Edwards Says No to Obama

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Attorney General Edwards? I don't think he has the utter disregard for the law that apparently is a pre-requisite for the job. :smile:
Want to be a bit more specific about John Edwards utter disregard for the law??? That's quite an UNSUBSTANTIATED allegation!

O

OldFirm08

'Kuchy'' at least has a really hot wife. It's all so messed up....should be Hillary with Obama as running mate IF they had thought this all out months ago,,,the perfect guarantee for two 8 year terms of democrats now down the drain.

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
'Kuchy'' at least has a really hot wife. It's all so messed up....should be Hillary with Obama as running mate IF they had thought this all out months ago,,,the perfect guarantee for two 8 year terms of democrats now down the drain.

But that is just toooo logical and makes tooo much sense for the democrats. Instead they are jumping the gun and blowing their wad on a wim with "hope" and "change". Change doesn't happen overnight like they believe it will. I'm beginning to talk about democrats like I am a republican, and this is a sad day indeed.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
But that is just toooo logical and makes tooo much sense for the democrats. Instead they are jumping the gun and blowing their wad on a wim with "hope" and "change". Change doesn't happen overnight like they believe it will. I'm beginning to talk about democrats like I am a republican, and this is a sad day indeed.
Skully, what are you set against Hope and Change......Jump on the bandwagon.....drink the kool aid.....:cool:

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I just don't have much faith in the american people being so ready for change. Slow change yes, but overnight change no. I believe if your boy just jumped on from the beginning as a vp it would have absolutely GUARANTEED a victory and possibly saved himself from some bad exposure. He then would be able to prove to everyone his merit, skill, vision, and talent. Then he would be able to take over for President one day.

Now we are risking what should have been a sure fire victory and presidential takeover. We are potentially blowing 16 years of holding it down in the white house, that means I would be 42 fucking years old the next time I might have to deal with a republican president!!! I'm 26 thats a large chunk of my life.

But now the possibility of that is dwindling and I take that shit personal. Because a bunch of cognitive misers get wrapped up in the poetic justice of it all MY ability to thrive and prosper over the next two decades is at risk. If obama doesn't win the presidency if he gets nominated I am leaving the party and never coming back.

A slow and gradual change; a black man becomes vp, then P. Like a stepping stone. Ease it in to people; they can't handle radical change that he and all his supporters profess. And what no one really wants to speak of but is certainly a reality is a gradual change like that may be better in terms of his safety. It takes people a while to get used to things, as you can see with what is presently going on. I have learned that you can't just throw care to the wind and hope for shit; you have to methodically attack it. You have to put your hands around the throat of life and take what you want from it.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

Amen.

Actually, I'd like to see Dr. Paul installed as Fed chairman, rather than hold a position of relative impotence like VP.

Slow change yes, but overnight change no.

A slow and gradual change

Real change doesn't work that way. Paradigm shifts are revolutionary, not evolutionary.

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
Real change doesn't work that way. Paradigm shifts are revolutionary, not evolutionary.

What's he going to do? Overthrow the American Federal Government?

More likely he is going to be completely impotent if he even gets to see the inside of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, and go home with his tail between his legs after receiving a royal political beatdown, the likes of which we've never witnessed.

Better men than him have gone to Washington with high ideals and plans to change Washington and gone back home dejected realizing that that type of change can't happen like "a revolution" in our system of Government. Obama is not a messiah.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
What's he going to do? Overthrow the American Federal Government?

More likely he is going to be completely impotent if he even gets to see the inside of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, and go home with his tail between his legs after receiving a royal political beatdown, the likes of which we've never witnessed.

Better men than him have gone to Washington with high ideals and plans to change Washington and gone back home dejected realizing that that type of change can't happen like "a revolution" in our system of Government. Obama is not a messiah.
NOT THIS YEAR NOT THIS TIME!....don't you get it trinity....Obama is different.....

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Better men than him have gone to Washington with high ideals and plans to change Washington and gone back home dejected realizing that that type of change can't happen like "a revolution" in our system of Government.

Did those failures indicate flaws in the system, or the men?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
1485545[/FONT]]'Kuchy'' at least has a really hot wife. It's all so messed up....should be Hillary with Obama as running mate IF they had thought this all out months ago,,,the perfect guarantee for two 8 year terms of democrats now down the drain.
I liked Kucinich but there is no way America will ever vote for a man who looks like a muppet. :tongue::frown1:

I agree but she messed up by consistently lying and hiring so many unscrupulous people to work on her campaign. I doubt they will be able to makeup and play nice at this point.

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
NOT THIS YEAR NOT THIS TIME!....don't you get it trinity....Obama is different.....

Once again, Obama is not a messiah. Obama is full of crap. Prime examples is him saying he doesn't take oil money...while taking those donations like every other candidate. Obama accuses other candidates of pandering on the gas tax holiday when he voted three times for a gas tax holiday. Obama said no conditions in sitting down with our enemies, but recently changed it to some pre-conditions or "prepartions." Obama has pandered to the Gay Community promising to fully repeal DOMA...he was for legal same sex marriage but now he's again only for civil unions. The full repeal of DOMA was only pandering for votes because he believes the states should always decide. Obama has been about and is about getting elected.

Did those failures indicate flaws in the system, or the men?

It indicates huge flaws in the foolish thinking that our system can be changed in an instant by some revolutionary means by one man...as if he is some messiah.

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
I liked Kucinich but there is no way America will ever vote for a man who looks like a muppet. :tongue::frown1:

I agree but she messed up by consistently lying and hiring so many unscrupulous people to work on her campaign. I doubt they will be able to makeup and play nice at this point.

I don't think Hillary messed up anything. I think Obama had a pillow or two...

Rev. Wright was apart of Obama's campaign. Ms. Powers who had to step down for calling Sen. Clinton a monster but more than likely because she was on tape saying that Obama is just saying what he needs to say in the campaign but intends to do something different in the White House. Then there is the Obama Advisor who went to the Canadian Governent and said the same thing on NAFTA. Add to that, Obama himself who did a wink and a smile in courting the Teamsters who want assistance in getting rid of Federal oversight.

And lying? Obama has quite of few of his own. Nobody believes he didn't know of his mentor's fundamental beliefs that he made public over a number of years. Obama lied about taking oil money. Obama lied about a member of his staff meeting with the Canadian Government. Obama lied about being conceived through the March in Selma. Obama has falsely stated he was raised by a single mother, when in fact his mother remarried and the family moved to Indonesia with his step father...later he was in the home of his two grandparents and attended private schools. Obama was far from being raised in a one parent household.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It indicates huge flaws in the foolish thinking that our system can be changed in an instant by some revolutionary means by one man...as if he is some messiah.

Messiah is an affectation of your own design. I was asking a general (not about Obama) question about flaws in contemporary political process which you largely side stepped:

In your opinion, is a failure to enact meaningful change within the US political system indicative of flaws with that system, or with those who would seek to effect said change, and if the former what would you advocate be done to correct them?

I'm assuming here, you would agree that the current US political system is somewhat less than 100% fit for purpose. If you don't, then all I can say is ... heaven help you. :cool:

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
Messiah is an affectation of your own design. I was asking a general (not about Obama) question about flaws in contemporary political process which you largely side stepped:

In your opinion, is a failure to enact meaningful change within the US political system indicative of flaws with that system, or with those who would seek to effect said change, and if the former what would you advocate be done to correct them?

I'm assuming here, you would agree that the current US political system is somewhat less than 100% fit for purpose. If you don't, then all I can say is ... heaven help you. :cool:

I answered the question with no side stepping. If you'd like me to answer in a general way not specific to Obama, I can do that too.

In my opinion, the failures of some of the men I was speaking of to enact meaningful change within the US political system was indicative of both flaws with the US political system and the men.

What do I advocate to change the system? Read what Skull Mason stated. Then Read what Hazel answered. Then read what I wrote. You should understand it then. I advocate for change, but again I don't think it will come in some revolutionary fashion through some Obama messiah. Anyone believing that is just buying the junk Obama is peddaling. Real Change will happen over time, it took years to get in this mess it will take time to fix it. It will also take a leader who knows how to work within the current system to change it.

fiascosauce

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I don't think Hillary messed up anything. I think Obama had a pillow or two...

Rev. Wright was apart of Obama's campaign. Ms. Powers who had to step down for calling Sen. Clinton a monster but more than likely because she was on tape saying that Obama is just saying what he needs to say in the campaign but intends to do something different in the White House. Then there is the Obama Advisor who went to the Canadian Governent and said the same thing on NAFTA. Add to that, Obama himself who did a wink and a smile in courting the Teamsters who want assistance in getting rid of Federal oversight.

And lying? Obama has quite of few of his own. Nobody believes he didn't know of his mentor's fundamental beliefs that he made public over a number of years. Obama lied about taking oil money. Obama lied about a member of his staff meeting with the Canadian Government. Obama lied about being conceived through the March in Selma. Obama has falsely stated he was raised by a single mother, when in fact his mother remarried and the family moved to Indonesia with his step father...later he was in the home of his two grandparents and attended private schools. Obama was far from being raised in a one parent household.

jesus, you are misinformed, or just very vitriolic.

obama takes PERSONAL donations, NONE in excess of $2300, as per campaign finance law. how can he help if those people happen to work for oil companies? he takes NO money from ANY corporations.

hillary takes the same personal oil donations, and she has taken more of that than he has.

jeremiah wright was never obama's "mentor." and those are not his fundamental beliefs. do you really think a man's fundamental beliefs can be summed up in 30 seconds of video clips? the body of his entire life's work was being represented in 15 seconds of air time, so he went out and made fun of a lot of it, so we now have 30 seconds of air time, and obama repeatedly denounced him. what more do people like you want?

why be cynical and pesismistic? obama, for all his faults, is CLEARLY superior to any other candidate.

if he picked hagel as a running mate, it would really drive home the point of change, and movement away from red state/blue state politics, which is something this country is in dire need of.

fiascosauce

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
and the fact stands that obama's mother was single, for whatever amount of time, as a result of divorce.

the fact stands that she was on food stamps.

the fact stands that hillary and mccain are the ones with 100's of millions in their bank accounts, who still have not released full tax information.

the fact stands that obama is not "peddaling junk," but trying, the best any one man can, to bring this country in the right direction. if it doesn't happen in one term, or a two term presidency, so what?

why not start now?