Eek! I think I am a Goth!

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I would've killed to go the Werkbund Exhibition. :biggrin1:

We are! Hoorah! You should see the movie "Bride of the Wind" . To have Gustav Klimt, Gustav Mahler, Oskar Kokoshka and Walter Gropius all in love with her ALma Schindler must have had it going on!

Yorkie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I just recently branched out from a diet of black on black I now wear much charcoal grey.
Steady on... before you know it you'll be wearing psychedelic tie-dyes! :biggrin1:
I've always worn a lot of black since age 11 (school uniform was black!),when I left school I got a motorbike and black leather jacket.I had black pvc trousers in 77 - 78. Before you ask,no I don't have any photos! :tongue:
My clothes were punk,I thought the goth crowd were a bit beyond the pale... (sorry,I couldn't resist :smile:)

Willy_the_Wonka

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Along with the Goth Primer would be:

Gothic Martha Stewart :eek:

Basically, how to Goth up your home, but I feel the examples given could be a bit...er, swankier. A lot of it looks too craftsy.

I do like the page that breaks down the various subgenres of Goth and how one would decorate within those motifs.
  • Victorian Perfect for AntiquityGoths.
  • Medieval Another fave of the Antiquity types, plus good for FetishGoth into dungeons.
  • Techno-Modern An obvious choice for CybertechGoth, also FetishGoth (it's so slick) and MilitaryGoth (so precise).
  • Cemetery Well suited to the TrashyGraveyardGoths.
  • Fairy Seems a little Glittergoth and NewRomantic too.
  • Asian Another somewhat Cybertech and Fetish style, with HippyGoth leanings.
  • Egyptian Both Antiquity and Glitter with hints of Graveyard.
  • Punk DIY GothPunk of course!
Mine would probably be techno-modern, lots of black and stainless steel, with a twist of Asian (Japanese Zen, even Tibetan)....
I LOVE the darker aesthetic of things, which isn't really to say I'm Goth. But then again, I wouldn't mind a Victorian Mansion done up in Addams Family macabre, via Z Gallerie 's darker moments. :rolleyes:

Or throw in a little decadent Hollywood Regency with the Goth, and you get stuff like MOGUL.

Really digging the whole Damask/Brocade thing that is so prevalent in current design, as well as juxtaposing black crystal chandeliers in Uber modern settings. :cool:

Then, THIS guy just has mad Goth style all the way! D.L. & Co. || MODERN ALCHEMISTS & PURVEYORS OF CURIOUS GOODS :cool:+++!

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Along with the Goth Primer would be:

Gothic Martha Stewart :eek:

Basically, how to Goth up your home, but I feel the examples given could be a bit...er, swankier. A lot of it looks too craftsy.

I do like the page that breaks down the various subgenres of Goth and how one would decorate within those motifs.

• Victorian
  • Perfect for AntiquityGoths. Medieval
  • Another fave of the Antiquity types, plus good for FetishGoth into dungeons. Techno-Modern
  • An obvious choice for CybertechGoth, also FetishGoth (it's so slick) and MilitaryGoth (so precise). Cemetery
  • Well suited to the TrashyGraveyardGoths. Fairy
  • Seems a little Glittergoth and NewRomantic too. Asian
  • Another somewhat Cybertech and Fetish style, with HippyGoth leanings. Egyptian
  • Both Antiquity and Glitter with hints of Graveyard. Punk DIY
  • GothPunk of course!
  • Mine would probably be techno-modern, lots of black and stainless steel, with a twist of Asian (Japanese Zen, even Tibetan)....
I do love the darker aesthetic of things, which isn't really to say I'm Goth. But then again, I wouldn't mind a Victorian Mansion done up in Addams Family macabre. :rolleyes:

Really digging the whole Damask/Brocade thing currently in design, as well as black crystal chandeliers in Uber modern settings. :cool:

I've always loved the Addams Family mansion! My style here would be a combination of Victorian, Medieval, Asian and Egyptian (as well as some other stuff not mentioned in the list). I refer to my favorite kind of decor as "Ethnic Eclectic".

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I once wanted to do a gothic garden, sun dials, a little victorian style gazebo, stone cherubs, and black flowers. I found these flowers that were black and actually bloomed in the shape of a bat, the seeds were £4.95 each (a packet of seeds containing a minimum of 50 seeds is normally less than £2) but I left my husband before I started doing it.

Willy_the_Wonka

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've always loved the Addams Family mansion! My style here would be a combination of Victorian, Medieval, Asian and Egyptian (as well as some other stuff not mentioned in the list). I refer to my favorite kind of decor as "Ethnic Eclectic".

Sorry, I was updating my post when you replied. :redface:

I added some links to really cool sites with neat stuff, be sure to especially chjeck the D.L & CO Modern Alchemists one. He has Gymnopédie by Eric Satie playing in an eternal loop over his site, so dark and elegant! :eek::biggrin1:

Spoiled Princess, a Gothic Garden would be so lovely.... A couple statues, hanging Spanish Moss, and really eerie plants...even a greenhouse all done up Victorian or Art Nouveau, with things like carnivorous and poisonous plants in them! :biggrin1:

ALSO... be sure to check out this artist's website... Mark Ryden. A strange mix of whimsical and morbid. Beautifully rendered oil paintings.

Just as far out there, is Ray Caesar. Elegant, morbid, and all done digitally through mastery of 3-d programs and texturing.

Uh...I'm enjoying this too much. :eek:

SpitFireWheels

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I have so many styles intertwined with my own now I don't even know what the hell it is anymore lol

I love black,
I really like collared polos/dress shirts
I like anything with skulls on it
I love the nightmare before christmas/corpse bride or anything by tim burton
I like having long black hair that hangs in my eyes
I hate baggy jeans
I always walk around with my hood up

I think I may be an emo kid or something...minus the cuts and crying in the dark:p