated or don't amount to a hill of beans.

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You are mistaken...they wouldn't be my heroes, they would simply be endorsements. Just like Richardson and Joe Andrews (correction) before him, Edwards has been doing interviews that are very unfavorable to him and his political legacy.

Disappointed in Denver...not more than I was when Bush stole the election from Gore, no more than when Kerry's candidacy was swift-boated. My faith is not in man. My faith and trust is in God. I always do my part and let God handle the rest.

I reserve the proper sentiments for the deserving person in my Party or outside my party. I may be a Democrat, but at the point when the Party fails to meet my interests and needs that is where my allegiance ends.

African Americans have been saying this for some time. If the Democratic Party takes for granted the African American vote, then African Americans will have to choose to leverage their vote elsewhere. Now, Democrats quickly respond that African Americans can't vote Republican. That notion implies that Democrats therefore don't have to listen to needs and interests of African Americans or work for their vote. That is taking the vote for granted and if the only option is to vote against the party. Then the interest group should do that.

It is obvious that Obama supporters do not believe that Hillary Clinton has 49% of the vote. And fully expect that number to switch to Obama though the Democratic Party has ruined the validity and fairness of its own primary in year when Democrats should have sailed to the White House, in a year when we can not afford to lose. Many won't switch to Obama, some will defect to McCain and it is looking like an even greater number will protest voting for Obama because of the issues raised in this primary. Because the Democratic Party has not demonstrated validity and fairness in the Party and this Primary, neither the Party nor Obama can force allegiance to toe the Party Line in the General Election. Millions of Americans do not have their hope in Obama.

Did Clinton vote to give George Bush authorization to invade Iraq?

Why, yes, yes she did. Bye, bye, bitch, go to the hall of shame where all the other war supporters and their spineless accomplices belong.

And we heard Kerry was "winnable" last election (he also voted for the war)

Kerry lost. I think I am done listening to people who think they know what "winnable" is.

dreamer20

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Would you really hire the amateur surgeon, when the master surgeon's wife was with him throughout all the time he spent on developing the procedures that safely save a victim from the deadly brain tumor, and knowing that he will also be in on the surgery on your loved one? Who would you pick?

I would pick the qualified, licensed newbie surgeon, as opposed to the surgeon's unqualified wife. :redface:

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
so, obama didn't vote?

waitaminute was he even a senator back then

Nope, he wasn't. He was elected in 2004. In 2002 he gave a firey speech against the invasion, (one which Clinton bitterly refers to often) but while running for senate, on Meet the Press, he wasn't so sure he would have voted nay.

If you remember 2004... everyone frontrunner voted for the war, except dean, who was a vice governor at the time.

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

the one that didn't make claims of removing sniper bullets from the brain of a patient while she was in Bosnia.

and definitely not the one that has the endorsements of most of the big pharma companies.... she probably just wants to do unnecessary surgery, and then prescribe medications I don't need.