"Eight Inches, Stacked!"

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
So, yeah, I tuned in to the premiering of the new "Real World" in San Diego. One of the characters, Brad, is a tough-talkin', presumably street smart Chicago native described as the frat boy of the seven strangers. He looks the jock part -- built guy, prototypically attractive. He's boozing up with the roomies, and for some reason, he starts talking about his dick size. "Eight inches, stacked!" he yells out, and calls up his girlfriend back home for verification.

She sighs audibly over the line and reiterates his length. "What kinda eight inches, baby?" he hollers into the phone, and he says that he's really thick too...

Dumbass.

I'm sorry. I ended up snickering and muttering to myself, "...and you're still an inch shy of me, bro."

But this brings up a pretty good question... um, Brad knew his roomies all for a few hours and he just blurts out something like that. Granted, it's almost unavoidable to live with six other people and not to get some nudity exposure. Dicks, vaginas, whatever -- we're gonna see each other. At the same time, I feel like I wouldn't have just come right out and volunteered something like that for no apparent reason.

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Yeap, and nudity exposure is an every day happening in any of the armed forces with lots more than six other males, Dee.

For instance, one night after lights out with most of the guys asleep, we were all awakened by a loud thump, thump, thump and an even louder "wake up, you bastards, wake up and see this big one", over and over again.

Crenshaw, coming in from a pass, had begun hitting the end of each cot with his dick, as he walked down the aisle. Most of the guys had grabbed their flash lights and were shining the light on Crenshaw's huge penis as he went from cot to cot.

The word had already been spread that he probably had the biggest dick in the company, and after this he had no contenders for the title. How many inches? At least 9 or 10, and more than a hand full.

Luke

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
That still doesn't answer my question, Roy. Why did Brad choose to bring up his dick size among his co-ed (three guys, three girls) roommates out of the blue? Of course, they had all been drinking and inhibitions were loosened enough. Sure, that thing happens all the time. It almost sounds like Brad had some, I don't know, virility issue to prove...

...just like Crenshaw. Sorry, big dick or not, if he woke me up just to tell me that, he'd have my flashlight up his ass.

Perhaps in your situation, Crenshaw's acting with typical bravado. Guys get competitive about dick sizes and builds. Guys like to boast a bit; hell, I'm guilty of it too. At the same time, I don't feel like I have anything to prove to ascertain my manhood, least of all my cock size. You want to see it? Fine. Give me a couple of beers and start talking sexual shit, and if the conversation swings that way... sure...

...but I'm not just gonna volunteer that out, especially on day one among people I don't know. The barracks and the Real World San Diego house aren't exactly LPSG space... ;D

mindseye: A cynic like me might suggest that a scene like that was staged for the cameras. *Someone* on The 'Real' World has to be the lightning rod, after all.

If he were as drunk and unhibited as you say, why make the long distance call for the verification? There's obviously a more direct way to do so. How convenient it was for the show that the girlfriend answered the phone and gave the response he wanted (and not, for example, "Brad, my mom's here! Call me back when you're sober!").

I expect the scene was orchestrated for the season premiere, or at least edited for the show (perhaps an unedited version might have made the announcement seem less abrupt.)

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
[quote author=DeeBlackthorne link=board=99;num=1073447723;start=0#0 date=01/06/04 at 19:46:23]But this brings up a pretty good question... um, Brad knew his roomies all for a few hours and he just blurts out something like that.  Granted, it's almost unavoidable to live with six other people and not to get some nudity exposure.  Dicks, vaginas, whatever -- we're gonna see each other.  At the same time, I feel like I wouldn't have just come right out and volunteered something like that for no apparent reason.  [/quote]

These "Reality" shows need scintilation, inuendo and controversy to be successful. You can bet that the participants get a lot of prodding from producers, including the encouragement to talk about their endowments/conquests.

The 8" guy you mentioned may have gotten a bonus for being the first one to mention it, Dee.

jerkin4-10: [quote author=Pecker link=board=99;num=1073447723;start=0#4 date=01/07/04 at 06:47:45]

These "Reality" shows need scintilation, inuendo and controversy to be successful.  You can bet that the participants get a lot of prodding from producers, including the encouragement to talk about their endowments/conquests.

The 8" guy you mentioned may have gotten a bonus for being the first one to mention it, Dee.
[/quote]
or he may just be a loud mouthed jackass...

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
[quote author=jerkin4-10 link=board=99;num=1073447723;start=0#5 date=01/07/04 at 07:25:12]or he may just be a loud mouthed jackass...[/quote]
No, MTV already has that show.

Seriously, stars of 'reality' shows are encouraged to talk about sex and things like that. I mean, if you think about it, the reality format is a lot like the trash TV format, only in a series.

When did Americans start to like airing their dirty laundry all over the air?

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
[quote author=jonb link=board=99;num=1073447723;start=0#6 date=01/07/04 at 20:17:15]When did Americans start to like airing their dirty laundry all over the air?[/quote]

Um ... how old is The Jerry Springer Show? Or does it go back further than that?

tsctsc: I saw that episode this morning & was surprised that he was talking about his size, seemingly out of the blue.
This being MTV, it was Heavily Edited. We don't know what they all were talking about in the jacuzzi prior to this, but we do know that they were all somewhat drunk. There was one girl who was all over Brad prior to his talking about his size, but she went off to bed completely drunk. I agree that it was strange of him to call his girlfriend at 4:45 am and ask her to tell them how big his cock is ("and what kind of 8 baby? Thick stacked 8!")and Carmen was just hanging off of him, thinkin about how she is gonna get some.
I'd like to see what the prior conversation was & if the others were telling about themselves.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
In a somewhat, but not really related account, it seems that the latest season of the Real World has been hardly without legal troubles. The promo for the next episode shows Robin and Brad both being cuffed and placed into patrol cars...

But the sick thing is, allegedly, a friend one of the housemates raped a woman after a night of drinking and clubbing. Read about it [link=http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/articles/story.php?s=2035]here[/link]. Of course, [link=http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=rape+Real+World+San+Diego]the Google search on the alleged RWSD rape[/link] has generated a lot of coverage, too.

Note to self: Don't proclaim over some passed out girl downstairs, "I just hit that."

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
[quote author=DeeBlackthorne link=board=99;num=1073447723;start=0#9 date=01/11/04 at 00:16:36]In a somewhat, but not really related account, it seems that the latest season of the Real World has been hardly without legal troubles.  The promo for the next episode shows Robin and Brad both being cuffed and placed into patrol cars...

But the sick thing is, allegedly, a friend one of the housemates raped a woman after a night of drinking and clubbing.  Read about it [link=http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/articles/story.php?s=2035]here[/link].  Of course, [link=http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=rape+Real+World+San+Diego]the Google search on the alleged RWSD rape[/link] has generated a lot of coverage, too.

Note to self:  Don't proclaim over some passed out girl downstairs, "I just hit that."[/quote]
Well, they have to have an ever-increasing 'out there' factor. I wouldn't be surprised if, in a few seasons, they film them having sex.

tsctsc: I'm pretty sure that, in previous seasons, they have shown people who live in the house hooking up. I definitely remember a couple going to it under the covers a couple years ago. don't remember who, think it was RW Vegas.
they definitely like to tease the viewers with lots of nudity (blurred).

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
According to previews for the next episode, Brad's supposed to whip it out in front of a couple of his roommates.

(Of course, just between you guys and myself, I really want to boycott this season. It's not even that interesting, and quite frankly, when the one episode airs in which a housemate gets arrested, that's as good as it'll get.)

jerkin4-10: this isnt the first time that the real world has had a guy thats talked openly about his hungness..is that a word?'...*G*...the guy in boston...cant remember his name showed a couple of girls in the shower if i remember...and they were totally speachless after...and several comments were made afterwards...

cockinla: He was drunk. It was simply bravado. While not everyone would blurt something like that out, he did audition to be on the show, so he is already an exhibitionist to some degree.

You don't audition to be on a reality show without knowing what your getting into.

tsctsc: Jerkin4-10, I think the guy you are referring to was David. He had black hair, I think he went to the same military school as Nathan. He was/is definitely hung.
I think both of these guys have continued to do MTV shows--road rules/RW challenge, etc.
My fave recent RW guys: Chris from RW Chicago, and of course Danny from RW New Orleans.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A lot of times the characters do get goading from the directors and producers to blurt something like that out to weed out the unpopular actors, and build further situations

Of course, just happening to mention one's endowement while drunk is really no big deal compared to some of the other shows out there.

Example? Try theOSBORNS.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Ah, the Osbornes!

I guess they'd be f***ing nice f***ing neighbors if you don't f***ing mind a little f***ing noise once in a f***ing while.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
[quote author=Pecker link=board=99;num=1073447723;start=0#18 date=01/18/04 at 15:00:57]Ah, the Osbornes!

I guess they'd be f***ing nice f***ing neighbors if you don't f***ing mind a little f***ing noise once in a f***ing while.[/quote]
Tourette's?