Election Results

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
It is very concerning to look at the map that I am seeing on CNN. If Biden continues his lead and also overtakes Trump in Pennsylvania, the map shows a solid area covering a sizable portion of the West and all of the Pacific coastline plus a solid blue northeast portion of the US are solidly blue. The area in between is solidly red.

Not only is the nation divided, but it is divided by sections of the nations. Both the Democrats in some red areas and Republicans in some blue areas have a minority of minority party that is above 47 % which means that these are contestable states.

There are decidedly Democratic or decidedly Republican areas where the minority percentage is at 40 or lower percentage meaning that those areas are not really contestable in normal situations.

It is when two areas of a nation are so diametrically opposed to each other in terms of dreams, expectations, and kindness that can cause a nation to start splitting up. Consider Yugoslavia that under Tito appeared to be very well as a unified nation. When Tito died, the nation began to unravel. Yugoslavia is no longer a nation, instead, it is now several nations.

Decades ago the two parties could govern together. Now, this is becoming very problematic. Some members of both parties have such disdain for each other that it has become worse than the disdain for nations that are considered US enemies!

All the seeds are being sowed for the eventual breakup of the US into two or more nations. The moderates in both parties must see this does not happen.

Reactions: doc_jmart

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
This is a separate post because of its purpose and intent. It very different from my first post on this thread.

Why were the polls wrong this time? Polls had Biden with sizable percentage leads in national polls and in several Republican senate seats the Democratic candidate in a very significant lead.

When the votes were tabulated, this sizable difference swiveled so much that in some Senate races, the Republican candidate has won or at least is in the lead at this moment in time.

We know that the number of Democratic voters did in fact vote. Did Republican voters turn out as well as Democratic voters or were the polls wrong.

This has happened several times especially in Senate races where the Republican candidate does much better than the polling indicated and in the "old" South.

What gives?

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
View attachment 24461021 This is a private company that is heavily involved in immigrant detention. The gig is up.
Well yes! Those immigrants often become citizens and vote Democratic. Therefore, "We" meaning Trump must take their children away from them. Send the parents to parts unknown and let Public Q. Taxpaper raise the now abandoned children in Republican foster homes! That could answer part of it or at least delay for a generation the effect on the voting population.

Reactions: ActionBuddy

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
noirman said:
I cannot help wondering what Americans who voted for Trump were endorsing.

Racism, for starters.

Industrialsize said:
As the other thread has been closed. Discuss election results here.

@Moderators and/or @Mr. LPSG: Why was the previous "Elections Results" thread closed?

Is it because it started out with a poll that closed last night?

A/B

Last edited:

MisterB

Worshipped Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
@Moderators and/or @Mr. LPSG: Why was the previous "Elections Results" thread closed?

The Originating Poster felt the thread had gone off topic from his Opening Post/Poll and requested that his thread be closed.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The Originating Poster felt the thread had gone off topic from his Opening Post/Poll and requested that his thread be closed.
That has never been a reason to close a thread. We used to have a moderator template we would send to someone called,"Thread not going your way?...." instead of closing threads. The OP does not own the thread. It doesn't matter if he thinks it had gone off topic. If I'm not mistaken, he started the thread and never returned. Terrible precedent.

MisterB

Worshipped Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
That has never been a reason to close a thread. We used to have a moderator template we would send to someone called,"Thread not going your way?...." instead of closing threads. The OP does not own the thread. It doesn't matter if he thinks it had gone off topic. If I'm not mistaken, he started the thread and never returned. Terrible precedent.
You might want to take that up with @Mr. LPSG. He closed the thread. ;)

Reactions: g0nz0

halcyondays

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Why were the polls wrong this time? Polls had Biden with sizable percentage leads in national polls and in several Republican senate seats the Democratic candidate in a very significant lead.

The polls weren't wrong. For the last two months they reported several battleground states within the margin of error. Polls in most of those states tightened further in the last two weeks before election day.

In these states and congressional districts it's anyone's race.

The same thing happened in 2016. Remember Florida in 2000? Over the years a number of Presidential, Senate and House races have taken months to decide in the past because of recounts and litigation.

Election Day has turned into election week and possibly election month-or-two. :cool:

Reactions: Freddie53

LPSG Support

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Honestly, I just closed it without really looking into it. It's the politics section and love me or hate me I've always said I'm not going to spend any energy there especially not today.

I actually contemplated shutting down the entire politics section last night because regardless of the result it's going to be ugly. I don't think now is the time to attack one side or the other side. I know that's easy for a non-American to say. Last night it looked one way and in a whatsapp group I'm in it got really ugly with people attacking and laughing at Biden. I thought that was wrong and at the time I felt if the shoe were on the other foot it equally isn't the time to say the same to Trump supporters.

All that to say when someone asked for a thread to be closed I didn't read anything I logged in and closed it. I have no idea what was said or which way the original poster leans.

I broke my rule and just gave 5minutes of energy to this side of the site :(

D

deleted15807

Racism, for starters.
A/B

Yep. Many have amnesia what vaulted Trump to the top of the Republican steaming pile in 2015. He was middling to near the bottom then he said it:

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”​

He’s been on top of that pile ever since. It was all a lie but there’s a viable market for lies in his party. All the other reasons they give for his support is all lies IMO.

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Agreed!

Reactions: deleted15807

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
This is a separate post because of its purpose and intent. It very different from my first post on this thread.

When the votes were tabulated, this sizable difference swiveled so much that in some Senate races, the Republican candidate has won or at least is in the lead at this moment in time.

We know that the number of Democratic voters did in fact vote. Did Republican voters turn out as well as Democratic voters or were the polls wrong.

This has happened several times especially in Senate races where the Republican candidate does much better than the polling indicated and in the "old" South.

What gives?

Like I've continuously said throughout the year, the polls can't be trusted because Trump has a lot of silent support from people who'd never ADMIT to it. All we see are the more outrageous ones who show up at his rallies and being interviewed in video clips.

I've always figured that for every one of them there were perhaps 10 more who are complicitly shaking their heads in agreement. They don't tell pollsters or co-workers or even friends what they're thinking but they make sure to go out, step into that booth, and do what THEY DO.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Honestly, I just closed it without really looking into it. It's the politics section and love me or hate me I've always said I'm not going to spend any energy there especially not today.

I actually contemplated shutting down the entire politics section last night because regardless of the result it's going to be ugly. I don't think now is the time to attack one side or the other side. I know that's easy for a non-American to say. Last night it looked one way and in a whatsapp group I'm in it got really ugly with people attacking and laughing at Biden. I thought that was wrong and at the time I felt if the shoe were on the other foot it equally isn't the time to say the same to Trump supporters.

All that to say when someone asked for a thread to be closed I didn't read anything I logged in and closed it. I have no idea what was said or which way the original poster leans.

I broke my rule and just gave 5minutes of energy to this side of the site :(
Thank you so much for your transparency! Please don't shut down the Politics forum. Instead, appoint some Politics Forum only to manage the Politics Forum.

We need dedicated politics mods that people in the politics forum can recognize. Perhaps put the term politics mod on the avatar of those selected. Adding politics to mod would alert people that the politics forum mods are not responsible for the other forums at lpsg.com.

First: What we need are mods that can sniff out these troublemakers without pouring gasoline on the fire.

Second: We need politics mods that have a temperate personality and can maintain that temperate personality regardless of what some member who really needs to be banned types on his way to be permanently banned.

Third: We need politics mods that have tact. I once read that having tact means that you can tell someone to go to hell and make them feel glad that they are going! Sometimes using tact can diffuse a tricky situation without people having to be warned, temp banned or six months banned.

Fourth: We need mods that are Americans, British, Aussie, etc first, and party members second. A person can't be a good mod if he truly hates a group of people who are posting in the Politics forum.

Fifth: Politics forum mods need to be able to manage the Politics forum without having you having to regularly come forth and spend your time settling problems in the Politics forum because the politics forum mods have become impotent in settling issues.

I'm glad that this site is now registered in The Netherlands.